What's new

Quotes around the league - Jingles calling Griffin a flopper, Dagger 3 and blowing a kiss

We had a huge "reply all" intentional, but seemed unintentional, that sabotaged a partnership with a wealth management firm. It was one of the sneakiest, most effective, power moves I've ever seen.
Need the deets.

Need the deets.

Not too exciting... One of the partners sent an email to the firm letting them know this wealth management firm would be subleasing a couple offices from us... so if you saw a few new faces in the office say hi that's who they were.

Another partner not to thrilled replied to all (a pretty sizeable firm... few hundred people on the email) stating he thought when they had discussed this move in partnership meeting they decided not to work with the firm and not to be in the business... wouldn't letting them lease space be "letting the nose of the camel in the tent". It was written like he was just replying to the one partner... I knew the partner really well and he couldn't hide his smile when I asked him about it. That firm was such a **** show.

Firm never moved in and never partnered.

Not too exciting... One of the partners sent an email to the firm letting them know this wealth management firm would be subleasing a couple offices from us... so if you saw a few new faces in the office say hi that's who they were.

Another partner not to thrilled replied to all (a pretty sizeable firm... few hundred people on the email) stating he thought when they had discussed this move in partnership meeting they decided not to work with the firm and not to be in the business... wouldn't letting them lease space be "letting the nose of the camel in the tent". It was written like he was just replying to the one partner... I knew the partner really well and he couldn't hide his smile when I asked him about it. That firm was such a **** show.

Firm never moved in and never partnered.
I got an email yesterday from someone saying they were leaving to another position, were grateful for the past 7 years or whatever, but I have no idea who this person is (someone on some higher level, but really who cares).

I got an email yesterday from someone saying they were leaving to another position, were grateful for the past 7 years or whatever, but I have no idea who this person is (someone on some higher level, but really who cares).

Someone else is should send that email.

I remember when I passed the CPA exam the managing partner announced it to the firm and the subject line cutoff at "John Smith Passed..." I had 20 people that thought I had died initially... it was funny.

Someone else is should send that email.

I remember when I passed the CPA exam the managing partner announced it to the firm and the subject line cutoff at "John Smith Passed..." I had 20 people that thought I had died initially... it was funny.
My mom sent out a family group text informing everyone that my grandma had passed her driving test (she had moved to Utah), but most people's phone alerts only showed "grandma passed..."

My mom sent out a family group text informing everyone that my grandma had passed her driving test (she had moved to Utah), but most people's phone alerts only showed "grandma passed..."

That's funny... I actually walked into the managing partner's office and declared "you killed me!" and got a good laugh.

76ers- Joe Ingles looks like the type of guy to call you out for tipping 10% for no reason and then secretly slip the waiter a $20 and whisper, "Sorry about my mate, he can be a ****."

This ones for me. Hits too close... suffered this through Christmas. Mother's new husband is infamous for leaving **** tips, so I'd forget my phone on the table and have to go back to get it. I think he finally caught on there at the end and asked 'what's a good tip'. When explaining 15/20/25, he looked bewildered.

I aspire to be more like Joe.

This ones for me. Hits too close... suffered this through Christmas. Mother's new husband is infamous for leaving **** tips, so I'd forget my phone on the table and have to go back to get it. I think he finally caught on there at the end and asked 'what's a good tip'. When explaining 15/20/25, he looked bewildered.

I aspire to be more like Joe.

15 or 18 aren’t even in my vocabulary.

My wife and I always do just over 20%. Though I’ve recently started adding an extra $1-3 on as well.

These made me laugh pretty hard. Great way to start the day.

And I was a recent victim of the now infamous Reply All in December which invited all of the State's employees to an office party of one small department. Dozens and dozens of people Reply All'd back to tell them about their Reply All. And some just wanted to know where the party was. Went on for awhile.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Gets in his electrical work truck?

All this time I thought he was a plumber.

As for tipping, why should the waiter at the expensive steakhouse get a $15-$20 tip while the waitress at Denny's gets $5 for the same amount of work?

Feel free to leave a $20 tip next time you're at Denny's.
Nah, i just don't feel obligated to leave 15% or 20%. Who determined it should be that amount? I'll leave my 10% at expensive places where the waiters are making more per hour than I do for bringing out a few plates and stopping by once to ask me how my meal was?

These made me laugh pretty hard. Great way to start the day.

And I was a recent victim of the now infamous Reply All in December which invited all of the State's employees to an office party of one small department. Dozens and dozens of people Reply All'd back to tell them about their Reply All. And some just wanted to know where the party was. Went on for awhile.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
The Reply Alls that say "Take me off of this list" are the worst.

I have a Reply All story...kind of.
We were dealing with a software vendor who was absolutely horrible. Ironically, they were known as MSG and the project manager who was tasked with replacing them ordered "No MSG" shirts for us with the circle and the line drawn through it (i.e. the sign you see in some Asian food restaurants).

Anyway, an e-mail thread got going between a lot of us and I had written how happy I was going to be when we finally got rid of them. In the midst of e-mailing, the thread eventually started talking about specific bugs, at which point some brain surgeon in IT forwarded it to that company. Not that I cared, but I was pretty unpopular with that company afterwards.

I work for Cisco (in Norway), and with 60000-70000 employees, you can create some kick *** email storms. We've even made wikipedia's example list.
The fascinating part was that two of our biggest ever storms came within about a month of each other.

I work for Cisco (in Norway), and with 60000-70000 employees, you can create some kick *** email storms. We've even made wikipedia's example list.
The fascinating part was that two of our biggest ever storms came within about a month of each other.

That is amazing!
  • On 18 September 2013,[5] a Cisco employee sent an email to a "sep_training1" mailing list requesting that an online training be performed. The list contained 23,570 members. The resulting storm of "unsubscribe", "me-too" requests, sarcastic facepalm images and recipes for broccoli casserole[citation needed] resulted in (by the time the list was closed) over 4 million emails and generating over 375GB of network traffic. The following month on 23 October 2013,[6] a nearly identical email storm occurred when an employee sent a message to a Cisco group containing 34,562 members. The thread was flooded with "remove me from the list", "me too", "please don't reply-all", and even a pizza recipe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_storm

Not that this takes away the greatness or funniness of these quotes but just as an FYI, Joe on the radio awhile back said he didn't tip when he first came to the states because in AUS they pay them more so the tips aren't needed and could be taken as an offense.