What's new

Strange post-game statements from Sloan and KOC

So, they decide to blow up on a night where the Jazz play competitively against one of the best teams in the league.

Seriously, now?

Did the Jazz look like they played "competitively" to you the last 3 mins of the game?

And why not "now"? On a night, when the players KOC gave up came back to win one on your home court? Makes sense for a GM to get ticked off, right?

Or do you want them to do nothing about it for another 2 months?

Did the Jazz look like they played "competitively" to you the last 3 mins of the game?

And why not "now"? On a night, when the players KOC gave up came back to win one on your home court? Makes sense for a Coach to get ticked off, right?

Or do you want them to do nothing about it for another 2 months?

Fixed.

So, they decide to blow up on a night where the Jazz play competitively against one of the best teams in the league.

Seriously, now?

3rd straight home loss for the first time in about 3+ years.

Bulls are only a .500 team on the road now, regardless.

I hope something is being done. The team has been downright terrible for way too long, and it's only because
they aren't putting out the effort.

I am amazed that it has gone on this long and nothing is being said by the local media. There has to be a reason
for all of this crappy play.

Everyong knows it. I could hear it in the crowd tonight. The fans are extremely frustrated. They want to like this team,
but they can't like a team that is this pathetic.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so frustrated with this team!!!!!!!!!!!

KOC : Hey Jerry, I promised Greg that we are making it to second round. WTH is goin on?

JS: Just trying to compete

KOC: How could you let the players I gave up come back and win this one?

JS: I am always interested to see how we rebound after a loss

KOC: **** you. why arent we rebounding DURING the game?

JS: We arent competing hard enough.

KOC: why the hell not?

JS: You ask them, they are paid to play basketball

KOC: **** you Jerry, **** you

JS: Just hang in there. And compete.

Did anyone else catch that practice is canceled tomorrow? You don't cancel a practice after having an argument over playing time, or even because of a trade going down. It has to be something to do with Sloan.

Yes, please state the improvement.

Larry Brown?

MJ thought so....Must be gooder than JOC.

Larry Brown is overrated. He always has great first seasons with his teams but either his teams suck after 1st year or he gets fired because players cannot handle the level of discipline and ill-natured attitude he offers.

I love coach Sloan and belive that the recent struggles of the Jazz have very little to do with coaching staff. I have watched the Jazz long enough to figure out that this team just do not execute the classic, detailed offense of Sloan. The team has gotten worse and worse on defensive end and has not shown significant improvements on offense. Lineup changes etc. will not work, it's on players, IMO.

If it's given that the Jazz will part ways with Sloan, my candidate would be JVG or Phil Johnson. The system that the Jazz have run proved to be efficient and effective. Have the Jazz won an NBA championship? No, so the system can be questioned. However, if KOC and the management believes that players of the current roster can be effcective, can fit well in this system, I hope they will decide to stick with it and try to improve it.

KOC : Hey Jerry, I promised Greg that we are making it to second round. WTH is goin on?

****ing golden.

I'm calling it now: KOC and Sloan are coming out of the closet and they're going to announce it tomorrow.

Did anyone else catch that practice is canceled tomorrow? You don't cancel a practice after having an argument over playing time, or even because of a trade going down. It has to be something to do with Sloan.

Unless it was just going to be an informal practice anyway. I mean if there was an incident you might wanna cool down before hoping right back in it.

180 people online two hours after the game. Most aren't here to discuss the last Fes foul. Might as well keep the topic somewhat contained in a single place. ;)

This is exactly why I'm a poser.

Sorry dude. (taking notes:confused:)

Great.... Just great.

Jazz coach Jerry Sloan was clearly not himself.

Normally one of the fastest coaches in the NBA to speak to the media after a win or loss, Sloan spent more than 30 minutes in Utah’s locker room Wednesday following Utah’s tough 91-86 loss to the Chicago Bulls at EnergySolutions Arena.

Once Sloan finally showed up, he appeared shaken and out of sorts.

Asked about his time spent behind close doors, Sloan was as polite as ever.

He was also honest.

Sloan said that a conversation took place between his coaching staff and general manager Kevin O’Connor. But that was all that Sloan would reveal, and he took just two questions about the issue before stating that he would then only discuss game-related matters.

“We just had some things we had to discuss, and we’ll talk to you later on about that,” Sloan said.

An interview request for O’Connor was denied, while a Jazz practice originally scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday was immediately canceled.
Story continues below

Meanwhile, Sloan and his players were left to dissect a grind-it-out loss to the Bulls (35-16), who pulled out the victory despite shooting just 39.8 percent from the floor, 33.3 percent behind the 3-point line and being outrebounded 48-41.

“It was a tough loss,” said Jazz guard Deron Williams, who was held to 11 points and committed five turnovers but dished out a game-high 12 assists. “Put it on me. Because at the end of the game, I had the ball in my hands. I’ve gotta make the plays to win the game. Two [late] turnovers — not characteristic for me. Put it on me.”

Al Jefferson topped Utah (31-23) with 26 points, while Paul Millsap added 20 points and a game-high 14 rebounds.

Derrick Rose scored a game-high 29 points for the Bulls.

Current Chicago and ex-Jazz forward Carlos Boozer received major pregame hype. But Boozer was less than impressive and almost inconsequential during his return to Salt Lake City, scoring 14 points on just 6-of-16 shooting and often allowing the ball to either slip or be poked out of his hands.

Boozer acknowledged that he “got a little bit of everything” during his first appearance at ESA since leaving Utah last summer via free agency.

While Boozer drew the most attention, former Utah guards Kyle Korver (five points) and Ronnie Brewer (six) did the most damage.

Korver drained a 24-foot 3-pointer from the right wing with 2 minutes, 16 seconds to go, giving Chicago an 87-83 lead. And Brewer hit two late free throws to finish off his former team.
https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/51224136-87/jazz-sloan-utah-bulls.html.csp

So you're saying Sloan is a robot? Makes sense to me.