What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Can anyone guess when women started being allowed outside the house to work? About the same time they burned their bras in protest, and were allowed to wear jeans to school.
Allowed? Lol
My mom worked all my life. (I was born in the 70's)
Difference is she didn't work because she had to in order to pay the bills like so many mom's have to today.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Allowed? Lol
My mom worked all my life. (I was born in the 70's)
Difference is she didn't work because she had to in order to pay the bills like so many mom's have to today.

I understand you live in chicken little land. How do you guys rationalize chained PCE being roughly 5x today than 1970? So much richer back then with 1/5th stuff.

Agreed. But if trump was a Democrat and the house was majority Republican and they impeached him on the same grounds with the same evidence and the Senate was majority Democrat then I can't say for certain that it wouldn't go down in a similar manner.

It's where I kind of feel we are as a country.

One thing I want to correct, impeachment wasn’t partisan. Justin Amash is as far from being a progressive liberal as anyone in the House and even he voted to impeach. Seems like the problem resides with the GOP.

I completely disagree about Obama. In 2013 shortly after the Sandy Hook shooting, the Obama admin proposed an assault weapons ban. It died in the senate when 15 Democrats joined republicans in killing it. Had we seen the same partisanship by Democrats as we see By Republicans, that wouldn’t have happened.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/15-democrats-helped-tank-2013-assault-weapons-ban/story?id=50275295

Guys, remember, Obama was in hot water for weeks because he wore a tan suit. His party lost he midterms, not because they were actively working against our intelligence agencies to help coverup a scheme with Russia, but because they passed modest health care reform.

Describing the two parties partisanship level as equal, might sound nice, but it just isn’t based on fact based evidence. The GOP increasingly is the outlier party for illiberal democracy and extremism (if DC evidence enough of this, google “Shea Oregon.” Looks like their Legislature has a Republican White supremacist being investigated for domestic terrorism).

He’s knocking them out of the ballpark today...

oh, and Democrats are totally losing this impeachment war. I mean, just look at how hot obsessed Trump is with it.

That story was added to the "150 Terrorists Invade Oregon" thread....

I remember when I was attacked nonstop on this site for calling the Bundy klan, “domestic terrorists.” I’ve known about the 3 percenters for quite some time. People don’t listen to us experts because reading is too hard and tv tells us both parties are the same and Obama wants to take your guns.

Just a coincidence I’m sure. Clearly Pompeo isn’t trying to get Taylor out of the way just like Marie Yankovich, in order to better crime for Trump. After all, Trump is completely innocent and no one in his inner circle condones criming. Which is why they’ve all willingly testified of Trump’s innocent at the impeachment hearings.

I’m sure Democrats would’ve tolerated this behavior if Clinton or Obama had done the exact same...

Closet Trumper.

I’ll say. Either that or he Has an irrational cynicism towards political parties. Over 2,000 historians now:

Over 600 prosecutors now:

But sure... “Allegedly” and only “allegedly” has he abused the office. I mean, who can tell really? Both parties are equally partisan and bad and both sides have their own facts and there’s no such thing and truth anymore.

SMH

Last edited:
Know what else is skyrocketing? Homelessness. Debt. Both parents having to work to pay the bills.
Those things get forgotten in all the great economy and low unemployment talk.
But the extremely wealthy are certainly doing better than ever.

Going back to this post, I read this morning that there are 44 million people who have student loan debt totaling 1.5 trillion dollars.
Oh and then theres this: https://money.yahoo.com/health-care...muwspyvpwc7odehx&_guc_consent_skip=1576935336

Health care costs keep going up, with no ceiling in sight. The latest 2018 national health expenditure data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) found that total national health care spending grew 4.6% last year, reaching $3.6 trillion in 2018.

And the trend is having an effect on everyday Americans. According to a recent Gallup poll, “a record 25% of Americans say they or a family member put off treatment for a serious medical condition in the past year because of the cost, up from 19% a year ago and the highest in Gallup’s trend.”
It’s not just serious conditions that aren’t receiving appropriate medical attention — the survey also found that 33% of Americans have put off treatment for any condition because of costs.

In 1970 as a nation we were spending under 0.5 trillion dollars per year on healthcare. In 2018 it was close to 4 trillion dollars and will certainly go up in 2019.

A study from the Commonwealth Fund found that in 2018, employee premiums and deductibles for both single-person and family policies rose to an average of $7,388. In nine states, the total exceeded $8,000, while the lowest rate was $5,815 in D.C. The total cost of premiums and deductibles came out to 11.5% of median income in 2018, which is up from 7.8% in 2008. This varies by state across the country.

The Gallup poll findings are in line with a previous study from the Kaiser Family Foundation that found nearly half of U.S. adults said they or a family member put off or skipped some sort of health or dental care because of cost. The data also indicated that 29% of all adults reported not taking their prescribed medicines at some point in the last year because of the cost.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the labor force participation rate among workers over 70 has jumped in recent years and is expected to continue to rise. In 1996, the rate was 12.5% among Americans aged 70-74. In 2016, it was 19.2%.

I will probably just be working right up until I die. If I'm lucky lol.

(btw, this has nothing to do with trump but I didn't want to start a new thread.)

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the labor force participation rate among workers over 70 has jumped in recent years and is expected to continue to rise. In 1996, the rate was 12.5% among Americans aged 70-74. In 2016, it was 19.2%.

I will probably just be working right up until I die. If I'm lucky lol.

(btw, this has nothing to do with trump but I didn't want to start a new thread.)
I wouldn't say nothing to do with Trump because the policies he is pursuing are exacerbating the situation.