What's new

Should The Jazz Target Kevin Porter Jr?

I just dont take much seriously from the Houston Rockets. Wood has a pattern of behavior across multiple teams and his reputation hasnt improved a lick.

KPJ at least seems to be trending in the right direction when it comes to maturity and is still young.
Possibly, but I still wouldn't drop/trade anyone to go get him.

Interesting idea. I don’t have enough information to feel strongly about him in any particular direction except that he seems quite talented and appears to be a player type we need.

If the Jazz are to become contenders then the best way at this point is probably just being the premier organization at identifying and rehabbing distressed talent. This idea fits well with that.

Interesting idea. I don’t have enough information to feel strongly about him in any particular direction except that he seems quite talented and appears to be a player type we need.

If the Jazz are to become contenders then the best way at this point is probably just being the premier organization at identifying and rehabbing distressed talent. This idea fits well with that.
"I know this guy has demonstrated time and time again that he's a headcase and a cancer, but I think WE can be the ones who cure him!"

Said no succesful franchise ever.

Houston Rockets counting stats are like G-League counting stats. You don't pay any attention to them. KPJ could have averaged 38ppg last season and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

"I know this guy has demonstrated time and time again that he's a headcase and a cancer, but I think WE can be the ones who cure him!"

Said no succesful franchise ever.
I don't know. People saw Andrew Wiggins as a losing player with all the wrong values, but Warriors turned him around pretty good. I think situation matters a lot, and it's not like we've seen KPJ mess it up in a lot of different scenarios.

I don't know. People saw Andrew Wiggins as a losing player with all the wrong values, but Warriors turned him around pretty good. I think situation matters a lot, and it's not like we've seen KPJ mess it up in a lot of different scenarios.

The Warriors are the former Pats of the NBA. As professionally run as we are, that’s not us.

I dont think people saw wiggins as a headcase and cancer.

No, probably not, but do they see KPJr as both of those? I'm not so sure. It's not like he's gone from team to team showing his immaturity.
Ya I know nothing about KPJr. Just saw another poster said he was a headcase and a cancer and then the comparison to wiggins was made so just wanted to point out that IF KPJr is in fact a headcase and a cancer then the wiggins comparison wouldn't be valid imo.

Ya I know nothing about KPJr. Just saw another poster said he was a headcase and a cancer and then the comparison to wiggins was made so just wanted to point out that IF KPJr is in fact a headcase and a cancer then the wiggins comparison wouldn't be valid imo.
KPJ missed a big chunk of his only season at USC due to a suspension for conduct detrimental to the team which caused him to fall to the end of the first round in the draft.

He got arrested while playing for Cleveland due to a gun charge. He had some kind of tantrum and threw soup (at the coaches?) in the Cavs lockerroom which led to him being traded to Houston.

He's put up some good numbers while playing for Houston but they still seem ready to potentially move on with Amen who will eventually take his starting spot. He was also suspended by the Rockets for a behavior issue. I don't know if I would call him a headcase but he certainly seems to have a history of bad behavior. He doesn't check the boxes as far as being a high character lockerroom guy.

KPJ missed a big chunk of his only season at USC due to a suspension for conduct detrimental to the team which caused him to fall to the end of the first round in the draft.

He got arrested while playing for Cleveland due to a gun charge. He had some kind of tantrum and threw soup (at the coaches?) in the Cavs lockerroom which led to him being traded to Houston.

He's put up some good numbers while playing for Houston but they still seem ready to potentially move on with Amen who will eventually take his starting spot. He was also suspended by the Rockets for a behavior issue. I don't know if I would call him a headcase but he certainly seems to have a history of bad behavior. He doesn't check the boxes as far as being a high character lockerroom guy.
JR smith also threw that soup to his coach.

I blame the soup!

Ya this doesn't sound like andrew wiggins behavior to me. I could be wrong though.