What's new

The Official "Fire Ty Corbin" Thread

write4u, of OneBrow/AintNuthin fame (IIRC).
Looking through write4u's old posts, I see little evidence that he wanted Corbin out before he was even hired. Hell, he makes no statements about wanting him about 2 years ago.

I disagree. When Durant and company were losing were they learning nothing? If anything they were learning what a **** sandwich tasted like and they didn't like it at all. To say they are learning nothing isn't quite accurate. They are learning how much losing sucks. Scotty Brooks' first year as manager in OKC he had a record of 23-59(keep in mind this is not me saying Corbin should be kept, I think he should be let go when his contract is up). My point about OKC is that they not only had to get more talent to start winning(which they did), but they also had to collectively learn how to win. Firing Corbin now makes no sense if this was indeed meant to be a season in which we tanked.

They also had to taught how to win. They look so bad now that they look like they are being taught nothing useful. I am full on with the tank but not sure they can endure a season this bad. Do you think they will win 29? I would say 19 looks dubious.

0-82 here we come. That would be a serious record, to go from 0-82 to 60-22 in the next season. Awesome.

According to nbawowy.com (their season stats match the NBA.com stats), it was actually 17 minutes (outscored 42-40).

They should play together more

Even with a good coach the jazz would be terrible. The thing is that these players all seem to be getting worse under Ty's system. He has to go.

You ever seen it advertised on TV, the thing they patented for people with hearing problems that you can point this sensor-gun in the direction you want to hear somebody talking and it intensifies the volume? Id like to see one used on Corbin during a game, just to hear if he really has any coaching philosophy whatsoever, or if all he says to his team is "Come on, let's go!" for a gameplan.

You know?

You ever seen it advertised on TV, the thing they patented for people with hearing problems that you can point this sensor-gun in the direction you want to hear somebody talking and it intensifies the volume? Id like to see one used on Corbin during a game, just to hear if he really has any coaching philosophy whatsoever, or if all he says to his team is "Come on, let's go!" for a gameplan.

You know?

I agree... but given the level of noise at a ball game it doesn't seem like you'd hear much.

I heard an interview on 1280 from Dennis Lindsay and he was asked how is Ty going to be judged as a head coach. He said it will be based on how much we improve defensively. Well, were the forth worse defensive team in the league and the worse offensively. What more does Dennis need to see?

I heard an interview on 1280 from Dennis Lindsay and he was asked how is Ty going to be judged as a head coach. He said it will be based on how much we improve defensively. Well, were the forth worse defensive team in the league and the worse offensively. What more does Dennis need to see?
More than 7 games.

Corbin always seemed like a good assistant coach. Only an inept front office would bring him back.

I`m gonna go ahead and call it, the Jazz don`t win 10 games this season.