What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Its CP man... he can get to the midrange whenever he wants. If you take it away he finds someone. I have a hard time with his BS but damn do I respect the hell out of his game.

If those teams are healthy I am not sure we beat either of them. I think the Suns actually might be a better matchup for us because of the style that GS plays might give us more problems, but the Suns being so good in midrange should also frighten us. We just aren't there.
It’s Booker, too. The fact that they have two of these options, and can toggle between them quickly, is what makes them a huge problem. I don’t know how the jazz can solve it, tbh. I said the same last year, but the gap has widened, I think.

We almost lost our NO. 1 seed to the Suns due to injuries last season. We were ranked the best despite of our medical staff, not because of.
The medical staff that was brought in last year was ranked the best in the NBA (nothing to do with our team ranking.) Again, since then it's had turnover and has nothing to do with our staff from way back when.

The staff was also right. Donovan wasn't ready to play yet. We saw that in the clippers series when he got hurt again.

The medical staff that was brought in last year was ranked the best in the NBA (nothing to do with our team ranking.) Again, since then it's had turnover and has nothing to do with our staff from way back when.

The staff was also right. Donovan wasn't ready to play yet. We saw that in the clippers series when he got hurt again.
I mean sure they were "right" but if Donovan does not play do we get to the Clips series. What if they let him play game 1 and Conley doesn't get hurt. Or what if they hold him out but communicate better so that it isn't a shock to the team and we win game 1 without him. It was likely he was never going to be 100% unless he sat the whole year. He was good enough to function at a high level.

I believe he reinjured it on a contact play with Paul George too. I think the medical staff was good so I'm not trying to argue... not sure they are justified for the BS they pulled last year.

I mean sure they were "right" but if Donovan does not play do we get to the Clips series. What if they let him play game 1 and Conley doesn't get hurt. Or what if they hold him out but communicate better so that it isn't a shock to the team and we win game 1 without him. It was likely he was never going to be 100% unless he sat the whole year. He was good enough to function at a high level.

I believe he reinjured it on a contact play with Paul George too. I think the medical staff was good so I'm not trying to argue... not sure they are justified for the BS they pulled last year.
Bro, what part of #1 don’t you understand? They’re in a spread of the America’s Top Doctors that you see in the airplane magazines.

It’s Booker, too. The fact that they have two of these options, and can toggle between them quickly, is what makes them a huge problem. I don’t know how the jazz can solve it, tbh. I said the same last year, but the gap has widened, I think.
I think Booker's crunch time numbers last year were bad... but point taken for sure. I think that whole team has leveled up because of the playoff run. Booker has gone from complete sieve a couple years ago to okayish last year to solid.

I would consider us significant underdogs against either team. Not impossible but likely 6 game and out type series. I guess we will see the next few months.

I'm not saying we should make moves... because I just don't think the right move is out there. Short of completely fleecing some team we'd likely need a couple moves to feel great about things and there is no way we will be that aggressive because the downside of any move is likely significant. JZ has been good but I don't think he's in a position to stick his neck out too far. I think he is essentially an interim GM... I don't think it is fair but I think he is one bad move away from being replaced.

Sure, there were issues there. I have no idea who's fault it is with the communication and last minute changes. My point is that they were right about that part of it. But that was a side note to the main point. Our current staff is very different from last year, and completely different from a few years ago. So saying stuff about how bad the staff is and pointing to 5+ years ago is pretty silly. Not that you are making the argument. But the Jazz did see this as a problem before so they went out and hired an entire group that was regarded as the best in the NBA. I also don't blame the people who quit from the Jazz over this. This is the work I do so I'm always a little more on their side though.

Burks only 1-7 tonight from the field so far. 8-8 from the line with 6 rebounds redeems the poor shooting a bit but pretty rough go. Knicks still in it against the bulls though. I bet Burks finishes strong.

Burks only 1-7 tonight from the field so far. 8-8 from the line with 6 rebounds redeems the poor shooting a bit but pretty rough go. Knicks still in it against the bulls though. I bet Burks finishes strong.

Big 3 by AB to tie the game.

Damn did OKC get smoked. Completely embarrassing. I don't care how bad their roster is, they are still NBA players.

Big 3 by AB to tie the game.
Ya he finished strong. 2-3 in the 4th quarter and 1-1 from 3. Finished with 16 points on 10 shots with 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover in 43 minutes (!). Plus 3 for the game.

I just wanted to say I am taking great joy in the Lakers meltdown, and all the tears of Lakers fans around here. One guy at my work is basically on suicide watch. Another is in complete denial, basically one of those who is so delusional they think the NBA will just award the championship to LA because, you know, Lakers. He goes on and on about LeBron being the MVP already and no one being even in his league. Another one actually took down their Lakers gear in their office. Love it!

I just wanted to say I am taking great joy in the Lakers meltdown, and all the tears of Lakers fans around here. One guy at my work is basically on suicide watch. Another is in complete denial, basically one of those who is so delusional they think the NBA will just award the championship to LA because, you know, Lakers. He goes on and on about LeBron being the MVP already and no one being even in his league. Another one actually took down their Lakers gear in their office. Love it!
As Jazz fans this is really hard.... but we need to celebrate Russell Westbrook for the hero he is. He literally traded himself to the Lakers instead of them getting a useful player like Buddy Hield and keeping their wing defenders and depth. He also was the final straw that destroyed the James Harden Rockets.

Not all heroes wear capes and some heroes are villains... but the villain of our enemy is our friend... or some poetic ****.

The image of a guy taking down his Lakers gear made me laugh like a bond villain.

Neil Olshey fired in POR. It was a result of their investigation into inappropriate behavior, but he was seemingly in hot water anyways for basketball reasons. We'll see if a roster shakeup happens.

Neil Olshey fired in POR. It was a result of their investigation into inappropriate behavior, but he was seemingly in hot water anyways for basketball reasons. We'll see if a roster shakeup happens.
They just need to blow that **** up.

So I think they just wanted to get out of his contract with cause. I think Jody is a real piece of work and until she sells the team I think they are in trouble. They had plenty of reasons to make a move but I think he got a contract extension. I think the investigation was in part to get out of paying him... its whey the GMs are forming a union. Haven't seen the report yet.

Why the hell do you let the GM on the hot seat hire a new coach. You have to axe the GM first and let him pick the new coach... otherwise you have this weird delay in the moves that should be made.

So I think they just wanted to get out of his contract with cause. I think Jody is a real piece of work and until she sells the team I think they are in trouble. They had plenty of reasons to make a move but I think he got a contract extension. I think the investigation was in part to get out of paying him... its whey the GMs are forming a union. Haven't seen the report yet.

Why the hell do you let the GM on the hot seat hire a new coach. You have to axe the GM first and let him pick the new coach... otherwise you have this weird delay in the moves that should be made.

I agree with you. If Neil Olshey was doing a good job, there would have been no investigation. I'm sure there are tons of higher ups in the NBA that are not angels themselves but do a good job so its not an issue.

I've never been a big "blow it up" kind of guy. I think if Dame wants to stay, you build around him until he wants to leave. They need the right people in their org and letting your GM hire a coach on his way out is not a great start.