What's new

Playoffs!

There’s all kind of proof of the fact that Harden gets an unprecedented whistle. Like, totally unprecedented. I’ll refrain from saying whether or not I think it’s a just whistle, and just emphasize how unprecedented it is. And this whistle has absolutely everything to do with playing the Rockets. The dynamic between Harden-defender-referees is the most dominate feature of the game. That’s why it’s so ****ing boring to watch them.

There’s a believable scenario where we beat them this year. But I just don’t want to ****ing watch anymore Rockets basketball, so I’m hoping for another matchup.

And getting ahead of OKC and Miami in the draft would be nice as well.

I don't blame Harden at all. He's simply taking advantage of the slack given to him. He'd stop doing it if they didn't call it.

But the NBA wants 130-127 scorefests instead of 91-86 brawls. A more entertaining product they say.

I don't blame Harden at all. He's simply taking advantage of the slack given to him. He'd stop doing it if they didn't call it.

But the NBA wants 130-127 scorefests instead of 91-86 brawls. A more entertaining product they say.
I’m not blaming him either, fwiw. But I don’t honor his craft, either.

Not only he has physical habilities that overpowers most of the league PGs, and nasty handle skills, he's able to convert off balance layups (and that travelling off balance moonwalk step three) while forcing contact that no other player in the league can, which set him apart of everyone else in terms of scoring, and it makes wonder for him and his team on regular season, but when it goes to the bigger stages of playoffs (not just that first round against playoff bound teams), that strategy ain't really effective (cause the refs are good on whistling some Royce O'Neal out of the building for some Durant forcing his back at him on the spin of a turnaround fadeaway, but just won't do the same to a Paul George in a at least 6 game series) as these layups become much more of just of balance shots with huge nerfs on getting fouls and forcing the other team defense to scramble, and he spent a lof of time playing on the regular season strategy to adapt properly for another way of getting his shot and dishes

There’s all kind of proof of the fact that Harden gets an unprecedented whistle. Like, totally unprecedented. I’ll refrain from saying whether or not I think it’s a just whistle, and just emphasize how unprecedented it is. And this whistle has absolutely everything to do with playing the Rockets. The dynamic between Harden-defender-referees is the most dominate feature of the game. That’s why it’s so ****ing boring to watch them.

There’s a believable scenario where we beat them this year. But I just don’t want to ****ing watch anymore Rockets basketball, so I’m hoping for another matchup.

And getting ahead of OKC and Miami in the draft would be nice as well.
This.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think we could beat Denver in a close series -- like 4-2. But I say that, in part, because Jamal Murray, Will Barton and Gary Harris haven't played yet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong: after today Jazz still need one more win or one more Dallas loss to ensure that they don't finish #7. I think best winning percentage Mavs can have now is .600, while Utah can still go .598 if they lose all the rest.

Rockets are worse than last year. Westbrook is worse than CP3 in the playoffs by a decent amount. We were pretty close last year to beating them. After the first two games we figured out and every game was close. It would be nice to see us beat them. It might be important for this team. But without Conley and Bogey it's going to be hard against a lot of teams for us.

It's hard to be excited about the playoffs when the team has played so poorly. Granted they played the Lakers well enough, but they've beat two teams they should beat (by not many points either) and got absolutely crushed by a team that they should be at least equal with.

Some of those turnovers they're committing really makes me not want to watch the team. It's not like they're just the garden variety bad turnover. They are just horrendous, and they happen multiple times a game. If they can get that cleaned up I'll be a lot more interested in the playoffs.

Not that I'm not going to watch every single minute.

Many of the teams are struggling with turnovers as player reacclimate to playing ball again. As for the loss to the Thunder, other teams (such as the Lakers) also really struggled in there second games back against fresh opponents. Again, players getting use to the physical demands again. Don’t be too hard on them now, these are league wide issues we’ve seen.

BTW does someone know when Mike is going to leave the bubble?
I really can't find nothing about that. (If I remember correctly he will come back home due to his child's birth)

Thought 1: I hope we play Denver

Thought 2:

Our 9 man for the playoffs should be Gobert, O'neale, Ingles, Mitchell, Conley, Clarkson, Oni, Brantley and then either Bradley or Morgan depending on matchup.

Thought 3: Overall I'm just ready for the offseason so we can fix this trash a** bench.

Presuming we want #6, we're certainly not in the driver's seat.

We still need one more win or Dallas loss to ensure that we don't get #7. So we're probably not going to try to lose our next game against Dallas. Then we just have one game left to (possibly) manipulate against the Spurs (who may be in desperation mode, and we still may feel like we need a win).

On the other hand, OKC still has 4 games remaining. If they want to lose some of them to try to ensure a #6 seed, they can end up with more losses than we can no matter what we do. Importantly, they have a game the last day of the schedule, while Dallas and Utah will have both completed their schedule the night before. If they need a loss to end up #6, they'll be able to do whatever they want that last day.

Of course, still a lot to happen, but we're really not in control here.

We still need one more win or Dallas loss to ensure that we don't get #7. So we're probably not going to try to lose our next game against Dallas. Then we just have one game left to (possibly) manipulate against the Spurs (who may be in desperation mode, and we still may feel like we need a win).

On the other hand, OKC still has 4 games remaining. If they want to lose some of them to try to ensure a #6 seed, they can end up with more losses than we can no matter what we do. Importantly, they have a game the last day of the schedule, while Dallas and Utah will have both completed their schedule the night before. If they need a loss to end up #6, they'll be able to do whatever they want that last day.

Our biggest assets on this is that even tho some cenarios being more unlikely than others, Okc also can drop to 7#, Denver can drop to 4#, or surpass the Clippers, só its a bit tough to manipulate the seedings right now.

Can't see us doing anything better for our playoffs matchup than use those last three games to make Oni and Brantley more adapt to guard nba level guys (and hope they don't brick or turn it over)

Still, this Spurs are a team we should be able to beat if needed.

Last edited:

I'm really hoping that pride wins out over reason here and Chris Paul goes ape-**** crazy to get a shot at Harden and the Rockets.

In looking over the season series, OKC is 1 and 2 vs the Nuggets and 2 and 1 vs the Rockets, so there's that as well.

Last edited:
It's hard to be excited about the playoffs when the team has played so poorly. Granted they played the Lakers well enough, but they've beat two teams they should beat (by not many points either) and got absolutely crushed by a team that they should be at least equal with.

Some of those turnovers they're committing really makes me not want to watch the team. It's not like they're just the garden variety bad turnover. They are just horrendous, and they happen multiple times a game. If they can get that cleaned up I'll be a lot more interested in the playoffs.

Not that I'm not going to watch every single minute.
Like Conley dribbling off his foot when not even being pressured. Guys didn't even do that in the old man's league I played in.