What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

I don’t tip at those types of joints. It’s not like they’re servers and making $2/hr.
That being said, I use a Square reader to take cc payments. There’s an option to allow tips. I have that enabled, but it’s not a separate screen. It’s just part of the signature screen. Only once ever have I received a tip on it.

someone actually tipped their electrician?

that's a new one on me

I'd likely see my stuff bent/broken, and feel it digging into my thigh.

ok this is bad...

I read this as "I'd LIKE to see my stuff bent/broken, and feel it digging into my thigh."

and I thought, boy, that doesn't sound like One Brow at all!!!

LOL :)

Claiming that mathematicians are baffled by differing conventions in the order of operations.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/01/viral-math-problem-baffles-mathematicians-physicists/
Yeah, I had some physics students ask me about that yesterday. I gave basically the same answer as the AMA guy quoted in that article: "It's ambiguous. No physicist [or mathematician] would ever write an equation like that." You will never see a college physics or math textbook, nor any peer-reviewed articles, that use the ÷ sign. But the ambiguity isn't in the simplistic junior high school order-of-operations--that's easy enough to follow and give one answer. The ambiguity is in what the person writing the expression would have meant by the ÷ sign, which you would really have to judge from context.

OK, I'm thinking of making the conversion. Any recommendations for money clips? Or are they all pretty much the same?
I would like a Utah Jazz one to replace my Utah Jazz wallet if I'm gonna get one

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

OK, I'm thinking of making the conversion. Any recommendations for money clips? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Not really. Whatever your style is. Usually they’re in black or brown. You can probably get one to do the job for around $20-25 at a department store in some mall out there. Maybe they’re more now.

upload_2019-8-2_14-29-48.png

Here’s one at Macy’s. This one looks like it has three or four sleeves. In each sleeve, you can usually hold about 4-5 cards. Plus obviously cash in the clip part. My experience with the clips are that once you get past 5-6 bills, the thing won’t latch closed all that well so if you carry a lot of bills usually, maybe test it out first.