What's new

Rudy Gobert 5 years, $205M

I think a sticking point was probably being paid more than Donovan. In any case, I think that’s good for his recognition and keep going out and doing what he does even if he’s not touching the ball as much with the threes flying. I will declare that our window is currently now, and if we pickup RHJ, I’m going to say we’ve completed a roster that we can go farther this year than we ever have.

Well, that settles that. Ton of money, but it’s obvious that the core of the team is in place.

We’ve got five years to bring a banner.

Extreme over pay for a one dimensional player. Maybe he can use some of that money and learn how to shoot outside of 2 feet. Or even better, maybe he can finally learn how to catch a bounce pass!
We don’t need that. Let him space the floor by keeping people trying to disrupt the lob, opening up the perimeter. What we need is him to be the beast on defense that impacts every game on a consistent basis. That’s what takes us to the next level. We didn’t need AK to “work on his jumpshot,” we needed him to let more efficient guys score and him keep the energy and do the dirty work. I want Rudy getting high percentage lobs and putbacks.