What's new

Game Thread September 1, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 7

Added to Calendar: 09-01-20

NAOS

probably sometime tomorrow.

Probably somewhere in Orlando.

Can a team without an identity win a game 7? Jazz fans hope so.

Just get up as many 3's as possible with good ball movement.

The defense just isnt happening against Murray so the Jazz have to outscore Denver and pray that Murray misses a few more than he has been.

I sincerely hope this isn’t the plan.
Well obviously it will probably be more nuanced and detailed, but I think that should be the goal on offense. I think last game the Jazz's offense kind of took a step back in terms of shot quality, just from the eye test.

Jazz really need to get Ingles and/or Gobert going in the 1st quarter and protect a lead instead of letting Denver get out in front early.

Denver has figured out how to put their length in the gaps jusssst enough. And they’ve figured out how to get the ball out of Mitchell’s hands jussst enough. The other stuff, like rebounding, has been there for them all along—and they’ve finally gotten the memo about setting their tone on the boards.

They aren’t setting the world on fire on these three things, but it has opened up a significant margin in each place. And unless Quin makes some adjustments, it’ll probably all add up to enough of a difference again for Denver to win their third straight.

We will never defend Murray or any other high-volume guard when we have combos including Conley-Mitchell-Ingles, or, worse, Conley-Mitchell-Clarkson-Ingles.

Do or die. Lose and let the overhaul begin. Probably not gonna happen but I hope it does. Even if we win, this roster needs to be shook up if we want to compete for the title

Said this in the other game thread - I still don't understand the Jazz's roster construction strategy this past off-season.

Jazz dug their grave when they extended Ingles till the age of 35, bogey till the age of 34, and traded for a 32 yr old Conley. We had a 22 year old superstar and... we went and got older? It was asinine. What the **** were Lindsay and Snyder thinking?

Look at what Denver did. They aligned the roster age to Jokic and Murray. Look at all of these young teams. And here we are peddling out unathletic old players.

Well I predicted jazz in 7. It hasn't gone the way I thought but a win can make up for it. One thing I know for sure is we need to use Rudy's athleticism vs Jokic to get him easy baskets and get going. He was a total non-factor in game 6. That can't happen.

That seemed like the Nuggets last gasp. Down 3-1 has got to feel very close to finally leaving that damn bubble.

Losing last night was the nail in the coffin. Hope they die quickly and without much resistance.
Woof. How do you not win game five up 15 in the second half? They were halfway out of the damn bubble. Now I feel the opposite, I think Joe especially would love to get back to his family.

Just like that it all kind of fell into place and we suddenly look Incredible. Really want to know how much the Nuggets D and hot shooting is playing a role. But clearly there is more happening here than a hot streak. Our two best games of the year back to back.
Not really seeing an adjustment Denver can make. We’ll cool off shooting, but we still would’ve spanked them with average shooting the last two games.

Hope the guys stay motivated. We feel like such the better team and should roll. Yet we’re one game from being 2-2.

Yea, don't drink kool-aid folks. Games 2 & 3 were such a mirage. Credit to Denver I guess. But that sure as hell wasn't just the new default.

I think the key for this game is not to get down early. Guys like Ingles/Royce start to play super tense when we get down and it makes the offense turn into hero ball because the offense gets those guys good looks that they hesitate or pass up on, then the ball just gets kicked reset back to Mitchell/Clarkson to create against the shotclock.

Jerami Grant killing us is just to predictable. As soon as I saw that he was traded I was bummed out. I've liked him since that OKC series.

What if we had given last years pick for Grant, nixed the whole Conley thing, and put DM at PG? We have our future draft picks. Keep Allen and Crowder around for depth. And we have Grant who can be part of the Royce and Ingles wing rotation which is desperately needed right now.

Exactly the kind of player we need. Him being the x-factor to knock us out of the series is such a Jazz life thing.

Jerami Grant killing us is just to predictable. As soon as I saw that he was traded I was bummed out. I've liked him since that OKC series.

What if we had given last years pick for Grant, nixed the whole Conley thing, and put DM at PG? We have our future draft picks. Keep Allen and Crowder around for depth. And we have Grant who can be part of the Royce and Ingles wing rotation which is desperately needed right now.

Exactly the kind of player we need. Him being the x-factor to knock us out of the series is such a Jazz life thing.

I agree he is a straight stud

He's young, too. 26

Ingles needs to go regardless if we win or not. Maybe make it a mutual agreement and he retires or something. He’s a shell of his former self and is just terrible.
bruh stfu. Jesus.

If he wants to retire sure, but no way should the Jazz ever suggest that BS to him.

It definitely sucks that Ingles isnt impacting the game with his shot, but he still does a lot for the Jazz in every facet of the game.