What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Welcome to RECESSION 2022
brought to you by the democrat controlled House, democrat controlled Senate, and democrat President.

A year ago, with COVID and with supply chain issues, the economy was growing at a pace of 6.7%. Now a year later our economy is contracting and inflation is over 9%. Even the low unemployment rate is fake as there are 3 million fewer workers employed now than before the pandemic. Bravo democrats.
The economy was going to grow out of Covid since GDP fell 3.5% in 2020, that was expected. Not sure what the 6.7% was as GDP was up 5.7% as we rebounded out of the dark ages, probably just a typo.

But inflation is a real issue and it sucks - and it will always hurt the ruling parties at midterms regardless of it being or not being anyone's fault.

You're also not as optimistic as most economists are.
Are those the same economists who said inflation was transitory and the Fed would bring us in to a soft landing? You listen to the wrong economists. Democrats have done massive damage to the fundamental underpinnings of the economy.

ed5dc795-8d16-4dac-9af1-6991c1d960f5_text.gif

I am not as optimistic as you are.
Apparently not as optimistic as the stock market either. .75 interest rate hike, and Q2 negative growth announced and it's surging.

Higher interest rates and inflation will not hurt corporations one bit, in fact they'll make more money. They'll continue to pass costs off to their customers, not pay their employees a fair wage, and continue to profit. Inflation will continue because corporations choose to value profits over you.

The saddest part is Inflation and gas prices are all conservatives have to campaign on, other than ridiculous culture wars. They're being led around by the nose by corporate interests who are actively taking money out of their pockets and paying their shareholders. Many conservatives are benefitting from this, and pretending they care about the working class. They have to actively root for the country to go into recession to win the midterms. They're using human suffering at the hands of corporations to strangle poor people into voting R.

I think Jesus will have a few words for you.

The saddest part is Inflation and gas prices are all conservatives have to campaign on
That and how 'defund the police' has spiked crime rates
... and how school lock outs have hurt the next generation with the most vulnerable children being the hardest hit
... and how drag bars are having kids days to sexualize children
... and how Biden is barely functional when his meds wear off
... and the problems at the border
... and the corruption at the FBI with evidence coming to light of how they spiked the Hunter Biden investigation
... and how the economy is now in recession
... and a bunch more but you are right in that it will be primarily about inflation and gas prices, things that clearly the Democrats are responsible for and are directly hurting the most people.

Apparently not as optimistic as the stock market either. .75 interest rate hike, and Q2 negative growth announced and it's surging.

Higher interest rates and inflation will not hurt corporations one bit, in fact they'll make more money. They'll continue to pass costs off to their customers, not pay their employees a fair wage, and continue to profit. Inflation will continue because corporations choose to value profits over you.

The saddest part is Inflation and gas prices are all conservatives have to campaign on, other than ridiculous culture wars. They're being led around by the nose by corporate interests who are actively taking money out of their pockets and paying their shareholders. Many conservatives are benefitting from this, and pretending they care about the working class. They have to actively root for the country to go into recession to win the midterms. They're using human suffering at the hands of corporations to strangle poor people into voting R.

They’ll bitch about CRT, SEL, transgender athletes a reading in drag, and manufacture something about Hunter’s laptop. Seriously, when was the last time you have personally engaged with a Republican in a discussion and had a rational and thoughtful conversation without it devolving into emotional outbursts of whataboutism and conspiracy theories from the Internet?

Republicans are so reactionary that they’re devoid of ideology, ideas, and policy. I truly hope soon that we’ll see the Never Trumpers peel off moderate Dems into forming a moderate Conservative party so we can have a proper right/left balance in our country. Let the reactionaries scream into the void on FB, Brietbart, and whatever Trump’s social media company is.

I mean yeah. I'm not saying I expect the Republican party to eject Trumpism, but if they do and put a decent candidate out there who clearly rejects Trumpism they could very possible get my vote.

I would be more inclined to help support the Republican party to reject Trumpism than to support Joe Milquetoast Biden.
I’m quoting you here but this isn’t necessarily directed at you. For those hoping that the GOP swings against Trump. Watch how these Fox folks try and apologize to Trump on tv for this CNN poll

View: https://twitter.com/lispower1/status/1552654957240655877?s=21&t=EYOwQdUhgU4XUOreqwjXQA

Welcome to RECESSION 2022
brought to you by the democrat controlled House, democrat controlled Senate, and democrat President.

A year ago, with COVID and with supply chain issues, the economy was growing at a pace of 6.7%. Now a year later our economy is contracting and inflation is over 9%. Even the low unemployment rate is fake as there are 3 million fewer workers employed now than before the pandemic. Bravo democrats.

Im doing fine. Literally 2 days ago i just placed an order for a 2022 toyota 4runner. Should be here in about 5 weeks. Gonna put about 40-45,000 dollars down. I dont even make close to 100,000 per year and wife doesnt work btw.

A big problem for people finacially right now is high rent and high mortgage payments. I bought my house back before trump was elected. Since he was elected prices have went sky high.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Basically whenever you blame an entire global economy on one specific political party, thats when you know you are a partisan hack

They’ll bitch about CRT, SEL, transgender athletes a reading in drag, and manufacture something about Hunter’s laptop.
...Or it will be about the economy, the economy and the economy.

"More than 75 percent of voters in the poll said the economy was “extremely important” to them. And yet only 1 percent rated economic conditions as excellent. Among those who are typically working age — voters 18 to 64 years old — only 6 percent said the economy was good or excellent, while 93 percent rated it poor or only fair."

Democrats are not doing themselves any favors by pretending the economy is the bestest evar or that it won't matter to voters. It makes them look out of touch. It makes it look to voters like if they want someone to do something about the economy they'll need to vote in the other party who has at least acknowledged there is a problem with the economy.

Basically whenever you blame an entire global economy on one specific political party, thats when you know you are a partisan hack
With the US economy being as dominant as it is, that is how it works. When the US economy sneezes, the world catches cold. The democrats have wrecked the US economy and the world is going to pay the price.

Are those the same economists who said inflation was transitory and the Fed would bring us in to a soft landing? You listen to the wrong economists. Democrats have done massive damage to the fundamental underpinnings of the economy.

ed5dc795-8d16-4dac-9af1-6991c1d960f5_text.gif

Because of the democrats stimulus spending but not the republican stimulus spending of course.

No you are wrong. The main thing conservatives have to campaign is hate and fear.

Im doing fine. Literally 2 days ago i just placed an order for a 2022 toyota 4runner. Should be here in about 5 weeks.
Dude. Why? You do know the 4Runner is being redesigned with the next generation being the 2023 model, right? They've made a bunch of improvements. You just paid a huge sum of money to order a last generation 4Runner. Enjoy that depreciation.

That and how 'defund the police' has spiked crime rates
... and how school lock outs have hurt the next generation with the most vulnerable children being the hardest hit
... and how drag bars are having kids days to sexualize children
... and how Biden is barely functional when his meds wear off
... and the problems at the border
... and the corruption at the FBI with evidence coming to light of how they spiked the Hunter Biden investigation
... and how the economy is now in recession
... and a bunch more but you are right in that it will be primarily about inflation and gas prices, things that clearly the Democrats are responsible for and are directly hurting the most people.

There is that hate and fear that conservatives have to campaign on. Thanks Al