What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Malcom brogdon is a plus 41 right now in the bucks vs celtics game. (In 27 minutes)

I wonder what the record is for that stat in a game.

I totally agree with that. Rudy complain way too much but this game was a shame for the referee. They clearly did a great job to make sure KD and Booker and the suns are in the PO in good position. This is nothing new, big star get a special treatment by the referee. Small market are not officiated the same way big are. That's how it is and complaining will not change that.
Rudy and KAT are really crying baby.
Good heavens Rudy... nah. The post up foul was dumb... but the moving screens were obvious. The worst call on a moving screen all night was on Ayton... and it forced him out the game. Blaming that one on the refs ain't it.

Good heavens Rudy... nah. The post up foul was dumb... but the moving screens were obvious. The worst call on a moving screen all night was on Ayton... and it forced him out the game. Blaming that one on the refs ain't it.
im not talking on this particular action where Rudy is wrong but on the entire night as i watch the game. 27FT at 12, 15 just for Booker...... if it was the jazz, 90% of the forum will be screaming against the ref.....

The reality is that it's seen as a positive strategy to complain about the refs. I'm sure Rudy saw the whole Lakers FT thing and thought let me try

Idk if it's a good move, but I'm sure he did it with the Lakers coming up to try and combat the Lakers FT thing. He at least brought more of an eye to it now and that might change the way the refs call the game

The reality is that it's seen as a positive strategy to complain about the refs. I'm sure Rudy saw the whole Lakers FT thing and thought let me try
I'm sure its not strategic. I'm sure its heat of the moment bitching. We read too much into this... like before the game he was like... tonight I will setup a strategic ref complaint that will bring us victory against the Lakers.

Last time I remember him going hard at the refs he was called for a foul on the jump ball and got his *** ejected.

I'm sure its not strategic. I'm sure its heat of the moment bitching. We read too much into this... like before the game he was like... tonight I will setup a strategic ref complaint that will bring us victory against the Lakers.

Last time I remember him going hard at the refs he was called for a foul on the jump ball and got his *** ejected.
That was crazy

That was crazy
Unless you have some serious market pull... I don't think criticizing the refs gets you better treatment. Everyone try this... go home and be really critical of your significant other... see if you get better or worse treatment.

This doesn't necessarily apply in the heat of the battle like when Luka, Dray, etc are working the refs... but bitching after the fact I am not sure is super productive.

Memphis beat the Clips today. Wes had 4 points 11 assists. For Memphis Santi Aldama shined off the bench. Why do we care? He is the player Jared Butler was traded for. The guy is 7 feet tall and has a decent 3 point touch. Another brilliant move by the pre DA front office. Aldama is averaging about 9 points 5 boards.

I’ve always hated that the system is set up to basically force players to test free agency to get an adequate contract instead of being able to extend before you have to trade someone. Feel like teams should have an advantage to extend their players instead of forcing them to hit the market to maximize their earnings.

I’ve always hated that the system is set up to basically force players to test free agency to get an adequate contract instead of being able to extend before you have to trade someone. Feel like teams should have an advantage to extend their players instead of forcing them to hit the market to maximize their earnings.
Healthy FA market is a cornerstone of parity in pro sports. If keeping your best players was always easy the FA market would dry up and it would emphasize the value of draft too much.

I really don't understand how the in season tournament is supposed to work when we need every team to play the same amount of games.

I really don't understand how the in season tournament is supposed to work when we need every team to play the same amount of games.
No we don’t, and that has never been a thing (hi: the post-season).

Additionally, there is the play-in tournament.

I don’t know how it would work, but it’s single elimination. I would hope they drop the regular season number of games to help accommodate as there are already too many games.