What's new

Potential additions for next year at SF/PF, PF/C

There is already chatter that Embiid wants out, GS will target Embiid or Simmons with #2, unrest, etc.

Tobias was a good get for them. Tobias AND Horford was so dumb. Embiid and Horford would never work at Horford's number. I think a team built around Simmons, Tobias, Horford and athleticism could work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Except Horford and Tobias aren't athletic.

I kinda got where Philly was going with their moves this offseason but my gut-feeling ("what the ****?") proved accurate. They should've kept Butler and Tobias and moved Simmons for an efficient/low-usage PG.

I’m listening...
Same. At least under the assumption we can turn Bojan into less longterm salary, a decent scorer that's more well-rounded, or both. I think he'd be a just-about perfect fit here. The defense isn't great, but it's better than Bojan just like every other skill besides pure scoring ability.

I’m listening...
Same. At least under the assumption we can turn Bojan into less longterm salary, a decent scorer that's more well-rounded, or both. I think he'd be a just-about perfect fit here. The defense isn't great, but it's better than Bojan just like every other skill besides pure scoring ability.

I'm not sure it is currently an upgrade over Bojan and the salary is just too much. Bojan is a better shooter and I think he will age really well.

3 year and 57M for Bojan or 4 years and 149M for Tobias? Imma stick with Bojan. The picks we'd get are nice... but we could get picks cheaper than that.

I think Tobias is better than he showed as are most players in Philly because that team is toxic right now... I just don't see the rebounding being that much of a bonus and he is not meaningfully better on defense... if at all.

Except Horford and Tobias aren't athletic.

I kinda got where Philly was going with their moves this offseason but my gut-feeling ("what the ****?") proved accurate. They should've kept Butler and Tobias and moved Simmons for an efficient/low-usage PG.
I was saying athleticism around Tobias, Horford and Simmons.

It's just that Embiid and Simmons barely worked. Horford didn't help matters. If the team was built around Simmons, Horford and Tobias could work because they spread the floor

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I've said before that I think Glenn Robinson III might be a good low-budget pickup as a 3D wing who can guard 3s and 4s.

I'm not sure it is currently an upgrade over Bojan and the salary is just too much. Bojan is a better shooter and I think he will age really well.

3 year and 57M for Bojan or 4 years and 149M for Tobias? Imma stick with Bojan. The picks we'd get are nice... but we could get picks cheaper than that.

I think Tobias is better than he showed as are most players in Philly because that team is toxic right now... I just don't see the rebounding being that much of a bonus and he is not meaningfully better on defense... if at all.
Bojan is a 20ppg scorer with a .600 TS% and barely cracks league average on PER. His on/off splits are basically a wash. He does nothing to a meaningful degree besides score, and to be as proficient as he is and still have a mediocre impact on the game makes the case he is actively harmful in those other areas.

Harris isn’t Jesus but better on both fronts while playing out of position, with no spacing, scant possessions, and playing for a dumpster fire. He’s also four years younger and that REALLY matters.

Bojan is a 20ppg scorer with a .600 TS% and barely cracks league average on PER. His on/off splits are basically a wash. He does nothing to a meaningful degree besides score, and to be as proficient as he is and still have a mediocre impact on the game makes the case he is actively harmful in those other areas.

Harris isn’t Jesus but better on both fronts while playing out of position, with no spacing, scant possessions, and playing for a dumpster fire. He’s also four years younger and that REALLY matters.
Right... I just don't think the other stuff Tobias is a little bit better really makes up for the fact that he's a worse shooter. PER is trash. We are a really good defensive rebounding team so I don't see that as a deficiency. Bojan is a really good scorer... like top 40 on a per minute basis. He does it on great efficiency as well. He's also top 40 in TS%.

I know Harris is younger but that contract carries so much more injury risk... Its an extra year and an extra $100M. Honestly I don't know if he's an upgrade straight up for Bojan.

His on/off splits he is second on the team to Rudy... its skewed because he shares the floor with Rudy a ton. The starting lineup sans Conley was close to the best lineup in basketball. AND Bojan hit two game winners this year... Tobias ain't got those stones I'm afraid.

Right... I just don't think the other stuff Tobias is a little bit better really makes up for the fact that he's a worse shooter. PER is trash. We are a really good defensive rebounding team so I don't see that as a deficiency. Bojan is a really good scorer... like top 40 on a per minute basis. He does it on great efficiency as well. He's also top 40 in TS%.

I know Harris is younger but that contract carries so much more injury risk... Its an extra year and an extra $100M. Honestly I don't know if he's an upgrade straight up for Bojan.

His on/off splits he is second on the team to Rudy... its skewed because he shares the floor with Rudy a ton. The starting lineup sans Conley was close to the best lineup in basketball. AND Bojan hit two game winners this year... Tobias ain't got those stones I'm afraid.
For the record, I’m big on Bojan. I’m just interested in how they might get value back from Conley. But I’d also be fine with another year of Conley if he came off the bench. Bleh.

I don't want Tobias but I am skeptical of Bojan's fit on the team. He's awesome when he is splashing three after three. But that is really all he does well. Defense, playmaking, TO's all below average. I'm not totally sure how he fits in with the team identity. Obviously if we weren't shooting at an insane rate right now I might be missing out 45% 3pt shooter more. But he really did seem to give most of it back on defense.

He's an asset right now, if the team liked a trade that involved moving him, I would be support it.

I don't want Tobias but I am skeptical of Bojan's fit on the team. He's awesome when he is splashing three after three. But that is really all he does well. Defense, playmaking, TO's all below average. I'm not totally sure how he fits in with the team identity. Obviously if we weren't shooting at an insane rate right now I might be missing out 45% 3pt shooter more. But he really did seem to give most of it back on defense.

He's an asset right now, if the team liked a trade that involved moving him, I would be support it.
I just think its tough to knock a guy by saying all he can do is shoot... He's one of the best shooters in the league and has size and skill to get that shot off. If he was above average at the other stuff he'd be a max player.

The starters with Joe were very very very good... like Milwaukee good. If DM has leveled up then they should be even better. We can get our improvement from bench pieces. Tony has played better and worst case we have an upgraded backup center through internal development. I expect Morgan can help there too.

Bojan is one of those guys that just keeps improving too... I don't worry about his deal. What he loses in athleticism he will make up for with skill and improvement. He serious, he's a competitor, and he's a good teammate. We'd be doing better with him right now and might be a threat to the contenders.

For the record, I’m big on Bojan. I’m just interested in how they might get value back from Conley. But I’d also be fine with another year of Conley if he came off the bench. Bleh.
If we get something in the neighborhood of the Conley we are seeing now I think the best thing to do is keep him. At very least I think his trade value has increased if there was an interested team. In a non-Covid world we might be able to get some value back but I think with all the uncertainty it will be hard.

Conley has made a ton of money. I could see him opting out and going ring chasing with the Lakers.

Philly would cry tears of joy if someone would take Harris or Horford. Philly is going to lose Simmons or Embiid if they can't dump salary. That being said, would Philly/Denver consider a Simmons for Murray or Porter Jr? That would solve a lot of problems for both teams.

Even if they kept Simmons, with Butler and JJ they were a miracle shot away from beating the Raptors. Philly went from title contender to a team in disarray in one offseason.

Philly would cry tears of joy if someone would take Harris or Horford. Philly is going to lose Simmons or Embiid if they can't dump salary. That being said, would Philly/Denver consider a Simmons for Murray or Porter Jr? That would solve a lot of problems for both teams.
I am not sure I'd break up the Jokic Murray tandem. They need an elite wing and PF defender to complement. Simmons Jokic could end up being more potent than Murray Jokic. That is interesting.

I'm not saying Harris bad, but he is overrated by Jazz fans and not worth that contract. Having Gobert with a supermax and Harris with a 5 year max would kill this team. I'd much rather have Bojan and a smaller contract.

It would be very interesting. I think Simmons complements Jokic more and you'd still have Murray or Porter Jr. Then you add a scorer with Embiid and Horford and Harris. I think that could be a trade where both teams end up a lot better.

I'm not saying Harris bad, but he is overrated by Jazz fans and not worth that contract. Having Gobert with a supermax and Harris with a 5 year max would kill this team. I'd much rather have Bojan and a smaller contract.
If they called I would keep in contact with them because they are limited and could get super desperate. The contract situation would be tough for a couple years... but say they came with Tobias and JRich for Bojan and Mike... plus they kicked over their high second rounder this year and a 2021 and 2023 limited or non-protected pick... both their stars are injury prone and now I'd be listening. They shouldn't offer that... they just need one sucker team to get desperate. Sacramento and NY are still out there.

In my opinion, Philly has to trade Embiid. I'm not a massive Simmons fan, but I think Embiid is part lockerroom disturbance/part injury issues waiting to happen.

Philly would be unwise to dump assets in order to get away from Tobias. Maybe it's worth it to dump assets to get away from Horford, but the Simmons/Embiid issues are there even if Horford is dumped.

If I'm Philly, I'm looking for the best trade possible to send Embiid and get a wing who can shoot in return. This makes sense...

Wizards get draft picks from Warriors including #2
Sixers get Beal
Warriors get Embiid

Simmons, Beal, Richardson, Tobias and Horford is a really, really good team. Everybody can shoot. Everybody is an adequate defender.