What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

That's crazy. What are the odds it would happen twice in like a week after never happening before?
Except it didnt, because the Bucks won anyways. That 0-13884 likely contained some OT games, but Mavs are still the only team who successfully completed such comeback.

But that Raptors rally definitely makes the Mavs one look less impressive, despite Bucks winning at the end.

Except it didnt, because the Bucks won anyways. That 0-13884 likely contained some OT games, but Mavs are still the only team who successfully completed such comeback.

But that Raptors rally definitely makes the Mavs one look less impressive, despite Bucks winning at the end.

Ah, didn't realize the Bucks ended up winning. My bad.

First off, this is 100% crazy conspiracy stuff... but since I came across it I will put it out. Despite the next paragraph being shocking, please read through the whole thing before ranting. This is just for fun banter for a scenario that is likely not gonna happen...

So some people seem to think Philly might follow our example next offseason, and do the biggest blockbuster trade of history by trading away Embiid (along with one James Harden).

This is the timeline of events that has lead to this conspiracy:
- This all started in mid December when Embiid told Jake Fisher out of the blue a notion that "some Philly fans want him traded"
- Few days later Embiid was interviewed by ESPNs Cassidy Hubbarth and he talked about that comment pretty jokingly but curiously ended it up by saing "Sometimes you don’t know what you have until it’s gone."
- A week or so later Woj reported that James Harden is maybe looking to return to Houston
- After James Harden was asked about it he deflected the question and didn't deny it

Now there are few pieces of evidence that supports this notion
- James Harden's age and contract. He is 34 and has only 1 year left after this one. If they dont trade him next summer, he might walk without compensation after next season.
- Tobias Harris contract also expiring 2024
- They dont have trade assets or cap space to add impact guys or replace either Harden or Harris if they walk (they own 4 FRPs for the next 7 years, which is not Lakers bad but still pretty bad)
- Philadephia owns their 2024 FRP, but they dont own their 2025 FRP... so if they are going to tank after Harden they should start next offseason since they dont have draft capital

However while I personally think this is not likely to happen, unless they like completely implode in the playoffs this year... The real reason I post this is I wanted to ask you guys these theoretical questions:
1) What would you think Embiid would cost on the trade markets? Surely he would reset the markets, but to what level?
2) Would you want Jazz to go after him if the chance would present itself?

Just to clarify.. I know Embiid is a known reporter troll. So I think thats what his side of this is about... But I do think the Woj report (Harden going back to Houston) is from a credible source... so it was either planted (making Harden a trade bait) or for real.

Imagine being a Knicks fan watching Julius Randle jack up shot after shot 9/29FG

Ingles looks to be back to himself , happy for him

There is really only 5 tanking teams right now. houston, san antonio, charlotte, detroit, and orlando.
lots of tight races for playoff positioning in both conferences. Love to see it.

1) What would you think Embiid would cost on the trade markets? Surely he would reset the markets, but to what level?
2) Would you want Jazz to go after him if the chance would present itself?
1: A lot.
2: Maybe- main issue is does he fit our timeline? If we dump a bunch of our vets by the deadline we don't have anyone to pair up with him besides Lauri (we'd probably have to give them Kessler plus most of our previous hauls.) I don't see how we'd end up in contention with him given our roster makeup.

There is really only 5 tanking teams right now. houston, san antonio, charlotte, detroit, and orlando.
lots of tight races for playoff positioning in both conferences. Love to see it.

I'm not sure Orlando is tanking. They went 11-6 before they played us. They are turning things around somewhat.

I'm not sure Orlando is tanking. They went 11-6 before they played us. They are turning things around somewhat.

I guess i should have just said there are 5 teams with **** records who wont make the playoffs. Everyone else has a shot at the playoffs.
Cause no teams ever truly tank if the definition of tanking means players are out there intentionally missing shots and stuff.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app