What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

His lack of rebounding is so strange. It was the same way with Rasheed Wallace in his prime.
Because both have been use to having great bigs next to them to eat boards so they can be a supplementary rebounder which is very different than a primary rebounder

Minny schedule is quite tough too. Lots of game on the road, 2 back to back + defense seems to slow down a bit as Rudy and KAT are clearly tired or slighty injured. Won't be surprised if they loose first position at West.
Wolves need to get one more offensive weapon. Probably need to move on from Anderson. Love how he plays, but he's gotten worse at shooting

Wolves need to get one more offensive weapon. Probably need to move on from Anderson. Love how he plays, but he's gotten worse at shooting
I agree . They need one good pieces from the bench able to score and avoid Mike to play too much min and risk injury. They will probably move Slomo who got a terriblr year at shooting and Milton who did not fit with the team. Hope they get the good one. Some minny fan were talking about going for THT.

The Nuggets-Warriors game was wild. Steph, Podz, TJD, Wiggins, Saric lineup turns blazing hot in the 3rd and they build a massive lead by scoring 26 points in the last 6 minutes of that quarter (outscoring the Nuggets by 16, despite Jokic being on the court).

Midway through the 4th the lead is at its highest at 18, but Nuggets revenge the 3rd by going on a 25-4 run in the final 6:40 or so and win it with this Jokic buzzer beater:

View: https://x.com/NBA/status/1743144328283738610?s=20

Damn. The man has a legit argument for being the best player in the world in the last decade. And top 20 contender all-time. And he just keeps adding to his legacy. Amazing. If he wins another ring I think he climbs into pretty rarified air, could be viewed as top 10 all time at some point. Who woulda thunk?

Damn. The man has a legit argument for being the best player in the world in the last decade. And top 20 contender all-time. And he just keeps adding to his legacy. Amazing. If he wins another ring I think he climbs into pretty rarified air, could be viewed as top 10 all time at some point. Who woulda thunk?
Hard for him to be the best player of the last decade when he hasnt even played a decade of basketball yet, but if you narrow the window to the last 3 years there could be an argument. (has only been a top 10 guy since the 20/21 season)

Would still lean heavily to Curry/Lebron/Durant over the last decade.

Moody with another dnpcd

Free Moses
Is Kerr a bad coach? Asking for reals. I don't think he is bad but may not be the genius everyone thinks. Klay/Wiggins are priorities obviously but they have been so rough you gotta switch things up. CP should be playing less until he looks more spry (he may be fully washed).

Maybe Kuminga and Moody look better in a different style? Maybe we can buy low on Moody? I am not sure they bite the bullet on Paul or if they would consider JC a fit for what they do... but JC/KO for Paul and Moody is a fair deal and might help them given Kerr's preference for vets (all coaches prefer vets but you know what I mean).

Is Kerr a bad coach? Asking for reals. I don't think he is bad but may not be the genius everyone thinks. Klay/Wiggins are priorities obviously but they have been so rough you gotta switch things up. CP should be playing less until he looks more spry (he may be fully washed).

Maybe Kuminga and Moody look better in a different style? Maybe we can buy low on Moody? I am not sure they bite the bullet on Paul or if they would consider JC a fit for what they do... but JC/KO for Paul and Moody is a fair deal and might help them given Kerr's preference for vets (all coaches prefer vets but you know what I mean).
The thing that would likely push this over the top is if you took GP2 as well. Saves them 7.7M in salary this year which equates to 35M in tax... so $42M even if it doesn't work helps this team be a less expensive failure at least.

I think that when you have overwhelming success with something it's hard to go away from it.

So when those pieces are failing, when do you actually significantly change from what has worked? At the end of the day you just got to hope Green/Thompson/Wiggins pick it up. Not like the alternatives have a high ceiling to win this year.

I think that when you have overwhelming success with something it's hard to go away from it.

So when those pieces are failing, when do you actually significantly change from what has worked? At the end of the day you just got to hope Green/Thompson/Wiggins pick it up. Not like the alternatives have a high ceiling to win this year.
The more I look at that GS situation and how ugly the years will be after Steph slows down... the more I think we should target them in a Lauri deal (if we get there).

Kuminga, Moody, and then you get wild with the draft stuff... they owe a pick in 24 that will convey but we could get super swaps in 25,27,29 with the other picks we own. Makes those swaps extremely valuable. Then you get picks in 26,28 unprotected. If they really believe they can squeak out one more title I doubt they'd do better than Lauri and that could be the Nets KG/Pierce trade Danny has been chasing.

The more I look at that GS situation and how ugly the years will be after Steph slows down... the more I think we should target them in a Lauri deal (if we get there).

Kuminga, Moody, and then you get wild with the draft stuff... they owe a pick in 24 that will convey but we could get super swaps in 25,27,29 with the other picks we own. Makes those swaps extremely valuable. Then you get picks in 26,28 unprotected. If they really believe they can squeak out one more title I doubt they'd do better than Lauri and that could be the Nets KG/Pierce trade Danny has been chasing.
I really dont like Kuminga so I'm out on anything that includes him and I'd just rather not give Lauri to a great franchise then hope they fail. Big desirable markets usually have a way of making things work and that becomes much easier with a guy like Lauri.

I don't know if he is a bad coach but I think he is clearly a mediocre coach. When he didn't have Steph and Klay for those 2 seasons they were terrible and you saw basically no player development. Even Draymond was awful during that stretch.

I really dont like Kuminga so I'm out on anything that includes him and I'd just rather not give Lauri to a great franchise then hope they fail. Big desirable markets usually have a way of making things work and that becomes much easier with a guy like Lauri.
SF is not nearly as desirable as it used to be. Its a nice play to visit (sometimes)... would suck to live there. Bob Myers bailed on them cuz he knew what is coming.

I'm not a big Kuminga fan but I think you could flip him and recently I have kind of seen what some do. The jumper is ugly and its hard for me to imagine huge upside.

The levels of audacity for Jonathon Kuminga to greenlight an article about him losing faith in Steve Kerr is just wild.

You can't have a team with Walker and Kuminga IMO. If we had a guy like Chet as our center I'd be more interested.

I don’t think we need to worry about fit at the moment and just focus on getting the most talent we can.
I mean, you got to worry a bit.

The guy is throwing a fit while getting minutes on the Warriors. What do you think he'd do on a team like the Jazz and he's getting the same treatment?