What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

LOL. Aren't you the guy who is always arguing that every statement can't be taken 100%? Yes, there are exceptions to all rules. I guess I should have replaced "Dems" with "Trump Haters." That would definitely have been more accurate. That would leave Dems like Alan Dershowitz (who are still the voice of sanity in that party) in the proper category as well. My bad.
You're problem is that you apparently think people are just Trump haters for no reason. Like he is just a great guy great candidate and great all around person and people are just being irrational when they hate Trump.
Yet you didn't vote for him (so you say) and I have seen you post that you think he is a crappy guy (not sure I believe you) so you are part of the Trump haters too I guess? (JK, I know you actually like him)

I guess Romney is a trump hater too now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I know I've beat this historian's drum a lot, but just wanted to say that this tweet is why Timothy Snyder's booklet "On Tyranny. Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century" is like a guide to the Trump era, and how to recognize conditions and leaders that can be fatal to democracy.

By now we all should recognize a president attempting to put himself above the law. Our last king was George III.

I predict that you are not going to like it one bit when the people who you refer to as idiots are proven right. This entire episode is being bungled beyond belief because the Dems are hellbent on orchestrating this entire fiasco to tell the story that they want it to. I am not saying that Trump is wonderful or anything close. I did not vote for him and I will not vote for him. I would love to see better candidates than those we are being offered. What I am saying in regard to all of this (and have been saying since Day One) is that trying to defeat Trump by exaggerating and overstating the facts is much more likely to have the opposite effects.

I predict you believe "silent majority"

You honestly believe that Barr got Smith canned? How do you explain the things that Smith said when signing off which are completely contrary to that suggestion? Is Trump holding Sheppard's children hostage or something?
No, that post was more tongue in cheek. Although I think it's possible, indirectly. Like Barr put some pressure on Murdoch to be more pro Trump, Murdoch put some pressure on Shep, and Shep decided he'd had enough and so quit. But the CNN story linked to in the other thread said that it has been a few weeks in the works, so probably not that either.

I predict that you are not going to like it one bit when the people who you refer to as idiots are proven right. This entire episode is being bungled beyond belief because the Dems are hellbent on orchestrating this entire fiasco to tell the story that they want it to. I am not saying that Trump is wonderful or anything close. I did not vote for him and I will not vote for him. I would love to see better candidates than those we are being offered. What I am saying in regard to all of this (and have been saying since Day One) is that trying to defeat Trump by exaggerating and overstating the facts is much more likely to have the opposite effects.
But they are not overstating and exaggerating the facts, at least most of them aren't. I mean, you can read Mueller report volume 2 where it clearly talks about Trump obstructing justice. You can read the Ukraine phone call transcript. There's the non partisan report of how he told the Russian ambassador that he didn't care that they had meddled in the election. Heck Trump himself blatantly called in public for China to dig up dirt on Biden as well. There are also all the things on my initial post of the thread, like treatment of refugees, etc. There's his obvious conflict of interest in Turkey with the Trump Towers property there which could have impacted his recent foreign policy decision against the Kurds. I could go on and on and on. These are not things spun by the Democrats. These are actual, documented, facts.

But they are not overstating and exaggerating the facts, at least most of them aren't. I mean, you can read Mueller report volume 2 where it clearly talks about Trump obstructing justice. You can read the Ukraine phone call transcript. There's the non partisan report of how he told the Russian ambassador that he didn't care that they had meddled in the election. Heck Trump himself blatantly called in public for China to dig up dirt on Biden as well. There are also all the things on my initial post of the thread, like treatment of refugees, etc. There's his obvious conflict of interest in Turkey with the Trump Towers property there which could have impacted his recent foreign policy decision against the Kurds. I could go on and on and on. These are not things spun by the Democrats. These are actual, documented, facts.
You are speaking to the blind dumb and deaf unfortunately.
This info gets provided to the trumpish fools ad nauseum and they still seem to forget about all of it.

You're problem is that you apparently think people are just Trump haters for no reason. Like he is just a great guy great candidate and great all around person and people are just being irrational when they hate Trump.
Yet you didn't vote for him (so you say) and I have seen you post that you think he is a crappy guy (not sure I believe you) so you are part of the Trump haters too I guess? (JK, I know you actually like him)

I guess Romney is a trump hater too now.

You're not okay with me saying Dem, so I use another term and you're not okay with that either. You're tough to please.

You're not okay with me saying Dem, so I use another term and you're not okay with that either. You're tough to please.
Just say "decent American" and you're golden.

Trump and his supporters are trying to destroy this great nation. As a vet, I hope they fail. If I could give something so small as my life to make it happen I'd do it right now. I never fought for anything as important during my enlistment as getting rid of Trump and letting his rabid supporters know this isn't their country.

Reactions: Red

Since you are part of the group you are talking about you could say us or we.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The only questions left is which Republican senators are going to forever stain their reputation by voting against conviction and will there be enough of them to keep trump in office.

The facts are not hidden and most trump’s inner circle are flipping fast and will testify against him. Perjury is a thing and they know it.

Whatever happened to all that other stuff you guys used to care about? Last month you were comparing American borders to systematically killing millions in Nazi Germany(completely uneducated) but now not a word. Insane how easily the media dictates your misguided anger.

I also see you've shifted your attention from Ukraine to just straight Trump supporter hate. Good humans up in this thread. Solid humans.

Whatever happened to all that other stuff you guys used to care about? Last month you were comparing American borders to systematically killing millions in Nazi Germany(completely uneducated) but now not a word. Insane how easily the media dictates your misguided anger.

I also see you've shifted your attention from Ukraine to just straight Trump supporter hate. Good humans up in this thread. Solid humans.
You want to talk about borders? Start a thread about it or bump an old one. You have some new info about the borders you want to discuss?

This is the impeach Trump thread. Do you find it strange that we are mostly discussing the trump impeachment in this thread? If so, why?

Really? The whistleblower report does not match the call transcript. It matches the fake version that Schiff read which included threats (multiple), bribes (multiple) and strong arm tactics. The transcript included none of that. The idea that telling China or Ukraine that they ought to investigate an apparent crime is a crime in and of itself is ridiculous. I have no doubt in my mind that if Pence's son was doing the exact same things that Hunter Biden did that we'd be in the midst of a full blown investigation, but instead we're being told that there is no indication of wrongdoing and the media couldn't care less that Hunter is not available to talk about it and that Joe almost completely dodges any question he's asked about it (though he did slip up and claim that he had never had any conversations with his son about his foreign dealings (which is clearly a lie that the people you are getting your news from do not care about at all).

Trump is an annoying jerk. He exaggerates in his favor constantly. He has lax morals. He stands for concepts that some people hate. In other words, he is all of the things that the people who voted for him and the people who voted against him knew he was on election day. IMO you cannot undo an election over any of that, but those are the things the anti-Trump crowd is trying to turn into impeachable offenses. We all know that impeachment on such terms is not going to remove this president. If people are so opposed to him then they have a clear remedy and the date is approaching. Nominate a good candidate to oppose him, and then vote for that person. So far I would give the Dems an F- on their strategy.

It ought to be pretty clear that I'm not in the pro-impeachment crowd.
Are you not in the pro impeachment crowd because you don't think he has done anything impeachable or you just want him to remain president regardless of what he does?

I saw this posted elsewhere (I didn't post it), and was curious what you all think about it:

Here's just a few laws he may have broken:

- U.S. Code § 872 which states: "Whoever, being an officer, or employee of the United States...representing himself to be or assuming to act as such, under color or pretense of office or employment commits or attempts an act of extortion, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both." Extortion is legally defined as "the extraction of anything of value from another person by threatening or placing that person in fear of injury to any person or kidnapping of any person." It's argued that the threat of withholding military aid and promising President Zelensky a White House Visit meets these criteria of extortion by officers of the United States.Trump has also stated he will refuse to cooperate with lawful subpoenas from the House. This is a violation of U.S. Code § 192, "Refusal of witness to testify or produce papers."Bill Taylor, an American diplomat in Ukraine stated in one of his released texts to Gordon Sondland: "I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign," suggesting that he was acting against his wishes. If he felt coerced into doing this, then U.S. Code § 610, "Coercion of political activity," has been violated.

- U.S. Code § 595 makes it illegal for a government official, "in connection with any activity which is financed in whole or in part by loans or grants made by the United States, or any department or agency thereof, [to use] his official authority for the purpose of interfering with, or affecting, the nomination or the election of any candidate for the office of President."

- U.S. Code § 607, "Place of solicitation," and U.S. Code § 30121, "Contributions and donations by foreign nationals" make it illegal to solicit contributions to a presidential campaign from the Oval Office and to solicit from foreign nationals no matter where you do it from. By asking for Ukraine's help to investigate a potential political opponent - and doing so from the Oval Office - it is argued that President Trump was soliciting contributions from foreign nationals and using his official authority as President to do so.It seems obvious to me that the impeachment inquiry is a necessary step for our country -everyone deserves to know if what our President did was against the law or if it was legal. Democrats aren't digging into this because they don't like the President; it's because there are serious accusations that have been made against him that need to be further investigated. If they are true, then he should be removed from office. If the accusations prove false, then President Trump can maintain his office and the country can move forward.

Thoughts, attorneys and/or legal experts?

Really? The whistleblower report does not match the call transcript.
I don't have time to respond to all of your post, but here's an analysis article comparing the whistleblower complaint with the call transcript using direct quotes. It finds an extremely close match.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...accurate-white-house-keeps-showing-how-it-is/

But who cares? The transcript itself is damning enough. "But first, we'd like this favor..." Plus Trump and team have STOPPED DENYING the allegation. Have you not noticed that? Their statements have gone from "we didn't do it" to "it's perfectly fine that we did it."

The idea that telling China or Ukraine that they ought to investigate an apparent crime is a crime in and of itself is ridiculous.

What specific crime did the Bidens commit?

Also, it is in fact a crime to solicit a foreign government to investigate your political rival. It's actually very straightforward.

IMO you cannot undo an election over any of that, but those are the things the anti-Trump crowd is trying to turn into impeachable offenses

Impeachment does not undo an election, Trump still got to be president, and impeachment doesn't automatically make Hillary president. That's not how this works. In fact the constitution explicitly lays out a path for removal of presidents who are not fulfilling their oaths of office, and places it in the hands of the most directly representative branch of the government. That branches power was recently handed to the Democrats by the people in a recent election.

If people are so opposed to him then they have a clear remedy and the date is approaching.
If someone is committing crimes to help themselves win an upcoming election, that is to say cheating, the remedy isn't to simply hold that election. That's garbage logic.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Pence's son was doing the exact same things that Hunter Biden did that we'd be in the midst of a full blown investigation,
You mean, make money overseas while his dad was vice president? Why then are the Trump children not in the midst of full blown investigations?