What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

A very good showcase game from Jalen Green against the Piston. Now a matter of time Pistons trade for him to form the trio of Green/Bagley/Wiseman lmao.

Paul George put out a podcast with Gordon Hayward recently. Going to watch it at some point.

I know a lot of people here hate on Paul George from teh playoff series, but from his podcast he seems like one of the nicer players in teh NBA.

Paul George put out a podcast with Gordon Hayward recently. Going to watch it at some point.

I know a lot of people here hate on Paul George from teh playoff series, but from his podcast he seems like one of the nicer players in teh NBA.

Would be interesting to hear if they ever considered teaming up together. I know that was reported years ago.

I'm not sure that anyone hates him on a personal level.

Pretty sure no one watch a Paul George podcast with Haywood here on JFZ was because of their hate on George lol

Pels have the leagues toughest strength of schedule in January (.582), with 6 of their games home and 9 on the road, and with 0 of them being rest advantage games. Tough sledding ahead.

Another West team that could fall a bit in standings is OKC, who has TWO 5 games in 7 days stretches in January, and they also play only 6 of their 17 January games at home.

Pels have the leagues toughest strength of schedule in January (.582), with 6 of their games home and 9 on the road, and with 0 of them being rest advantage games. Tough sledding ahead.

Another West team that could fall a bit in standings is OKC, who has TWO 5 games in 7 days stretches in January, and they also play only 6 of their 17 January games at home.

I think that the in season tournament is messing up everyone's schedule. They had to give a lot of buffer time for the tournament and so the rest of the season has to be more condensed.

Still think Stockton has a decent chance to eventually be broken with how many points are scored now. Eventually there will a player who comes out and gets in the perfect situation.

I guess the thing that makes it tough, other than the health, is that Stockton had a consistent star next to him to help carry the bulk of the assist.

If Haliburton could get some like a Lauri next to him, I could see him averaging 15+ assist for a few seasons.
There is always a chance but with the way players are rested now a days makes it unlikely. Guys are not only playing less games but are also playing less minutes in those games. The one advantage a player now a days could have is getting started a few years earlier but that has been the case for the last 30 years and we haven't seen a guy come all that close. Chris Paul and Jason Kidd are number 2 and 3 all time with great longevity and they are still around 4000 assists behind him.

Cy Young's 511 wins in MLB is probably the MOST unbreakable. . .
That is definitely a number that will never be touched. Wayne Gretzky's career points record is probably second on the list.

There is always a chance but with the way players are rested now a days makes it unlikely. Guys are not only playing less games but are also playing less minutes in those games. The one advantage a player now a days could have is getting started a few years earlier but that has been the case for the last 30 years and we haven't seen a guy come all that close. Chris Paul and Jason Kidd are number 2 and 3 all time with great longevity and they are still around 4000 assists behind him.
Yeah, the thing Paul/Kidd didnt have is the consistent star next to them their entire career. That's really the hard part to me even more than the health. We will see another star who plays 18+ seasons with little injuries, maybe not to the Stockton degree, but on the Lebron type level.

I dont know if we will ever see 2 stars play together for 17+ years (or however long they did it for).

I think that the in season tournament is messing up everyone's schedule. They had to give a lot of buffer time for the tournament and so the rest of the season has to be more condensed.
Yep. And it was insanely stupid to boot.

Memphis are gonna miss the play in. Too deep of a hole to dig out of with the way they are playing. They are really missing Adams, and just lack quality at center.

JJJ's lack of rebounding might be the most confusing "missing skill" I've ever seen. I mean he should be better simply by height and where he usually sets camp on defense.

I’m not surprised to hear that the Celtics are interested in trading for Kelly Olynyk. They are always seeking for high IQ players because they know high IQ players win championships.

Memphis are gonna miss the play in. Too deep of a hole to dig out of with the way they are playing. They are really missing Adams, and just lack quality at center.

JJJ's lack of rebounding might be the most confusing "missing skill" I've ever seen. I mean he should be better simply by height and where he usually sets camp on defense.
His lack of rebounding is so strange. It was the same way with Rasheed Wallace in his prime.

I’m not surprised to hear that the Celtics are interested in trading for Kelly Olynyk. They are always seeking for high IQ players because they know high IQ players win championships.
Unfortunately the Celtics don't have the contracts to facilitate any type of trade. They have their core group and then a bunch of tiny contracts that make a trade difficult.

The Nuggets-Warriors game was wild. Steph, Podz, TJD, Wiggins, Saric lineup turns blazing hot in the 3rd and they build a massive lead by scoring 26 points in the last 6 minutes of that quarter (outscoring the Nuggets by 16, despite Jokic being on the court).

Midway through the 4th the lead is at its highest at 18, but Nuggets revenge the 3rd by going on a 25-4 run in the final 6:40 or so and win it with this Jokic buzzer beater:

View: https://x.com/NBA/status/1743144328283738610?s=20

Minny schedule is quite tough too. Lots of game on the road, 2 back to back + defense seems to slow down a bit as Rudy and KAT are clearly tired or slighty injured. Won't be surprised if they loose first position at West.