What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

There's more to shot selection than the basic data you have available. There's rhythm, time/score, etc.

Obviously he is not a great shooter, but if he was more selective about the shots he took and when he took them, he would shoot better. He is not a 27% shooter.
When the game is tied or within 5 points either way he shoots even worse. If Spurs are trailing by anything less than 16 he shoots 25% or worse.
1700582984633.png

He has hit more difficult shots better, and is abysmal on catch and shoot:
Screenshot_20231121_174946_Chrome.jpg

He has taken 4.6 of his 5.6 attempts in either very early, early or average clock situations, and has actually hit his late clock shots with better rate:
Screenshot_20231121_174919_Chrome.jpg

Great and good are two different thing.

It's just annoying as hell to argue with someone who changes the words you use to craft some BS conclusion.

Muted
You used the word obviously as well. Which would imply that it's obvious he isn't a great shooter. I read between the lines there.
Do you think he is a good shooter right now? (You didn't say you thought he was a good shooter btw so I'm just trying to make sure I understand you)

So you wouldn't have got all butt hurt if I would have said "I agree that it's obvious he isn't a great shooter" instead of "i agree he is a bad shooter right now"
Looks kinda silly to me too get that upset over what amounts to about the same thing especially when it's obvious that he is in fact a bad shooter right now.
The evidence is overwhelming and only someone who is on crack, doesn't know ball, who belongs at the kids table and should just shut up would think otherwise

When the game is tied or within 5 points either way he shoots even worse. If Spurs are trailing by anything less than 16 he shoots 25% or worse.
View attachment 15430

He has hit more difficult shots better, and is abysmal on catch and shoot:
View attachment 15427

He has taken 4.6 of his 5.6 attempts in either very early, early or average clock situations, and has actually hit his late clock shots with better rate:
View attachment 15428
Ok. Still a good shooter who I wouldn't want to leave open

Like I'm sure nearly everyone here would laugh at the notion of THT being a better shooter than Keyonte George....

The idea of using small sample size a handful of games into a guys rookie career and overanalyzing it vs what your eyes tell you is just funny.

Like I'm sure nearly everyone here would laugh at the notion of THT being a better shooter than Keyonte George....

The idea of using small sample size a handful of games into a guys rookie career and overanalyzing it vs what your eyes tell you is just funny.
His full 2021-22 season in France: 26% on 3.1 attempts per game.
His full 2022-23 season in France: 27.5% on 5.0 attempts per game.

Enough of a sample size?

In the future I think George will be the better shooter. He isn't right now though and due to his poor college shooting combined with his really poor NBA shooting I am a little concerned about his shooting. He is a rookie though and like wemby I expect him to improve.

What a bizarre argument.

There's no such thing as a good shooter who's just never been able to make shots. LOL

There's tons of people with beautiful shooting forms who just can't hit.

His full 2021-22 season in France: 26% on 3.1 attempts per game.
His full 2022-23 season in France: 27.5% on 5.0 attempts per game.

Enough of a sample size?

Hoops are different height in france. Different circumference too

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app