What's new

Potential additions for next year at SF/PF, PF/C

I think the FO is all in on Morgan.

They're semi all in on Oni.

Brantley is definitely intriguing enough to keep around.

And JWF will be the new NWG.

Blazers might be in the market for a back-up C. And we know Stotts is a big Ed Davis fan - Davis for a couple future second rounds would more than make my day. Hell I'd take Henzonja off their hands - team is in serious need a hair upgrade anyway.
Mario is awful.

I do think Mario would be much better in Utah than Portland. I'd certainly take him on a minimum deal over Davis.

I do wonder if they do a one year limitation on luxury tax where it stays at the level they originally projected. Some teams are going to get absolutely crushed with the tax if it stays at the current year level. Couple teams would jump from like $25M in projected tax to like $50-60M real quick. I'm guessing there will be some sort of patch.

I think Denver is going to have to choose between Grant and Millsap this offseason. I think Grant gonna bit a little bit overpaid by Atlanta or someone in that tier. If Grant gets 12-13M a year and Millsap gets like a one year 10M type deal they will be at the tax. Their ownership group is allergic to being a tax team... it will not happen.

If you could get Paul on a 1-2 year deal at the MLE I'd be all in on that... I know he's been disappointing except for last nights game but off the bench or getting 20 minutes a game as a starter and bringing Bojan off the bench would be fire.

We'd have to find a home for Ed and maybe Tony Bradley as well as get JC to return around $10mish a year to fit it all in under the tax.
There's no way Bogdanovic comes off the bench. He was our 3rd best player this year and we just barely gave him 4 years and $73 million. You don't do that to bring a guy off the bench

There's no way Bogdanovic comes off the bench. He was our 3rd best player this year and we just barely gave him 4 years and $73 million. You don't do that to bring a guy off the bench
Either Bogey or Conley has to come off the bench. Unless you want a league-average average defense, at best.

Then I move Ingles to the bench... which hasn't been great this year, but I feel like maybe Morgan/Bradley or an addition can give him the PnR partner he needs.

Part of the reason I liked Joe with the starters was it seemed to get him and Rudy going more. DM and Mike have both been better finding Rudy, but I'd like to see it against another defense.

Then I move Ingles to the bench... which hasn't been great this year, but I feel like maybe Morgan/Bradley or an addition can give him the PnR partner he needs.

Part of the reason I liked Joe with the starters was it seemed to get him and Rudy going more. DM and Mike have both been better finding Rudy, but I'd like to see it against another defense.
Nah, it’s Conley that should come off the bench. He’s the weakest defender, and he fits best with JC.

Either Bogey or Conley has to come off the bench. Unless you want a league-average average defense, at best.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, although we were 13th this year with Conley starting 41/72 games. I'm just saying it's virtually guaranteed that Bogdanovic starts every game he plays because it's just not how the NBA works to bring in a guy as your major free agent signing, have him make a huge impact, and then turn around and bring him off the bench the next year.

If we were going to change the starting lineup, I would rather tell Joe that it's going to be him getting demoted and get him and Quin working all offseason on finding a way for Joe to do better off the bench. I am more worried about Joe's age than Mike's at this point... I don't think we're getting 2017-18 Ingles again.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, although we were 13th this year with Conley starting 41/72 games. I'm just saying it's virtually guaranteed that Bogdanovic starts every game he plays because it's just not how the NBA works to bring in a guy as your major free agent signing, have him make a huge impact, and then turn around and bring him off the bench the next year.

If we were going to change the starting lineup, I would rather tell Joe that it's going to be him getting demoted and get him and Quin working all offseason on finding a way for Joe to do better off the bench. I am more worried about Joe's age than Mike's at this point... I don't think we're getting 2017-18 Ingles again.
I mean when Joe started he put up almost exactly the same numbers as 2017-18 Joe. Defensively he has slowed down.

13th is almost precisely average. And should we expect more from Conley and Joe next year?

You can’t have Conley as the tip of the spear of your defense. And if you shift him away from the primary ball handler, then you’re either shifting Mitchell to the more burdensome defensive assignment, or you’re shifting him onto bigger wings and moving Royce down to defend the PG (and thus leaving Conley and Mitchell way under-sized at their posts). You don’t want any of this.

Maybe Conleys stock will rise with his playoff play and we can get more for him cause I’d rather have another big wing like Harris or millsap than conley. Detroit May do a sign and trade with wood too. Idk. Something to give us more size and defense.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe Conleys stock will rise with his playoff play and we can get more for him cause I’d rather have another big wing like Harris or millsap than conley. Detroit May do a sign and trade with wood too. Idk. Something to give us more size and defense.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
If you want Harris Philly would pack his bags for him. I bet you could get two firsts if you wanted to do a straight swap of Mike for Tobias. That contract is a problem for them.

I mean when Joe started he put up almost exactly the same numbers as 2017-18 Joe. Defensively he has slowed down.
You're right, the offensive numbers actually are a lot closer to 17-18 than I thought they were when looking only at his starts this year. It looks a lot worse on his basketball reference page with the whole season lumped together.

I would agree that his defense has slipped. But that would be another point towards bringing Joe off the bench, right? If we want to bring in a better defender at one of the forward spots, the starting lineup gets pretty crowded.

Mitchell and Gobert are absolute locks to start no matter what. If we bring in a defensive minded forward to start, then there would be two starting spots left for Conley, O'Neale, Ingles, and Bogdanovic to compete for. I think Bogdanovic would be the other forward even without the locker room politics aspect. He's better on offense than Ingles at pretty much everything besides pick and roll, he's more athletic, and the defensive gap between him and Ingles is probably shrinking as Ingles gets older. We would also have a new defensive forward to help in this situation. Maybe you would keep Ingles in the starting lineup then and play him at SG. I was initially thinking that Conley had more to offer, but as you pointed out Joe's offense was still pretty good as a starter.

If you want Harris Philly would pack his bags for him. I bet you could get two firsts if you wanted to do a straight swap of Mike for Tobias. That contract is a problem for them.
There is already chatter that Embiid wants out, GS will target Embiid or Simmons with #2, unrest, etc.

Tobias was a good get for them. Tobias AND Horford was so dumb. Embiid and Horford would never work at Horford's number. I think a team built around Simmons, Tobias, Horford and athleticism could work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app