What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Hawkins struggled at first, but has had a couple of good games now and obviously broke out in a big way tonight. I'm still a little down on him overall, since I'm not sure he does a lot of the other things that help you win, but to have a game like he did tonight is pretty incredible.
Ea obviously better than Hendricks though. Bring back DL for drafting just give him a rule he can't draft centers

Also Julian Strawther. Can't believe we took Brice over him as well
Come on... you of all people should know we were trying to hit home runs not singles. You also were trying to sell some nonsense that Brice might end up being our best rookie. I didn't love the pick as I wanted Leonard Miller but it is so early and Brice was a ceiling play.

Come on... you of all people should know we were trying to hit home runs not singles. You also were trying to sell some nonsense that Brice might end up being our best rookie. I didn't love the pick as I wanted Leonard Miller but it is so early and Brice was a ceiling play.
Yeah, I'm a glass half full guy mostly. Just frustrating that we are one of the worst teams in the NBA and we got 3 rookie first round picks. This should be a kind of fun season of being bad but instead we drafted two rookies who are so behind they can't play for a bad team.

Yeah, I'm a glass half full guy mostly. Just frustrating that we are one of the worst teams in the NBA and we got 3 rookie first round picks. This should be a kind of fun season of being bad but instead we drafted two rookies who are so behind they can't play for a bad team.
DA needs to either make the consolidation trade that gets rid of some of these guys and allows us to play the rooks or makes us good at basketball. This is a special type of purgatory so I think we are all frustrated.

DA needs to either make the consolidation trade that gets rid of some of these guys and allows us to play the rooks or makes us good at basketball. This is a special type of purgatory so I think we are all frustrated.
Hardy is playing Luka Samanic above Hendricks. There isn't a consolidation trade possible that can get Hendricks minutes.

Just imagine how bad he must be in practice if our players are dominating him.

Hardy is playing Luka Samanic above Hendricks. There isn't a consolidation trade possible that can get Hendricks minutes.

Taylor and Brice are going to get some reps in the G League. There is no reason to send Luka down there as he's graduated from that program. If its an issue Luka is partially guaranteed and Ainge can hand him his papers. They literally aren't with the team right now so he doesn't even have the option.

If we are doing weird defensive **** (as is the spin) that isn't exactly win-now oriented why wouldn't you play a guy like Taylor who will be here the next few years. Really tough to say "we are developing something so it may not work well now but has a long term payoff" and also decide to play a journeyman over a guy you need to be developing.

Someone with a glass half full look at things might think that maybe Hardy figures neither hendricks or luka will play ahead of KO, Lauri, Kessler, and collins and hardy dont give a **** about luka so lets him ride pine. Hardy sees talent in hendricks and a future on this team so he sends the talented dude with a bright future to the g league to get minutes/reps rather than just ride pine all the time.
Then again, i dont really see you as the glass half full type so I get it.

Someone with a glass half full look at things might think that maybe Hardy figures neither hendricks or luka will play ahead of KO, Lauri, Kessler, and collins and hardy dont give a **** about luka so lets him ride pine. Hardy sees talent in hendricks and a future on this team so he sends the talented dude with a bright future to the g league to get minutes/reps rather than just ride pine all the time.
Then again, i dont really see you as the glass half full type so I get it.
Im 100% glass half full, but I'm not going to ignore reality.

If you got a rookie playing and two who arent playing, that tells me the other two really arent ready.

Im 100% glass half full, but I'm not going to ignore reality.

If you got a rookie playing and two who arent playing, that tells me the other two really arent ready.
Agreed. Doesn't tell me that luka is dominating hendricks in practice though. That would be a glass half empty take.

So Hardy is just playing these guys over our 9th pick for no reason but lets our 16th pick play?
He isn't playing luka
keyonte plays a different position

Garbage time does not matter. Its not even good development time. We are making a lot out of who Hardy chooses to put out there when we are getting blown out lol. Like he and the coaches are like "hey when this **** gets out of hand lets get Luka minutes over Hendricks (who isn't even here)".

He has played 4 games to Taylor's 0
Garbage time in nba games gets a player less minutes than the g league.
i see how you are looking at this though and it makes sense in the context of how you look at everything hendricks related.

I don't understand why you guys give Hardy the benefit of the doubt with these young guys. Sometimes the coach is just a dumbass and that might be the case with Hardy. This is the same guy last year that didn't like NAW even though he was clearly our best perimeter defender and was showing signs of being a great glue that every team needs. It would sure be nice to have NAW's perimeter defense right now rather than the train wreck that we are watching. I don't think it is a very good sign as a coach when basically every young guy has regressed from the previous season and to top it off he forces strange rotations that make the game more difficult for everyone.