What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I can do nothing but laugh at Westbrook. He is the fountain from which all Schadenfreunde springs.

Can rudy stay in the paint in a series against them? If the answer is yes then I think we win a short series. (I do worry about Jaren Jackson pulling rudy out of the paint but I think the jazz could put someone else on jackson and rudy on a non 3 point shooter. JV comes to mind) Plus, they (and every team in the league pretty much) have no answer for our offense. We averaged a crazy amount of point per game in the playoff series against them last year. Something like 135 per game (I dont remember exactly but it was really high)
JV?

they weren't healthy last season either. Jaren Jackson only came back at the end of the regular season and was having his rehab session on court. We saw what he's capable of when he's at his 100% this season when we played them.
So health is a good excuse for the Grizz, but not the jazz. Copy that.

I honestly have no idea how the Jazz have avoided covid for as long as they have but it's coming eventually. Simons played 29 minutes against us last night.

I honestly have no idea how the Jazz have avoided covid for as long as they have but it's coming eventually. Simons played 29 minutes against us last night.

Obviously it’s our social distancing on defense… Quin playing chess… everyone else checkers

Andy Larsen mentioned it in a tweet recently. Basically since everyone in the org is vaccinated, they're not subject to the testing that other teams are. However, once the booster is mandated for certain members of the organization, the Jazz probably won't be at 100% vax rate anymore and will be subject to testing.

What are the Lakers getting?
To not have Rondo.

Prolly a second round pick.it’s not the guy I’d go for but I’d b looking for cheap one year replacements rather than spending real assets… their success this year should be a bonus and not something they sell off future assets to keep the momentum.

Andy Larsen mentioned it in a tweet recently. Basically since everyone in the org is vaccinated, they're not subject to the testing that other teams are. However, once the booster is mandated for certain members of the organization, the Jazz probably won't be at 100% vax rate anymore and will be subject to testing.
I assume many teams are 100% vaccinated though.

What could we get from Cleveland for Conley?

Once people get a booster, they no longer have to be tested. It was the league’s sleight-of-hand on solving the predicament.

Side effect of Rondo trade: Stan is almost certainly going to be signed for the rest of the year.

Side effect of Rondo trade: Stan is almost certainly going to be signed for the rest of the year.
Very likely the whole purpose of the deal… clear some salary and open up a roster spot while reducing their tax.