What's new

Potential "Buy Low" Candidates

Do what it takes to get Lonzo. He's literally the best (theoretically) gettable backcourt mate for Donovan. He's like a Rubio that can shoot.
If and probably when Chicago breaks the bank for Lavine, they might be willing to trade Lonzo for an expiring like Bojan. It's risky, but if he doesn't have long term health issues, it could be a brilliant move.

Do the Rudy trade for Collins and Hunter then you're left with:

Don (25)
Lonzo (24)
Hunter (24)
Collins (24)

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

“How low can you go?”
Rodions Kurcucs is one guy that never achieved his potential in the NBA. Had some domestic dispute issues and some bad trade breaks. Still only 24 playing in Serbia. Atkinson unlocked some of his potential in Brooklyn - traded to Houston first I think, MIA from that point forward.

Jonathan Issac, depending on what you have to give up, low risk, potential high reward option. Much more talent than Hunter, Collins, OG or P Williams. Just needs to have some injury luck.

I like Issac a lot too. Super long defender. Would be something good to get if we are trading Gobert.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Jonathan Issac, depending on what you have to give up, low risk, potential high reward option. Much more talent than Hunter, Collins, OG or P Williams. Just needs to have some injury luck.
Yeah the fact that he hasn't played since the bubble scares me but he's definitely talented.

I wonder if they'd entertain something like NAW/Royce for Isaac.

That would be quite the deal. It’d be like Exum for Clarkson.
The Magic is owned by Disney. Isaac's politics was his injury. If he was on the Jazz I don't know if Donovan can get along with someone with a strong political opinion that doesn't align. But heh, Donovan may be the bigger man. I mean Karl loved guns and hunting and Utah tolerated him.

Not sexy at all but I'd give Thomas Bryant a minimum deal to be our backup center. He had a rough year coming back from his knee surgery but he plays hard. Good rim runner and can shoot it a bit. Defense is not great but good option for 12 minutes a night and a slightly different look than we've had.

Not sexy at all but I'd give Thomas Bryant a minimum deal to be our backup center. He had a rough year coming back from his knee surgery but he plays hard. Good rim runner and can shoot it a bit. Defense is not great but good option for 12 minutes a night and a slightly different look than we've had.
He was my homer pick!

The last few games he was looking like his old self but obviously small sample size. It could turn out to be a great gamble, if it works out he can play 20-25 minutes depending on the match-up. His play is not stereotypical like players around his range.

The Magic is owned by Disney. Isaac's politics was his injury. If he was on the Jazz I don't know if Donovan can get along with someone with a strong political opinion that doesn't align. But heh, Donovan may be the bigger man. I mean Karl loved guns and hunting and Utah tolerated him.
I feel like I need to correct you there. The Magic are owned by the ultra conservative DeVos family. Remember Betsy DeVos, Trump’s deranged Secretary of Education? Isaac’s politics actually fit right in in Orlando.

just not sure isaac is a buy low guy. i have to think the magic are still high on him and expect big things. i think it take a bit to get him.

i might give dzanan musa a shot as a buy low guy - averaged 20 and 5 in the ACB league on 50% FGs and 38% 3pt - 63.4% TS. his 20 ppg led the league in scoring by a wide margin (2nd place was at 17 ppg). he just turned 23.

The Mavs just held a veteran free agent mini camp with 30 some players with a lot of the same guys the Jazz had in. Tyreke Evans was the "star" of the group. If he's clean and sober there might be your guy.