What's new

Strange post-game statements from Sloan and KOC

tribjazz Blog: Discussion between Jazz's Sloan, O'Connor explained as heat-of-the-moment occurrence https://bit.ly/fByd8O
about 6 hours ago

Then the link:

A lengthy postgame discussion Wednesday night involving Jazz coach Jerry Sloan and general manager Kevin O'Connor, among others, was described by people with knowledge about the event as being a heat-of-the-moment occurrence that can happen during the course of a long NBA season.

I'm now thinking it's nothing and practice was cancelled due to injuries.

I hope something is being done. The team has been downright terrible for way too long, and it's only because
they aren't putting out the effort.

I am amazed that it has gone on this long and nothing is being said by the local media. There has to be a reason
for all of this crappy play.

Everyong knows it. I could hear it in the crowd tonight. The fans are extremely frustrated. They want to like this team,
but they can't like a team that is this pathetic.

It is called a lack of talent. The bench is pathetic. The Jazz need to make a significant trade. On the other side, I hope the announcement has nothing to do with sickness.

The Jazz are already in trouble with DW wrist and the fact they have the worse bench in the league for scoring. Add in all the injuries and why is everyone surprised things aren't so good in SLC.

Could it be that after the captain and leader of the team lets the coach know that Fess needs more playing time and then he gets less than 7 and 1/2 minutes became a problem? Maybe Fess finally had enough and he went off, or Deron said something to Sloan.

How can KOC blame sloan for his the Front Office dumbness? The starters are not truly the problem, but what do you expect when Ronnie Price is your back up SHOOTING GUARD and C.J. Miles is your only hope. The bench can get hot, but they have lost 2 big games for us, and they'll lose some more. They will get spanked in the playoffs. It amuses me that we finally get Al Jefferson scoring at will, Raja Bell contributing, and Millsap doing his thing. And then the bench puts up 2 points a game.

Seriously? You couldn't give Korver 3 million?

Could it be that after the captain and leader of the team lets the coach know that Fess needs more playing time and then he gets less than 7 and 1/2 minutes became a problem? Maybe Fess finally had enough and he went off, or Deron said something to Sloan.

Yeah, KOC was yelling at Sloan for not playing Fes after the bulls game.

The guy I would trade is CJ. The guy looked totally disinterested last night. Recently, I have been happy with AK's effort. He was all over the floor last night. Granted he isn't a great shooter but his defense and rebounding was like the good old days. However, I would trade AK just because of his contract. I am sure this will die down. I think practice was canceled because too many guys are hurt.

I think I know why Sloan was so shaken and upset: Jarron Collins turned down their contract offer. All hope for the playoffs is gone!

This looks like a player disciplinary (suspension) action to me. I don't think KOC could fire Sloan and I don't think Sloan would have a heated meeting with KOC to tell him that he's retiring. No, this is "I told that sonofabitch to run this play and instead he broke it off, again. Either him or me!"

SLTRIB mentioned one of the strange things as AK emerging from the coaches room after the game? Could it be something related to him?

If it is something major, it's KOC stepping down. If they fired sloan midseason I would be so pissed. I think KOC is just upset they lost at home again and took it out on Sloan. I would bet no changes will be made.

with the jazz, they always need a mini-crisis to make a trade or make something happen. And even then there is no guarantee that they would make a move. They might just let it tide over.

No okur, and an inconsistent ak/bell/miles are the problems plaguing this team the most. Deron's recent injury is the bonus addition.

qft

KOC : Hey Jerry, I promised Greg that we are making it to second round. WTH is goin on?

JS: Just trying to compete

KOC: How could you let the players I gave up come back and win this one?

JS: I am always interested to see how we rebound after a loss

KOC: **** you. why arent we rebounding DURING the game?

JS: We arent competing hard enough.

KOC: why the hell not?

JS: You ask them, they are paid to play basketball

KOC: **** you Jerry, **** you

JS: Just hang in there. And compete.

I'd rep you thrice for this if I could.

So I think we bring Carmelo off the bench so that our second unit has a good scoring punch. Also, he'd be a contender for 6th man.

The guy I would trade is CJ. The guy looked totally disinterested last night. Recently, I have been happy with AK's effort. He was all over the floor last night. Granted he isn't a great shooter but his defense and rebounding was like the good old days. However, I would trade AK just because of his contract. I am sure this will die down. I think practice was canceled because too many guys are hurt.

ak tends to try too hard to create something off of the dribble, and inevitably resultis in a stripped ball or ayiee-scream-flail-arm-no-call turnover. otherwise he'll take 23 foot 2 point shots because the sound the ball makes when bricking off the rim reminds him of his collapsing homeland.

but i agree that cj is a bulk of the problem. our team is very dependant on a 6th man to offer 15 ppg from the bench. if someone (usually cj) scores 15 off the bench we win 90% of the time. cj is far too inconsistent to be in this vital role, but the scary thing is he is our best chance at achieving it with the cast of d leaguers in our roster.

a key argument for a trade, if i ever saw one.

Just curious Nate how is the Melo situation going down in Denver? What is the general feeling from Nugs fans?
Aren't they furuious with him?

Yes, but Denver fans are fickle. We moved from Jake Plummer, to Cutler, to Orton, to Tebow. Denver fans loved every one of them while they were here and hated them when they left. So basically they are like Jazzfanz.

I'm with YB and others who are predicting some kind of disciplinary action. The anxiety-ridden side of me fears that the epicenter of this problem is Deron, and that today will officially mark the beginning of the "trade-me days" of DWill in Utah.

Less bad would be a fight between KOC and Sloan due to news that the Jazz were about to execute a salary-cutting trade that Sloan knows will leave us even less competitive. This might also explain AK's exiting out of the coaches' locker room.

A trade of some kind does provide some explanation for the cancellation of practice.

Perhaps any kind of "shake up" is better than nothing. Those who watch the games can see that without some kind of change this team will go .500 or thereabouts for the remainder of the season.