What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

former Republican Governor Ridge and director of homeland security:

“I am disappointed and troubled by the very fact that my president – and he is my president – would ask a foreign leader of a troubled country who’s been besieged by an enemy of the United States, to do him a political favor,” said Mr. Ridge.

“As far as I’m concerned, it is abuse of power.”

Go Trump!
Dow gains 10,000th point since Trump's election
Market surge heightens stakes in 2020
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/dow-gains-10000th-point-since-trumps-election

This is when you guys give your excuses as to why the market growth has nothing to to with Trump. Why Obama gave Trump the good economy, etc.

Here is a great article from 2016 on how Trump would affect the economy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/10/donald-trump-business/505097/

haha, facts matter

slightly dated, but message remains. Markets performed better under Obama. The same people who were whining about America being no longer great and how terrible the stock market was under Obama now come out with more lies.

https://fortune.com/2019/11/01/trump-obama-markets-comparison-s-and-p-500-dow-nasdaq-economy/

And since you can't shake a tree near the white house without a Russian falling out: Giuliani's work in Ukraine, the Lev Parnas arm of this scandal, is being financed by Dmitry Firtash - under indictment in the US for activities as part of Russian organized crime and, wait for it, in exile from the Ukraine for activities in the Yanukovich administration - supported by Paul Manafort.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...m-ukrainian-oligarch-prosecutor-idUSKBN1YL26B

There aren't really all that many names at play. You just gotta pay attention to keep them straight.

The gift that keeps on giving here is you can almost guarantee any Russian name plausibly connected to Trump is almost guaranteed to be linked to Hillary Clinton. Do you know who Firtash's lawyer in that 2014 USJD indictment was? Clinton's lawyer and good friend, Lanny Davis.

Clinton has deep ties, and everywhere in Russia. What do you all think of Skolkovo and the millions HC has gained from that venture? Anyone read what uS Army, FMSO had to say about that one? @Red you may be the only leftie here not too scared to look at that one.

Excellent article explaining impeachment.

https://babylonbee.com/news/the-bee-explains-impeachment?

Impeachment can be confusing. But The Babylon Bee is here with an explainer so you will know how the process works and what it takes for Dems to snap their fingers together and make Trump disappear in a cloud of dust.

What is impeachment?

It's the official, constitutional method for screaming at the sky because Trump is president.

Why is Trump being impeached?

Trump has committed some very serious offenses, from not being a Democrat to being a Republican. He also won the 2016 election, which rises to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors. He also restored the celebration of Christmas after eight years of winter with no Christmas under Obama. This drove Dems up a wall so they drummed up some charges against him.

Why didn't Democrats include any criminal offenses in the articles of impeachment?

There were just so many of them, it was hard to pick one. So, instead of laying out actually impeachable offenses, the Democrats summarized it all with two main articles of impeachment: 1.) Trump is president. 2.) TRUMP IS PRESIDENT.

What does it take to remove the president from office?

Faith, trust, and pixie dust.

Will Trump be removed from office?

Lol.

If we believe in ourselves and try hard, and Trump is removed, Hillary Clinton becomes president, right?

Actually, Mike Pence would become president, basically making the United States into a Handmaid's Tale-style dystopia.

What happens if Trump is impeached in the House but acquitted in the Senate?

Democrats don't get the big prize, but they each get a complimentary copy of Impeachment: The Board Game.

Once the House votes to officially impeach President Trump, what happens next?

Trump wins the 2020 election.
Hmmmm

The Babylon Bee is a news satire website that publishes satirical articles on religion, politics, current events, and well-known public figures. With intentional irony, the site describes itself as "the world’s best satire site, totally inerrant in all its truth claims."[1] It has been referred to in the media as the Christian version of The Onion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Babylon_Bee

The gift that keeps on giving here is you can almost guarantee any Russian name plausibly connected to Trump is almost guaranteed to be linked to Hillary Clinton. Do you know who Firtash's lawyer in that 2014 USJD indictment was? Clinton's lawyer and good friend, Lanny Davis.

Clinton has deep ties, and everywhere in Russia. What do you all think of Skolkovo and the millions HC has gained from that venture? Anyone read what uS Army, FMSO had to say about that one? @Red you may be the only leftie here not too scared to look at that one.

This is a PERFECT example of false equivalency that is designed to rope in the casual reader into concluding "both sides."

Giuliani is the current personal lawyer of Donald Trump, and is working the Parnas/Firtash angle as part of that work. The affidavits he spread around about the Ukrainian special prosecutor came from Firtash's extradition hearing. He gave those affidavits to John Solomon and used the work product from the Firtash hearings as part of his representation of Trump. The story that Firtash is using as part of his attempt to fight a US extradition is that his prosecution is politically motivated and a hoax. This works arm in arm with Giuliani's representation of Trump: that the Russian investigation is a politically motivated hoax. The Parnas/Firtash work is inextricably linked to the work Giluani is doing for Trump. Firtash seeks to avoid prosecution and prison time on the same basis that Trump seeks to smear his opponents and seek legal vindication.

The argument you are advancing, is that Lanny Davis worked for Hillary Clinton and knows her personally and also works for Firtash. The aim is to state that Clinton's fortunes are equally linked to Firtash as Donald's. The linkages between Davis' work for Clinton and Davis' link for Firtash don't exist.

Key differences:

Time: Davis represented Bill Clinton between 1996 to 1998. He began representing Firtash in 2014. There is a 20 year span between the projects, as opposed to joint and simultaneous interests. Davis showed up in the hillary email leak writing a pretty embarassing email in 2015 where he asked Hillary to say nice things about him to the press. That's the only link to Hillary.

Unity of Interest: There is no connection between the work being done for Firtash and any work done for the Clintons.

Unity of Issues: Work for the Clinton White House was largely about campaign finance issues (remember that whole gross "Chinese delegates in the Lincoln bedroom" thing back when the GOP really cared about any degree of foreign influence?). The Firtash representation is a criminal issue related to work for organized crime bribing officials for mining permits. There is no connection between the two issues.

The way to muddy the waters: "I can find two instances of the same name connected to Trump and Clinton; clearly they are both the same. Democrats and the GOP are equivalent."

Critical thought is time consuming and hard, but it's what we need to not swallow each other whole.

Cool. We should impeach Hillary too then right?
You start the impeach Hillary thread and I promise I will post in there that I also want her impeached.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I need my weekly allowance of you. Only reason I haven't ignored you is I know you know you're being stupid.

Can't uh... can't say the same for some other others

No. Whats really going on in your mind is you are second guessing yourself. You know franklin is a smart guy and it bothers you just enough knowing that he is taking the position he is taking.

Uh oh

Tom-Stiglich-3.jpg

Looks like obstruction of congress is now also DOA. Let's call it Colton's silly little list. I think that captures the biased media hype well enough. The charges are all falling apart and rooted out for the nonsense they are. Every Trumped up charge and purposeful misreading of law has so far fallen flat. Let's cover the main 3:

-Russiagate: made up by Clinton's and Fusion GOS
-Taking info is violation of FEC law: silly myth.
-Obstruction of Congress: SC says nope, duh. Of course Congress doesn't play judge, jury, executioner, and afterlife god just because the never trumpers want him gone.

So now what are we left with on Colton's silly list? Unpresidential conduct. Trump says things people don't like. That and asking Ukraine to investigate corruption oh me, oh my!
You are delusional.

@idestroyedthetoilet is back to posting but is dodging his completely baseless and hurtful false allegations against me.

Cowards are going to cower, I suppose.

Liars are going to lie.

You do know that, between the Soros fixation and Pepe the frog, Garrison is signaling his white nationalism? You OK with that?

And globalism... the sign right next to the Soros owl reads “Globalism.” white supremacists always associate Jews with an “international Jewry” which is devoted to enriching itself and impoverishing whites and Christianity.

This insane letter is the best example on why Trump is unfit for office that I’ve seen in a long long time. It’s unhinged. If your boss wrote something like this, you’d all be calling for him to get some help. This guy is our president:

This insane letter is the best example on why Trump is unfit for office that I’ve seen in a long long time. It’s unhinged. If your boss wrote something like this, you’d all be calling for him to get some help. This guy is our president:

I was struck by the last line: "I write this letter to you for the purpose of history, and to put my thoughts on a permanent and indelible record".

He actually thinks it's good idea to prove to future historians and future generations of Americans that, yes, we did put a nutjob in the Oval Office.

Half of our populace don't deserve the freedoms won by the blood of Americans since before the U.S. Revolution. Those people deserve a dictator. They deserve a king. And you know what? They would be happy to live like that. They are not Americans. They are beholden to Trump, not America. The term sheeple has never been more appropriate in American politics.