What's new

The Conley Conundrum

Little fetus jom2003 is gonna look like the imbecile he is when Mikes plays great the second half of the season and playoffs

The only weakness Rubio had was his outside shooting and even that was improving somewhat. Plus, with the addition of a couple of guys we ended up with our 3 point shooting now leads the league and would have continued to do so under the leadership of Rubio, who had a very high Basketball IQ!

We have a better record this year man...for all those blowouts where rocky looked like a boss there were an equal amount of games where his name was accompanied with profanity coming out of my mouth. I don’t miss a game and I dont miss him brotha. In regard to Conley the jazz ****ed the pooch. Regardless the thing is that neither Rubio nor Conley are the answer for the jazz. DM needs to start at the point and the jazz would be fools to bench a guy they put so much stock into. Highly doubt they trade him (though the green move surprised me) by the TD unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Totally disagree! With Rubio in the lineup we were getting easy baskets, mostly dunks, moving the ball around, piling up assists, winning by double digits.......you done threw your brains to the hogs if you think that was a good decision!
Huh? The have a better record now than they did when Rubio was around at this point in the season.

Huh? The have a better record now than they did when Rubio was around at this point in the season.

The Jazz exploded with excellence that last 25 games last season with Rubio calling the PG shots and distributing to Favors and Rudy and others! If you recall we were breaking all kinds of dunking records with him playing the point! No reason to think they weren't going to contunue with there excellent play the start of this season had the team remained in tack!

Little fetus jom2003 is gonna look like the imbecile he is when Mikes plays great the second half of the season and playoffs

A lot of people are gonna look ridiculous. Mike is not washed. His defense was fine, his playmaking was fine, his command of the offense was fine, he was able to get to his spots and get the looks he wanted... the only thing that was going wrong was that shots weren't falling. It's statistically improbable that that continues.

If Rubio didn't fit in with Quins system why were we averaging 26 assists, 10 dunks a game and destroying opposition like paper toys?

We were mediocre on offense during the season and horrific during the playoffs. Rubio is the exact opposite type of player that fits into Quin’s system. He needs the ball to be successful, we have an egalitarian system that requires to be good with and without the ball. His PG skills were muted and his weaknesses were highlighted.

Now, he was a significantly better player than Conley has been. Conley has been one of the worst starting PGs in the league. But there’s no doubt there was a mismatch in terms of offensive skill set with Rubio.

George Hill, for example, was a perfect fit for Quin. He’s hardly even a PG, but that’s the point. Hill could not be more different than Rubio offensively. We don’t need a PG who needs the ball at all times to be successful. That’s just not how Quin likes to play.

Totally disagree! With Rubio in the lineup we were getting easy baskets, mostly dunks, moving the ball around, piling up assists, winning by double digits.......you done threw your brains to the hogs if you think that was a good decision!
With Rubio in the lineup Houston dared him to shoot and left him wide open, focusing on our other players, and we got slaughtered. He was a liability in that regard. Going after an upgrade made sense, but I don't believe Conley is that upgrade. Just traded liabilities imo. And he is too redundant with DM. Not a good pickup, but Rubio was far far far from the answer.

We won 13 of our last 16 games last year and Rubio was the key incrediatent! His passing and court awareness was second to none and we were destroying most teams we played and barely losing to the ones that beat us.

We were mediocre on offense during the season and horrific during the playoffs. Rubio is the exact opposite type of player that fits into Quin’s system. He needs the ball to be successful, we have an egalitarian system that requires to be good with and without the ball. His PG skills were muted and his weaknesses were highlighted.

Now, he was a significantly better player than Conley has been. Conley has been one of the worst starting PGs in the league. But there’s no doubt there was a mismatch in terms of offensive skill set with Rubio.

George Hill, for example, was a perfect fit for Quin. He’s hardly even a PG, but that’s the point. Hill could not be more different than Rubio offensively. We don’t need a PG who needs the ball at all times to be successful. That’s just not how Quin likes to play.
ball dominant PGs simply won't work in a system with Quin and DM, just look at Rubio's assist numbers with us versus the rest of his career. we emphasize on even distribution of the ball with more than one players on the court sharing the PG duty on a possession by possession basis. on one possession it is DM, on the next possession it could be Ingles. but it'd be really hard on ball-dominant PGs to play under Quin's system because those PGs tend to be non-factors in offball situations and it's even harder for them to get any kinda rhythm going when they only bring the ball up on a possession by possession basis as opposed to at all times.

Hill is really thriving with Milwaukee, and at age 33. He can fit in anywhere. Too bad he got super greedy.

Hill is really thriving with Milwaukee, and at age 33. He can fit in anywhere. Too bad he got super greedy.
Bojan is the SF version of Hill. Can really shoot it, plus dribble/penetrate and score on all three levels. if you want a player who's gonna fit everywhere and make an immediate impact to any team's offense, that is your ideal model

We won 13 of our last 16 games last year and Rubio was the key incrediatent! His passing and court awareness was second to none and we were destroying most teams we played and barely losing to the ones that beat us.
Did we get rings for those wins? Those were championship wins, right? I mean they were far more important than the first round loss we suffered in large part because Rubio couldn't shoot and Houston was basically playing 5 on 4 on defense? Right?

Obviously, Rubio needed help! But had we kept Flavors and Cowley and added a couple of shooters we'd be sitting pretty!

Obviously, Rubio needed help! But had we kept Flavors and Cowley and added a couple of shooters we'd be sitting pretty!
If you didn’t have a history of posting here for the past 20 years, way back before alts were a popular thing (alts are kinda like the three point shot, present previously, but not as widespread as today), then I’d say you were the most successful alt in sports history.

Remember the start of the season when Joe Ingles was in a slump and some people were suggesting he didn't have it anymore and we might have to move on? I remember. Then Joe came out of the slump.

Same s*** is gonna happen with Mike and people are gonna look foolish.

Remember the start of the season when Joe Ingles was in a slump and some people were suggesting he didn't have it anymore and we might have to move on? I remember. Then Joe came out of the slump.

We all hope so

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Joe wasn't in a slump, he's a system player that needs good pieces around him to work with. Conley had that benefit all season and still sucked, so I don't see the comparison.