What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Rittenhouse

The Thriller

I think you may not be cynical enough to appreciate the media’s ability to actually get people to care or not care about things, and that numerous people connected to Epstein (guilty or not) are very large donors to major media outlets. Trump being connected to Epstein and there having been an active child rape case against the two of them wasn’t not covered just because the viewers didn’t apparently didn’t demand Trump controversy.
Well, that and the majority of Trump supporters wouldn’t have cared. It would have been dismissed as, “fake news” and justified by tex cuts, conservative judges, and the “left is worse” excuses that justified all the other garbage that was justified by Trump supporters. It was and still is a dead-end story to connect Trump to Epstein since his followers won’t care and those who already dislike Trump will continue to dislike Trump.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Well, that and the majority of Trump supporters wouldn’t have cared. It would have been dismissed as, “fake news” and justified by tex cuts, conservative judges, and the “left is worse” excuses that justified all the other garbage that was justified by Trump supporters. It was and still is a dead-end story to connect Trump to Epstein since his followers won’t care and those who already dislike Trump will continue to dislike Trump.
So instead focus on all the other things that Trump supporters surely cared about?

The Thriller

Yep. We as a society dont care about that case enough for some reason. If we did and we were craving coverage of that case then the media would give it to us. They love having our eyes on their articles and news programs.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
The 24 hour news cycle crams too much News into our lives too fast. We can’t even process people being killed terrorist style by a SUV the other day before something worse being shown today and tomorrow. This was no truer than the Trump era when he would do or say something one day that would’ve ended anyone else and then the very next day do something just as despicable. The zone was flooded with so much **** that no one could fully process what was happening.

Because local journalism has died and everything has been nationalized, people can now choose which news silo/echo chamber they want to inhabit. And it’s all available at the touch of a phone. Not sure if phones and the internet have necessarily been great inventions tbh. Social media is mostly just filth. I wish we could put this genie back in its bottle.

Last edited:

The Thriller

So instead focus on all the other things that Trump supporters surely cared about?
I think this didn’t happen all at once. It’s been an ongoing experiment for 5 years now. The media rarely reports on the investigations into his finances anymore. I think there came a point where a lot of journalists just gave up. Even if today Maxwell admitted to serving up underage girls for Trump’s needs, it wouldn’t generate near the outrage as it would’ve pre presidency. Too many of his followers have their identity tied to his success. They’ve justified too much already. They’ll easily dismiss it, as they’ve already dismissed lying about business in Russia, racism, grabbing women by the *****, stormy Daniels, obstruction of Justice, blackmailing Ukraine, killing off millions unnecessarily to Covid, and Jan 6.

The Thriller

Sadly, talking about CRT and how milk is a few quarters more expensive gets way more eyeballs than Maxwell stories, the amazing economic growth we’re seeing, the new infrastructure bill, and hundreds of millions getting vaccinated.

It’s all about clicks and outrage.

And since Maxwell might have dirt on people across the political spectrum, no one wants to click on that and see their tribe attacked. It’s a loser story. It’s just easier to talk to some trump morons in a diner who still support him even after he swindled them from their last paycheck and to demand that Dems do more to placate to their needs. Or pretend that paying a few cents for milk is a big deal despite the economy growing rapidly and wages rising. Or do a story about how some Virginia mom felt disrespected because her kids learned at school that Columbus was racist.

Last edited:

Archie Moses

I hate guns and have no problem if they all were destroyed. Too many people die from them and it boggles my mind how many people have an infatuation with them.

In both of the KR shootings, there were opposition with guns threatening and chasing him.

To me, if you watch any of the videos, everyone there that night were using a moral high ground card as an excuse to act irresponsible and put others in danger. Everyone there, to me, put themselves in danger.

However, there were plenty of protesters who conducted themselves in a non-violent and non-threatening way. To me, it's no surprise the 3 people shot didn't.

The 17 year old kid was doing what he thought was morally right and influenced by others. The grown *** men that were shot, were acting like, well, violent instigators. I guarantee, 100%, if they didn't attack the KR they would be alive today.

They're not martyrs and it's bizarre to me how political and racial this has become.

The media, politics and social media have a stranglehold on people's thoughts imo.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Sadly, talking about CRT and how milk is a few quarters more expensive gets way more eyeballs than Maxwell stories, the amazing economic growth we’re seeing, the new infrastructure bill, and hundreds of millions getting vaccinated.

It’s all about clicks and outrage.

And since Maxwell might have dirt on people across the political spectrum, no one wants to click on that and see their tribe attacked. It’s a loser story. It’s just easier to talk to some trump morons in a diner who still support him even after he swindled them from their last paycheck and to demand that Dems do more to placate to their needs. Or pretend that paying a few cents for milk is a big deal despite the economy growing rapidly and wages rising. Or do a story about how some Virginia mom felt disrespected because her kids learned at school that Columbus was racist.
The economic deal just got passed. It has nothing to do with the economic growth going on and you cannot credit Biden with creating this economic growth.

U.S. Presidents are not the primary driving factor in the success or failure of the economy. I said the same thing when Trump was enjoying a good economic run, one that began under Obama. But even then, it was factors pretty far removed from the Oval Office that were driving that economic success. Same right now. We had a massive dip as a result from both the pandemic itself but also our chosen response to the pandemic. That dip was destined to go back up. That's what's happening and it would have happened regardless of who won the Presidency in 2020.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I think you may not be cynical enough to appreciate the media’s ability to actually get people to care or not care about things, and that numerous people connected to Epstein (guilty or not) are very large donors to major media outlets. Trump being connected to Epstein and there having been an active child rape case against the two of them wasn’t not covered just because the viewers apparently didn’t demand Trump controversy.

Just fake news and deep state that **** away.

JazzGal

Contributor
I hate guns and have no problem if they all were destroyed. Too many people die from them and it boggles my mind how many people have an infatuation with them.

In both of the KR shootings, there were opposition with guns threatening and chasing him.

To me, if you watch any of the videos, everyone there that night were using a moral high ground card as an excuse to act irresponsible and put others in danger. Everyone there, to me, put themselves in danger.

However, there were plenty of protesters who conducted themselves in a non-violent and non-threatening way. To me, it's no surprise the 3 people shot didn't.

The 17 year old kid was doing what he thought was morally right and influenced by others. The grown *** men that were shot, were acting like, well, violent instigators. I guarantee, 100%, if they didn't attack the KR they would be alive today.

They're not martyrs and it's bizarre to me how political and racial this has become.

The media, politics and social media have a stranglehold on people's thoughts imo.
Sure, based on our laws, the verdict was correct. But the reasons behind the actions taken should be what matters. Yes, if the men had left Rittenhouse alone they would likely be alive. But why did they come after him? How come no one else had to shoot three people that night?

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Thriller

The economic deal just got passed. It has nothing to do with the economic growth going on and you cannot credit Biden with creating this economic growth.

U.S. Presidents are not the primary driving factor in the success or failure of the economy. I said the same thing when Trump was enjoying a good economic run, one that began under Obama. But even then, it was factors pretty far removed from the Oval Office that were driving that economic success. Same right now. We had a massive dip as a result from both the pandemic itself but also our chosen response to the pandemic. That dip was destined to go back up. That's what's happening and it would have happened regardless of who won the Presidency in 2020.
I never said the infrastructure deal was the catalyst for the economic recovery. But the whole point that milk being a few quarters more than last year is getting 100x more attention than the infrastructure deal or the economic recovery. In the end, upgrading our infrastructure will benefit Americans far more than milk.

While I agree mostly that presidents get a disproportionate amount of credit/blame for the economy, i do believe that Biden and the democrats deserve some of the credit. They’ve passed spending deals that republicans have opposed. Providing health care, child care, and unemployment benefits while Repubs didn’t was a good move towards economic recovery. And they deserve a lot of credit for that. Expanding child care is far more important than whatever quackery bored republicans think is being taught in schools, yet even this gets buried in the nonsense.

They’ve promoted and distributed vaccines that have prompted economic growth. The virus is what killed our economy in 2020. And I believe that Dems and Biden have handled the virus far better than Repubs and Trump would’ve.

Remember, we’re just a little over one year past when Trump and his quack doctors (Atlas and Oz) were promoting herd immunity by letting the virus ravage through unchecked and Trump was promoting quack treatments like hydroxy and flashlights up your ***. It would’ve been hard for the economy to recover this year with president who believed in that nonsense.

Last edited:

The Thriller

Just fake news and deep state that **** away.

Did you know that RFK is still alive? Did you know that he and Trump are working to free children from liberals? Liberals who suck the blood from children to remain young? I mean, just look at how young and healthy the Clintons look. George Soros invented Covid and worked with Hugo Chavez to rig the election. And Jewish space lasers, can’t forget about that.

RFK and JFK will reveal their plans soon and Trump shall reign supreme as president for life. Trust in the plan man just trust in the plan. The plan will save us from everything that’s scary. Pretty sure trump is Jesus reincarnated.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I never said the infrastructure deal was the catalyst for the economic recovery. But the whole point that milk being a few quarters more than last year is getting 100x more attention than the infrastructure deal or the economic recovery. In the end, upgrading our infrastructure will benefit Americans far more than milk.

While I agree mostly that presidents get a disproportionate amount of credit/blame for the economy, i do believe that Biden and the democrats deserve some of the credit. They’ve passed spending deals that republicans have opposed. Providing health care, child care, and unemployment benefits while Repubs didn’t was a good move towards economic recovery. And they deserve a lot of credit for that. They’ve promoted and distributed vaccines that have prompted economic growth. The virus is what killed our economy in 2020. And I believe that Dems and Biden have handled the virus far better than Repubs and Trump would’ve.

Remember, we’re just a little over one year past when Trump and his quack doctors (Atlas and Oz) were promoting herd immunity by letting the virus ravage through unchecked and Trump was promoting quack treatments like hydroxy and flashlights up your ***. It would’ve been hard for the economy to recover this year with president who believed in that nonsense.
I definitely agree that inflation is being laid at the feet of Biden when there is some degree of worldwide inflation happening which is not on this administration or mostly on U.S. policy, although U.S. policy can have an effect worldwide. This inflation was going to happen. Just like economic benefits can't be attributed to the just passed infrastructure bill, neither can inflation.

Most of the pandemic response happened at the state level. Trump certainly could have done more and set a better example and most of all he could have encouraged his supporters to act like adults rather than pouty little children who don't want to eat their brussels sprouts. But this pandemic has raged all over the world despite a variety of ways that countries have either tried to fight it or let it go. There are a few rare exceptions where the virus has been kept under control and those places have put in place extreme measures to control people and their movements. That's not just something that wouldn't have been accepted by the majority of the people in the U.S. but it wouldn't have been accepted in the majority of the Western world. So this pandemic is not Trump's fault. Again, he could have handled it better, but this was always going to be handled differently state by state.