What's new

The official FFS sign Udoh thread

Well, that statement is based on what? I know his numbers were not based mainly against starters, but he actually had better defensive numbers than Rudy in his short time on the court, definitely better block numbers, so he's a definite rim protector. Also, the biggest problem with the reserves on defense is Tony's inability to protect the rim and the inability to get fair treatment from the refs. So, we have weak defenders on the perimeter and the other team knows they can get to the rim and there will be no rim protection. Finally, when we were hot, there was one major X-factor: Mike was not playing.
The fact that nobody wants him. There's a legit reason for that. I get it... Like Neto, he was a fan favorite, but there an obvious reason hes not on an NBA roster. It's because outside of a few rebounds and maybe a defensive stop here or there he's useless. Last year he averaged about 2 points and 2 rebounds for us and once playoffs hit he was absolutely unplayable.

What's changed from last year? Nothing. You guys make it seem like he's suddenly hit some crazy stride and suddenly he's going to give us 15 minutes a night or magically be playable on the biggest stage when absolutely nothing suggest that's true. There's nobody knocking down doors for him.

Udoh is a phenomenal human, I get that and respect the hell out of him but there's a reason he's playing in China not here. Because he's just not that good. We might as well just bring Boris Diaw back.

The fact that nobody wants him. There's a legit reason for that. I get it... Like Neto, he was a fan favorite, but there an obvious reason hes not on an NBA roster. It's because outside of a few rebounds and maybe a defensive stop here or there he's useless. Last year he averaged about 2 points and 2 rebounds for us and once playoffs hit he was absolutely unplayable.

What's changed from last year? Nothing. You guys make it seem like he's suddenly hit some crazy stride and suddenly he's going to give us 15 minutes a night or magically be playable on the biggest stage when absolutely nothing suggest that's true. There's nobody knocking down doors for him.

Udoh is a phenomenal human, I get that and respect the hell out of him but there's a reason he's playing in China not here. Because he's just not that good. We might as well just bring Boris Diaw back.
He didn’t play because of Favors. And despite that, he was still ahead of Bradley on the depth chart. And using “no other team has signed them” isn’t exactly the best argument.

But if you want to complain about his abilities, or perceived lack of abilities, please do so with a side-by-side comparison of our status quo. That should at least illuminate things a little for you. Should.

He didn’t play because of Favors. And despite that, he was still ahead of Bradley on the depth chart. And using “no other team has signed them” isn’t exactly the best argument.

But if you want to complain about his abilities, or perceived lack of abilities, please do so with a side-by-side comparison of our status quo. That should at least illuminate things a little for you. Should.
Maybe you should bring your side-by-sides to the Jazz FO and Snyder

And from what I see from "side-by-sides" he is basically a worse rebounder and scorer than Bradley per 36 but a better passer and blocker. I mean that definitely moves the needle when neither play once April hits lol. Crazy how low the bar is set.

Maybe you should bring your side-by-sides to the Jazz FO and Snyder

And from what I see from "side-by-sides" he is basically a worse rebounder and scorer than Bradley per 36 but a better passer and blocker. I mean that definitely moves the needle when neither play once April hits lol. Crazy how low the bar is set.

How are they not going to play once April hits? Is Rudy going to play all 48 minutes?

Udoh is a way better perimeter defender than Rudy. He might be better than Royce against the big wings. Plus he protects the rim. He would make our sorry 2nd unit from the worst defensive unit to an average one which is what the Jazz need.

He can't shoot the three. Teams are obsessed with that. He sucks at that. But he has touch in the post and 17ft in. Teams don't want a traditional center. They want unicorns or even the potential to become one.

Jesus Christ STFU about Booker. Dude was trash when he last played for the Jazz. Dude ain't gotten better.
If ya boy Tony Bradley or as you called him a poor mans Lamarcus Aldridge wasn’t so bad we’d stop looking for hope in players that were “trash” or “scrubs”.

We need some frontcourt players that play defense... of it pisses you off that I talk about a player then put me on ignore... it’s easy.

You give no reasons to support your argument but opinion. No one else wants him, eh? That's too bad because we could use a rim protector on the second unit and we don't have one, and there is no doubt that he is a good defender. Did you pay attention when he was playing?

A Conley-Clarkson-?-Niang-Udoh second unit would be pretty dope. So long as Clarkson started passing the ball.

Our problem: There’s a storm and a leak in the roof and water is spilling all over the floor from the ceiling, ruining the carpet, hardwood, and anything under it.

JazzFanz: What a nightmare. Let’s nail some plywood up and get a bucket to catch the water.

A contingent of JazzFanz: That’s ridiculous. This needs to be fixed professionally. Stop worrying about it and when we get paid next month, we’ll look for some qualified contractors.

The FO: Storms come. They always come and this is not unexpected. We’re confident in the ability and quality of our furnishings in the home to be durable. It’s time for them to show their worth.

Jazz media: Calm down. A hurricane ripped through the Caribbean and totally devastated people’s homes. The Jazz Brass are cognizant of the problem, but they are currently strapped on resources. If they see a viable solution out there, they will be the first ones to act on it.

DL: I’m waiting for a contractor to call me. As you can see, these guys are probably in high demand so we may not be high up on their list.

JazzFanz: Can we please put the ****ing bucket down?

A contingent of Jazz Nation: If you think a bucket is going to solve this problem, you’re a blind moron.

JazzFanz: I think the water just shorted out your computer.

Last edited:
You give no reasons to support your argument but opinion. No one else wants him, eh? That's too bad because we could use a rim protector on the second unit and we don't have one, and there is no doubt that he is a good defender. Did you pay attention when he was playing?
When did he play? Garbage minutes lol. Was it the 5 minutes he averaged in April? The 3 in March? The garbage minutes he played in the Playoffs? The 9 times in 82 games he played over 10 minutes?

errrr... Yes I paid attention.