What's new

Game Thread September 1, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 7

Added to Calendar: 09-01-20

Jerami Grant killing us is just to predictable. As soon as I saw that he was traded I was bummed out. I've liked him since that OKC series.

What if we had given last years pick for Grant, nixed the whole Conley thing, and put DM at PG? We have our future draft picks. Keep Allen and Crowder around for depth. And we have Grant who can be part of the Royce and Ingles wing rotation which is desperately needed right now.

Exactly the kind of player we need. Him being the x-factor to knock us out of the series is such a Jazz life thing.

Don't think he'd be a great fit with Utah, but I'd sure like to have him.

Some guys thrive in offense where everything is created for you and some guys thrive in an offense that lets you have a part in playmaking/decision making.

I think Grant is the former, and those guys sometimes struggle to fit in with Utah. Look at Jeff Green, the dude was *** in Utah but he gets to Houston and he's playing better than Grant has been in the playoffs.

bruh stfu. Jesus.

If he wants to retire sure, but no way should the Jazz ever suggest that BS to him.

It definitely sucks that Ingles isnt impacting the game with his shot, but he still does a lot for the Jazz in every facet of the game.

You’re right getting torched on D helps our team a lot too. He’s a net negative. Do you even watch the games? Dude is horrible. That contract is looking worse by the game.

Some guys thrive in offense where everything is created for you and some guys thrive in an offense that lets you have a part in playmaking/decision making.

I think Grant is the former, and those guys sometimes struggle to fit in with Utah. Look at Jeff Green, the dude was *** in Utah but he gets to Houston and he's playing better than Grant has been in the playoffs.
That's fair. I was going to compare him to Royce, but Royce is a better open spot up shooter. Even though I like Grants evolution and trajectory in that area.

Mostly I just want his defense, size, and athleticism, and I don't want him playing for the other side.

That's fair. I was going to compare him to Royce, but Royce is a better open spot up shooter. Even though I like Grants evolution and trajectory in that area.

Mostly I just want his defense, size, and athleticism, and I don't want him playing for the other side.
The thing is though I dont think Grant is a very good on-ball defender. He's been getting smoked all series. He just offers good helpside defense with activity and length and has been hitting his open looks at a solid rate.

I mean, if you look at the stats Denver's defense has been markedly worse with him on the court all season and in the playoffs.

probably sometime tomorrow.

Probably somewhere in Orlando.

Can a team without an identity win a game 7? Jazz fans hope so.
I go back and forth about this game.

It's either "****, the Nuggets have figured the Jazz out and guys like Ingles and Royce are playing like crap and all their momentum is lost", or "they are pissed, they showed they still want to be there, and it's hard to beat a team three games in a row and the Jazz will go out and play well and win."

This hour I'm feeling like the second thought, but who knows tomorrow.

Gobert and DM were both mad enough to throw/kick/hit things after game 6. I am predicting they come out mad and aggressive and win this thing.

Gobert and DM were both mad enough to throw/kick/hit things after game 6. I am predicting they come out mad and aggressive and win this thing.
I wish I shared your optimism. They've gone from prohibitive favorites to underdogs in two games. What an epic meltdown! We've looked like keystone cops (google it) down the stretch in both games. No sense of urgency, more like a sense of panic and that was when we were playin on house money. So what happens now when the chips are down?

I want to see a study done on shooting in the bubble when this is all done. Jamal is good but this is insane. DM too.

I'm hopeful for tomorrow... I'm not fully ready for the season to be over, but I think I could get over it real quick. Been a tumultuous and strange season.

We must take the ball out of Murray's hand early enough. I am fine with others beating us. If the post game show is that Murray scored 45 on 9/12 shooting from deep, I am going to be upset. If the result is that Gobert handled Jokic and the jazz blitzed Murray and Grant / Porter got 40 then I am happy enough with the effort.

Speaking of effort... we need to bring it instead of the lax version of the team.

Finally, we are 1 - 2 with Conley against the Nuggets. I think we are plus +65 with him not on the team in this series. Put the ball in Mitchell's hands time and time again please.

bruh stfu. Jesus.

If he wants to retire sure, but no way should the Jazz ever suggest that BS to him.

It definitely sucks that Ingles isnt impacting the game with his shot, but he still does a lot for the Jazz in every facet of the game.
I know this goes against the grain for some, but I think that either he or Conley needs to be directing traffic more and particularly down the stretch because Mitch and particularly Clarkson are not getting the job done. Part of the problem with this game was too much iso, too many intercepted kick outs and we never really got Gobert going. Our two blowout wins we were feeding the big man like crazy and then nothing the last two games except some weak bounce passes in traffic. Denver has not proven to me that they can defend the oop to Gobert. Gobert needs to be fed to find the strength to play that trademark DPOY D!!!

I’m not worried. Think we win game seven. Though we don’t have Favors to save our asses so maybe I shouldn’t be so confident.

In defense, throw alot of reserve athletic players that can throw Jamal Murray nto fits. Get him out of rhythm. Hard fouls, so be it. Let these reserves foul out if needed. This is Game 7. Whoever plays more physical wins.

In offense, we need to drive and get fouled and lob as much to Gobert until the lead is 20 and everytime it goes under 20. No long shots until 20.

Lastly, gang rebound. It can't be just Gobert anymore. Box out hard and gang rebound.

I want to see a study done on shooting in the bubble when this is all done. Jamal is good but this is insane. DM too.

I'm hopeful for tomorrow... I'm not fully ready for the season to be over, but I think I could get over it real quick. Been a tumultuous and strange season.

I really want us to win but if it has to end, at least off season activities are quickly approaching and next season will be here faster as well.