What's new

So this is why Spence hasn't been on the radio...

Yeah, in other states people love it when you nearly double the speed limit while wasted. Hard to imagine why people around here have a problem with things like that.

I didn't say anything close to that. I said that in Utah alcohol use at all is generally equated to a person's value. So anyone that would ever do anything due to alcohol is viewed as a "Scumbag" more often than not.

I didn't say anything close to that. I said that in Utah alcohol use at all is generally equated to a person's value. So anyone that would ever do anything due to alcohol is viewed as a "Scumbag" more often than not.
Oh. Sorry that I musunderstoood. Yeah, unfortunately there is an element of society that sees things that way. Scumbags.

How don't interlocks exist? My cousin with something like 12 DUI's and several visits to the Gunnison Prison had one on his ignition.

I simply meant that they don’t exist nationwide as some sort of federal mandate or they aren’t the norm. At least I don’t think. Maybe I’m wrong.

I simply meant that they don’t exist nationwide as some sort of federal mandate or they aren’t the norm. At least I don’t think. Maybe I’m wrong.
According to once website I found, an interlock is mandated in Utah after the second DUI. Don't know for how long though (one year, five years, lifetime?).

A friend's, I grew up with, little brother died close to Saltair two nights ago from driving while intoxicated. He came over to talk today and was a mess. Drinking and driving has no good outcomes and is selfishly dangerous. He couldn't get over the fact that his brother's crash was about 1 to 2 1/5 hours before he was found and if his brother suffered after being ejected or died instantly.

****ing terrible.

I was curious about where he disappeared too. Sad to see this, I really enjoyed listening to him on my drive home every day. The banter between him and Gordon had me crying from laughter sometimes. Hope he can find a way to control his situation. Would love to hear him back on air someday.

According to once website I found, an interlock is mandated in Utah after the second DUI. Don't know for how long though (one year, five years, lifetime?).
I worked with a guy who had 2 DUIs, one was from prescription pain meds. He had a suspended license and therefore didn't have an ignition device because he wasn't supposed to be driving. Once he got his license back he had to install the devices on his car and his wife's car.

I'll just say, I don't think suspending people's license really works, other than to add additional punishments when they get caught driving. I'd much rather they keep their license and get the ignition interlock.

I worked with a guy who had 2 DUIs, one was from prescription pain meds. He had a suspended license and therefore didn't have an ignition device because he wasn't supposed to be driving. Once he got his license back he had to install the devices on his car and his wife's car.

I'll just say, I don't think suspending people's license really works, other than to add additional punishments when they get caught driving. I'd much rather they keep their license and get the ignition interlock.
I'm going to reiterate this point. Ignition interlock devices work WAY better than a suspended license.

ALSO PSA: Utah's DUI limit is now 0.05% BAC

ok i am going to put my 2 cents worth

1st - drinking can be a serious issue. It is addiction like many others. I have my own can't fault a guy for that.
2nd - he became a scumbag when he decided to drive. not just one but 5 times. He has the right to drink but to drink and drive could potentially take others rights away and that is inexcusable.
3rd - not only was he driving drunk but reckless driving going 120 mph. Not only was he impaired he was in a potential death machine. This was not a guy caught driving drunk because he was hugging the middle line driving slowly but an impaired driver driving recklessly.
4th - and the most tragic. My wife was essentially killed by a distracted driver. an 18 year old girl decided to not only drive at excessive speeds but do it while texting. I will never get my wife back and now I have to live with someones stupid choice.
5th - and this is my personal opinion he needs serious help after the first time but five times he can just burn in hell and I hope he is never able to drive again. my kids drive on these roads and I worry every day that some dumb *** like him is going to take their lives.

1st - drinking can be a serious issue. It is addiction like many others. I have my own can't fault a guy for that.
2nd - he became a scumbag when he decided to drive. not just one but 5 times. He has the right to drink but to drink and drive could potentially take others rights away and that is inexcusable.
3rd - not only was he driving drunk but reckless driving going 120 mph. Not only was he impaired he was in a potential death machine. This was not a guy caught driving drunk because he was hugging the middle line driving slowly but an impaired driver driving recklessly.
4th - and the most tragic. My wife was essentially killed by a distracted driver. an 18 year old girl decided to not only drive at excessive speeds but do it while texting. I will never get my wife back and now I have to live with someones stupid choice.
5th - and this is my personal opinion he needs serious help after the first time but five times he can just burn in hell and I hope he is never able to drive again. my kids drive on these roads and I worry every day that some dumb *** like him is going to take their lives.

Wow. That is horrible. I can't imagine how hard that would be to live with. How have your kids handled it?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Sorry about your wife, that's horrible. :(. Good luck with your kids and keeping on keeping on.

brutal. im sorry for your loss. so i guess the 18 year old survived? she kills a mother, and gets to live. did she get any prison time?

brutal. im sorry for your loss. so i guess the 18 year old survived? she kills a mother, and gets to live. did she get any prison time?

nope because my ife lived for 9 months before her insjuries took her life, but she lived in hell. Breathing tubes, feeding tubes, pooping in a bag. stuff like that