What's new

Spencer Hawes

Who would be a mobile stretch four that we could get? And who plays C when neither Gobert nor Favors are on the floor? I'm not certain we need to worry about rim protection -- we've got two of those -- as much as we need to worry about diversifying our offensive options in the front court. I'd imagine Hawes would be a rather realistic and positive option to fill our gaping hole off the bench.
Favors plays center when Gobert sits and Booker comes in at PF. Trevor actually showed some 3pt range last season.

I don't hate the idea of spencer hawes. If we can't get frank or something else I like better. He's had a rough year and I'm surprised he hasn't played better. Decent passer can score in the post and stretch the floor. He's David Lee like on defense though. At least he'd add some variety to our current bigs.

He has to cut that pony tail before I'll consider it though.

You're right. I was wrong. It would have been more correct to say that his career path has led him to the type playing style/results that's easy to imagine as one of the possible outcomes for Kaminsky's career.

Frank is much quicker laterally and on drives than spencer. I do get the comparison though both are bigs that can shoot and pass. Also both are white and goofy looking.

I will say anytime you can deal with doc the GM you are likely to win that deal. Maybe they'll throw in a first rounder like they did with Dudley when they gave him away.

Staunch conservative Spencer Hawes has been getting some DNPs in the playoffs and is obviously not working in Doc's system. I'm sure the Clips would love to trade his remaining 3 years and $15m+. He is a career 35% 3pt shooter and had a miracle run in Cleveland shooting 45%. As a stretch 4/5 and at 7'1", he could be a solid back-up for Gobert and Favors, and Coach Q might be able to integrate him into the offense better. The Jazz should have the financial space to trade for him, especially if they could net some cash and a pick in the process. Or, since Clips have no picks this year, maybe Utah trades the #54 for Hawes?

Living in Las Vegas we get all of the California NBA teams televised here. With that being said I watched about 80% of the LA Clippers games. Besides that I follow the NBA (meaning every team) closely year round. There is a reason that he is not working out in LA, and it has nothing to do with LA. He had great expectations going into the NBA and never was able to meet any of them. His game doesn't and has never translated well into the NBA. He has played for 5 different teams (6 if you include PHI who he has played for twice) during his NBA career. Mainly because every team that acquires him is hoping that they can tap into a non existent pool of talent that he briefly showed during a 4 month long combined glory day stretch that people have seen speckled throughout his career. We would be team #6 chasing a unicorn that we will never find because unicorns are not real. NO!! We will not become the Utah Jazz experiment.

Living in Las Vegas we get all of the California NBA teams televised here. With that being said I watched about 80% of the LA Clippers games. Besides that I follow the NBA (meaning every team) closely year round. There is a reason that he is not working out in LA, and it has nothing to do with LA. He had great expectations going into the NBA and never was able to meet any of them. His game doesn't and has never translated well into the NBA. He has played for 5 different teams (6 if you include PHI who he has played for twice) during his NBA career. Mainly because every team that acquires him is hoping that they can tap into a non existent pool of talent that he briefly showed during a 4 month long combined glory day stretch that people have seen speckled throughout his career. We would be team #6 chasing a unicorn that we will never find because unicorns are not real. NO!! We will not become the Utah Jazz experiment.

We shouldn't be comparing him to someone we're looking to be a reliable cog in a starting 5 -- we're looking for a backup to two guys who will be getting 30+ minutes which, in my book, is a world of difference.

But if we can go out and land that Mark Eaton / Mehmet Okur love child then let's definitely snag him up (Mark Eaton Mehmet Okur = MEMO?)

We shouldn't be comparing him to someone we're looking to be a reliable cog in a starting 5 -- we're looking for a backup to two guys who will be getting 30+ minutes which, in my book, is a world of difference.

But if we can go out and land that Mark Eaton / Mehmet Okur love child then let's definitely snag him up (Mark Eaton Mehmet Okur = MEMO?)

Clippers didn't get him to be a starting player, they got him for the same reasons we would be getting him, and it hasn't worked out.

Clippers didn't get him to be a starting player, they got him for the same reasons we would be getting him, and it hasn't worked out.
If the goal this year was for the clippers to go deep into the playoffs and be a contender with a shot at a championship, then it seems to working out pretty well

Has Hawes has played a meaningful role in that?
I saw him hit a three the other night. He plays on a very good team as the 4th big in a league that plays small ball more than ever.
What did anyone expect from him?
What did the clippers give up to aquire him? Wasn't it just a second round pick?
His playoff numbers really are not bad other than low minutes (he is the 4th big after all)
In 31 minutes he has 3 blocks, zero turnovers, is shooting 66% from three (2-3), 100% from the line (2-2), and has 4 assists.

As a 4th big you could do worse. How much would Francisco Elson or Fesenko be contributing on this team?

Staunch conservative Spencer Hawes has been getting some DNPs in the playoffs and is obviously not working in Doc's system. I'm sure the Clips would love to trade his remaining 3 years and $15m+. He is a career 35% 3pt shooter and had a miracle run in Cleveland shooting 45%. As a stretch 4/5 and at 7'1", he could be a solid back-up for Gobert and Favors, and Coach Q might be able to integrate him into the offense better. The Jazz should have the financial space to trade for him, especially if they could net some cash and a pick in the process. Or, since Clips have no picks this year, maybe Utah trades the #54 for Hawes?

Are you kidding! Spencer has sucked ***!!! He does not work out like a real man he is soft and weak. Trust me on this my friend. You know who does work out like a real man? Hoffa Araujo. Now there is a real BYU player if you want to sign a BYU player no matter what go get this guy. He is still playing and in Karl Malone shape. I bet he can fight in MMA he is that ripped my friends.

I saw him hit a three the other night. He plays on a very good team as the 4th big in a league that plays small ball more than ever.
What did anyone expect from him?
What did the clippers give up to aquire him? Wasn't it just a second round pick?
His playoff numbers really are not bad other than low minutes (he is the 4th big after all)
In 31 minutes he has 3 blocks, zero turnovers, is shooting 66% from three (2-3), 100% from the line (2-2), and has 4 assists.

As a 4th big you could do worse. How much would Francisco Elson or Fesenko be contributing on this team?

He shot 33% from the field post-All Star break.... You can't do much worse.

What kind of argument is making Fesenko and Elson (who aren't even in the league anymore) the alternative?

What kind of argument is making Fesenko and Elson (who aren't even in the league anymore) the alternative?

I was arguing that you could do worse for a 4th big