What's new

R.I.P. The Tank

Well, believe it or not, Kessler currently has a 2.0 offense +/- and a whopping 141 offensive rating. Him being in the floor does make our offense flow better instead of settling for happy threes like we've seen year after year under Quin. Same reason Rudy made our offense better with his cutting and screen setting despite being limited offensively himself.

Him being on the floor may not have prevented a pels come back and forcing OT, but the fact is we almost blew pels out of the building with him on the floor then simply threw our lead away once we took him out.
Stop relying on those numbers for the fourth quarter, the jazz weren’t playing team ball in the fourth. Pels didn’t force OT because Kessler was on the bench. Pels forced OT, because the jazz abandoned the offense for that good old DM late game offense. The offense was completely different from what it was at any other part of the game with or without Kessler. If Lessler had played in that time frame his +/- numbers wouldn’t have been as good.

And like I said, giving Mike Conley 36min in a game, Olynyk 37 or Lauri 39, given their injury history, does not help us reach whatever goal we are trying to reach this season.
They got those big minutes because of OT. Teams rarely do subs in ot either that’s not just a jazz thing. In regulation Conley had 31 min, Markkanen 34 min and KO 32

And like I said, giving Mike Conley 36min in a game, Olynyk 37 or Lauri 39, given their injury history, does not help us reach whatever goal we are trying to reach this season.
All you are doing is second guessing coach in hind sight for a guy trying to win a game. This is pointless, unless you know more than the actual coach as to what this team needs.

Stop relying on those numbers for the fourth quarter, the jazz weren’t playing team ball in the fourth. Pels didn’t force OT because Kessler was on the bench. Pels forced OT, because the jazz abandoned the offense for that good old DM late game offense. The offense was completely different from what it was at any other part of the game with or without Kessler. If Lessler had played in that time frame his +/- numbers wouldn’t have been as good.
How did we abandon good team offense for bad iso offense though? Does subbing off a good team player who sets good screens & make good cuts for a bunch of iso players who always look to shoot whenever they have the ball has something to do with that?

I have yet to see Lessler do anything of merit on this team. **** that guy.

How did we abandon good team offense for bad iso offense though? Does subbing off a good team player who sets good screens & make good cuts for a bunch of iso players who always look to shoot whenever they have the ball has something to do with that?
Markkanen for one pretty much didn’t touch the ball at all for most of the last 7-8 minutes of regulation because Conley and Clarkson went off on their own abandoning the offense. What does Kessler have to do with that??

rallying their fan base around the potential to land a franchise player was clearly not the goal of this org , despit it seemingly so by the national broadcasters and the typical fan who assumes the only way to winning is having a franchise player and the only way to a championship is having 2 or more.
But they had 2 and never won it all, so they hit reset and fasforward in the same offseason. They did not hit shut down or restart.

The main reason the Pelicans came back was we didn’t score for like a 6 minute stretch lol. McCollum got going offensively and hit some tough shots.
too many settles for off balance out of rhythm shots, by JC who thinks he is Kobe again, and too many gimmies missed by Mike Marky and others.
This also not a good rim protecting team at all.

It has been fun watching this very entertaining version of the jazz. i think things will get tougher as teams now have some scouting film and data on how the Jazz play as a team and strength and weaknesses of our players. I don't know how far this team can go but it looks like it might be a fun journey.