What's new

The annual “how are you watching the games this year” thread

I detest these archaic blackout rules so much. They don't really affect me for the Jazz, but I just hate them on principle. There's no reason in this day and age that someone shouldn't be able to shell out a reasonable price to see any game they want streaming anywhere they are, other than some ******* with an ungodly amount of money not having enough to install ivory inlays in their pool.

The real money is coming in next TV and will fix this problem. Until then, blackouts are insanity.

Called Dish and complained. They gave me $30, free Starz and Showtime for a bit, and said sorry.

I’ll let this linger for a bit but I think Dish is holding the line and it won’t be fixed by the reg season. I think Bay Area folks lost their sports network months ago and never got it back.

I’ll be breaking my contract and dealing with the termination fee. Then never sign another contract again. Just hoping the backlash to this actually gets the channels on a streaming service like YTTV as a “kiss my ***” move from ATTRM to Dish. DIRECTV doesn’t have PAC-12 so not going there. We also have fiber so no interest in Comcast.

If vpn wasn’t painful… just charge me $100 a season for team pass and give me the local channel with ads. Win/win.

I see that Fubo TV has both AT&T sports and the PAC 12 channel, along with most other popular cable channels. At $65/ a month, that’s not a bad option.

I live out of state and was a Hehe user. Seems like my best option may be getting a VPN and then get International League Pass, as others in this thread have mentioned. If anyone finds a better alternative, please let me know. We still have a couple of weeks to pull the trigger. Thanks in advance!

There is the old VPN/kodi setup. I have been using it for NFL and so far no issues. Not HD picture but not terrible.

So I went through the broadcast schedule and it looks like with the DirecTV stream you should get every game between all the ATTSNRM games and the handful that are only on TNT. Except a couple preseason games which don’t appear to be televised anywhere.

I’ll probably go ahead on this today. It will be nice to have it (easily) on my TV and phone and no commitment. Hopefully there are better options in the future, but I hate the nonsense I have to go through for league pass.

I did the out of state league pass single team, but did the monthly option in case i hate it.. I did VPN league pass a few years ago and it was a PITA. we'll see how it goes, but the price isn't all that dissimilar to hehe (though hehe had all teams).

Anyone know the Jazz blackout map area? I recently moved just outside Jackson Hole but have to assume I’m well in the blackout area.

I couldn’t tell you how to use a VPN on my router/TV and don’t want to be back to watching games on my phone or laptop.

How is this a ****ing thing in 2021……Christ!

I signed up for DIRECTV stream in Montana on the choice package which is supposed to include ATT SportsNet Rocky Mountain. However the channel isn’t showing up on my guide. Has anyone had this issue and solved it?

I signed up for DIRECTV stream in Montana on the choice package which is supposed to include ATT SportsNet Rocky Mountain. However the channel isn’t showing up on my guide. Has anyone had this issue and solved it?
Oh good. This sounds promising.

I haven't had DTV for almost 2yrs now so my memory is a bit fuzzy but I seem to remember the channel being 683-1 . Like normally had some Colorado BS on but come game time it would have the Jazz pregame and game showing.

Well, this sucks. I have had Dish for years and now I have to junk it out. I shouldn't be under contract, but it's just a hassle and I know they will nickle and dime me on the way out.

Anyone know the Jazz blackout map area? I recently moved just outside Jackson Hole but have to assume I’m well in the blackout area.

I couldn’t tell you how to use a VPN on my router/TV and don’t want to be back to watching games on my phone or laptop.

How is this a ****ing thing in 2021……Christ!

I’m in the Boise, Idaho area and I get blacked out. I’d almost bet you probably would be too in the Jackson hole area.
But I’d check your local cable/satellite, If they don’t offer any channels (Att sports Rocky Mountain) that the Jazz games may be on you may be safe. That’s my problem here. My local cable/satellite carry the Jazz games.

I detest these archaic blackout rules so much. They don't really affect me for the Jazz, but I just hate them on principle. There's no reason in this day and age that someone shouldn't be able to shell out a reasonable price to see any game they want streaming anywhere they are, other than some ******* with an ungodly amount of money not having enough to install ivory inlays in their pool.
They need to charge more so the star players, and owners of course, can make more than the GDP of most small countries every year.

I'll be using Amazon prime again if they offer LP and NBATV. It was fairly reasonable in price and got me 95% of the games. Just had to go elsewhere for nationally televised games and black out games when the jazz were in the LA area.

For those on Dish... don't expect resolution anytime soon... if ever. Dish is waging a war against the RSN model and until channels like ATT Sportsnet want to be a "premium" service where you pay for just that channel, Dish likely isn't going to let them back on. Many other RSNs had their contract expire and Dish still hasn't renewed them.

My contract penalty is $10/month for each month remaining. Looking likely that I'll be paying that penalty just wish it wasn't to go to Comcast or DIRECTV. C'mon ATT - get on YouTube TV.

I did VPN league pass a few years ago and it was a PITA. we'll see how it goes, but the price isn't all that dissimilar to hehe (though hehe had all teams).

Does the VPN and LP option still work? It wasn't working for me last season so I went with HeHe instead.

I signed up for the DirecTV stream today. I’ll let you know how it goes.