What's new

Protestors storm capital

This is why social media banned Trump. It’s not because of their disagreement with conservative ideology. It’s because Trump uses social media to sow division and incite deadly riots. This is disgusting. Americans from all ideologies and political stripes should join together in impeaching and removing this cancer from our government. Not a moment to lose! Get him out! He’s the greatest danger to our country and planet.

I expect all Republicans today to speak out in outrage over this just as they’ve fiercely done for the past 4 years regarding the core principles of, “Family Values” and “Fiscal Discipline.”

After all, “bLuE lIvEs MaTtEr”, right? Or was it just a lame insincere talking point to win elections?

Just the fact that Trump is still allowed in the White House, much less out of jail, tells you everything you need to know about the Republican party.

Last edited:
such a lazy lie. People (like me) praised those who peacefully protested and condemned those who were violent and destroyed property.

Only extremists supported the violence.

look at the NBA. 100% peaceful protests.

Yet this republican/ trumpists propaganda that the violence was widely supported has been embraced by so many gullible people.
Nah, dude, it's not a lie. People praised those violent protesters just like people praise the capital protesters. Both are wrong. Both are extremists. They both make me mad and embarrassed.

Just because you didn't, doesn't mean people didn't say what I said. 100% Google it. It's funny you're calling me lazy.

Read the Tough Day to be Law Enforcement Thread. I see people condoning it within the first few pages and continue to support a extremist opinion.

Why you gotta deny it? Want me to start bumping responses and tagging you? Will you admit they did then?

Last edited:
Attempts to “both sides” this by “whatabouting” BLM is lazy at best and incredibly malicious at worst. None of those protests for civil rights can compare with insurrection at the nation’s capital incited by the POTUS to overthrow the election. The weaponry, the organization, the characters involved (the president and members of Congress), and the sheer boldness isn’t apples to apples. But when “you’re not alt right”, I’m sure looking at the two looks the same.

To the rest of us, Jan 6 was the ugliest day in our country since 9/11. And honestly, in the long term, might be more destructive to our democracy domestically and American hegemony worldwide.

But sure, whatabout BLM. Trump is in trouble so We need to change the subject!

So I listened to Trump's speech.

The main mistake he made was perhaps not knowing the reports of planned violence or the "Stand-down" order of the Capitol police. Given that information, he should have cancelled the march to the Capitol, maybe sending them over to some other place. Dunno if he even could. You need a permit to do the damn demonstration.

I don't think anyone gave him the reports of the FBI or other law enforcement who had already detected planned violence.

So, anyway, I have no way to document who is antifa. Maybe @Gameface. He did a few posts trying to tell me they are anti-fascist. Maybe @OneBrow, who tried to tell me they aren't communist of whatever. Maybe the whole crew of folks in the big DumpTrump rants above. I don't know.

I imagine there are some strange people showing up at Trump rallies pretending to be Trumpers, in full regalia, with friends with camera to document their antics, for one reason or another.

Political agitation, staged riots, like the Reichstag Fire, are often run out manipulating a lot of people who don't know the game.

Just looking at a few of the video clips, I think there were instigators inciting the stupids.

So here's my advice, if you care to be reasonable people. Don't push the issues like agitators if you aren't actually agitators.

I regularly advocate my friends don't join any outtaline organization or extremist advocacy group. Especially right-wing nutjob outfits. They are mostly FBI stings. Not as many left-wing stings imo. I don't approve of any kind of violence whoever does it, or any kind of bully tactics like the mob in here runs regularly against anyone who isn't sufficiently woke or whatever.

If you are a committed ideologue or activist of any kind, count me out.

I think perhaps the right word is not ecstatic here. Gotta be something more unhinged, for sure. May I suggest "delusional"?

Trump has lost at things he's done before, but the fact is.......he's got other things to do.

Looks like most people believe the break-in was a false flag operation, perhaps run by antifa or similar trained political agitators. They are busy comparing notes, studying the video loops and such. I heard on the radio that these guys have been found..... by leftwing media...... even before the cops could get there, and have been interviewed, sorta bragging about what they did.

If true, that is sorta telling.

Trump ordered the forces under his command to restore order and apprehend the criminals. What a stupid thing for Dem media to protect the perps and broadcast their deranged brags. But hey, Stupid is what Stupid does.
Screenshot_20210110-202559_Chrome.jpg

People believe some pretty backwards things to support their narratives on here.

Antifa storming the capital?! *cringes*

I really should stop reading most of this.

Attempts to “both sides” this by “whatabouting” BLM is lazy at best and incredibly malicious at worst. None of those protests for civil rights can compare with insurrection at the nation’s capital incited by the POTUS to overthrow the election. The weaponry, the organization, the characters involved (the president and members of Congress), and the sheer boldness isn’t apples to apples. But when “you’re not alt right”, I’m sure looking at the two looks the same.

To the rest of us, Jan 6 was the ugliest day in our country since 9/11. And honestly, in the long term, might be more destructive to our democracy domestically and American hegemony worldwide.

The storming of the capital building, it being fueled by a delusional president and the organized rioting is much worse. 100%

They're both wrong though. It's sad people on both sides will deny this.

Nobody cares that much about Trump.

People get dizzy seeing how fast Dems change the tune. Violence is understandable, riots, burning and pillaging black-owned businesses in black neighborhoods, incited by white dudes standing on the sidelines. Guys breaking windows and stepping aside to let the mob get in. Antifa OK.

Just like those two guys in the video clip above standing there on the ledge next to the doors and windows telling the chumps to take out the guard at the door.

Really just another possible example of how to incite violence, maybe even the same person as the Antifa white inciter.

We can't really be sure of much from such video clips. Almost everything is possible. Sure maybe there are sincerely nutjob folks on the Trump supporter side, and nutjob folks on the "progressive" or whatever side, like the dude who took the rifle out to shoot the Republican congressmen on the ball field.

Marxist version of Machiavellian operations, or whatever ideological cause, are known to involve agitators working on people's passions of the day. It's the first question to ask when something like this goes down.

The fact that dems are going whole hog on the Trump blame game is as disturbing as anything Trump or Trumpers have said.

The Bible say's "Surely the wringing of the nose will bring forth blood".

At some point, someone has to step up in front of every mob, even the mob you guys are, and try to talk down the craziness.

Sorry I can't sit here. Gotta go. It will be weeks before I get back.

Really, I hope by then someone has cooled the rant.

Sorry I can't sit here. Gotta go. It will be weeks before I get back.

Really, I hope by then someone has cooled the rant.
Yeah, I think we all hope you can cool off during your break and get back to reality. I hope antifa leaves you alone, I'm pretty worried they are going to trip you or make you run out of gas. Keep safe from antifa, China, and facts!

We clearly aren’t taking this as seriously as we should. The president of the United States attempted to overthrow our democracy by inciting a large mob of his followers to take over the capital. For those serious about right wing terrorism and how bad things are, I encourage you to read Timothy Snyder’s essay from today’s NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/magazine/trump-coup.html

Post-truth is pre-fascism, and Trump has been our post-truth president. When we give up on truth, we concede power to those with the wealth and charisma to create spectacle in its place. Without agreement about some basic facts, citizens cannot form the civil society that would allow them to defend themselves. If we lose the institutions that produce facts that are pertinent to us, then we tend to wallow in attractive abstractions and fictions. Truth defends itself particularly poorly when there is not very much of it around, and the era of Trump — like the era of Vladimir Putin in Russia — is one of the decline of local news. Social media is no substitute: It supercharges the mental habits by which we seek emotional stimulation and comfort, which means losing the distinction between what feels true and what actually is true...
America will not survive the big lie just because a liar is separated from power. It will need a thoughtful repluralization of media and a commitment to facts as a public good. The racism structured into every aspect of the coup attempt is a call to heed our own history. Serious attention to the past helps us to see risks but also suggests future possibility. We cannot be a democratic republic if we tell lies about race, big or small. Democracy is not about minimizing the vote nor ignoring it, neither a matter of gaming nor of breaking a system, but of accepting the equality of others, heeding their voices and counting their votes.
We really need to stop comparing the BLM protests to what has happened over the last few months. The BLM protests were about liberating those discriminated against and brutalized for their skin color. Those abused at the lowest level of our caste system. While Trump’s Big Lie and insurrection was about protecting those who’ve always been over privileged by throwing out the votes of those underprivileged. It’s a mockery of the quest for civil rights by comparing the two. It’s morally repugnant. Trump lost the election and subsequent lawsuits. He and his followers had no credible reason to protest or attempt to overthrow the government. There wasn’t any voter fraud. This president so morally and emotionally compromised shouldn’t be endowed with the powers of the executive not a second more!

Last edited: