What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Turn on CNN or MSNBC. They are saying repeatedly that Trump instructed Americans to inject Lysol into their veins and to drink bleach. Can you find an actual example of Trump saying either thing? In the quote I heard he talked about how we were able to kill the virus with cleaners on surfaces and then wondered aloud whether there was a way to clean people internally. I agree that he should not be saying such things, especially in front of media that despises him so badly.

So, your saying a profit-driven media is making a story more sensationalistic? How shocking!

I’m waiting to pick up my daughter and I’ve now read 50 articles from CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and others in the liberal mainstream media.

I have not found one case saying that trump told people to inject disinfectant or otherwise lying about what he said.

with that I’m confident in calling BS on your claim of widespread lying about what trump said.
So you read a bunch of articles, but you can't be bothered with actually going and watching the related segment of his daily "worship me or else" press conference?
Geez, dude. Watch the damn thing. Then make up your own mind if he was being sarcastic or not.
Sure as hell didn't sound sarcastic to me. Sounded deranged and detached.

I’m waiting to pick up my daughter and I’ve now read 50 articles from CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and others in the liberal mainstream media.

I have not found one case saying that trump told people to inject disinfectant or otherwise lying about what he said.

with that I’m confident in calling BS on your claim of widespread lying about what trump said.

It's all over the meme circuit though which obviously counts as MSM nowadays. Have to hold those jokesters to a higher standard.

Nixon actually was a pretty effective politician and highly intelligent. Contrasting current day resident of the White House.

true. But he also used the same strategy that Trump Would later use. He tied his campaign to a diverse America in carnage and a restoration of (white) privilege aka “silent majority.” This has been the Republican playbook since 1968. Reagan and the Bushes both used racism as a way to win. It’s called the Southern Strategy.

But no other president played the same Nixonian dirty tricks, culture war, and dark hyperbole as trump.

I mean check our this campaign ad for crying out loud. Could’ve been made by Bannon or Miller:

Silver lining is something good that comes out of a terrible situation.

So let’s say that a person reconnects with a sibling after the death of a parent, that would be a silver lining.

Contrast this to republicans who said that their number one priority was Obama election loss, more important than doing what helps the country. 100 percent of republican congressman voted against the stimulus package, without which we would have been in a depression.

So you read a bunch of articles, but you can't be bothered with actually going and watching the related segment of his daily "worship me or else" press conference?
Geez, dude. Watch the damn thing. Then make up your own mind if he was being sarcastic or not.

silesian's been pretty clear that he thinks Trump was over-the-line. I think he was just fact-checking a claim by Joe Bagadonuts.

Well...... you completely missed the point. Please read again.

It's all over the meme circuit though which obviously counts as MSM nowadays. Have to hold those jokesters to a higher standard.

twitter equals MSM? Sarcasm, I guess

Clearly you guys missed last week’s argument where it was alleged that posts of Facebook and Twitter fall under the umbrella of MSM.

I do want to say that Republicans (Trump included) Democrats, and the Fed have performed just fine on economic issues and the emergency funding measures. There were mistakes along the way, the solutions were not perfect, but anything done this fast will have that. We had no choice but to step in to the economy to mitigate the disaster, and we did. This will also be a great data point for future actions.

Economists from right and left now broadly agree that the last economic crisis (Bush/Obama) would have been better mitigated with more funding up-front. The people who were whining about inflation were nuts. That the Government cannot let the free market mitigate a disaster. During an economic crisis, we are all Keynesian (even those of us, like me, who are not fundamentally Keynesian).

The broader structural long term problem is that we are incapable as a country to pay down the debt during economic booms, so that we are not letting our grandkids pay for the mess.

not sure who “they” are. The reporting I have seen has accurately represented what trump said. So “they” us not everyone. Is it 1% wacky jobs or 10% or 20%?

I’m not sure if you are referring to one wacky reporter or headlines across the board. I read more conservative stuff from wsj and the economist, etc, do I’m not saying people are not reporting the news irresponsibly. But if I had quotes from multiple sources then we can discuss the veracity if your claim.
I didn't happen to listen to any news on the day this press conference happened. The day after the press conference I turned on CNN in my truck and they were losing their minds about how the president had instructed Americans to inject and drink bleach. I switched to Fox and they were not discussing the story. I switched to MSNBC and they were also losing their minds. They said that of all the insane things this president had done this was probably the most irresponsible. I told my wife about the story. I said that based on the reporting I have heard it sounds like he is completely in the wrong on this issue. We looked up the actual press conference and that's when we discovered that he didn't say what the CNN and MSNBC reporters were saying he had. I subsequently heard similar stories on other networks as well. My experience was that there were a large number of reporters who were claiming with complete conviction that Trump had said something that he did not actually say. When reporters behave like this it causes me to question their motives. To me it appears that they are clearly trying to influence their audience to see this story in a specific way, rather than simply reporting the facts.

I didn't happen to listen to any news on the day this press conference happened. The day after the press conference I turned on CNN in my truck and they were losing their minds about how the president had instructed Americans to inject and drink bleach. I switched to Fox and they were not discussing the story. I switched to MSNBC and they were also losing their minds. They said that of all the insane things this president had done this was probably the most irresponsible. I told my wife about the story. I said that based on the reporting I have heard it sounds like he is completely in the wrong on this issue. We looked up the actual press conference and that's when we discovered that he didn't say what the CNN and MSNBC reporters were saying he had. I subsequently heard similar stories on other networks as well. My experience was that there were a large number of reporters who were claiming with complete conviction that Trump had said something that he did not actually say. When reporters behave like this it causes me to question their motives. To me it appears that they are clearly trying to influence their audience to see this story in a specific way, rather than simply reporting the facts.
Do you hold Fox News to this same standard?

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

If you watched or listened to either CNN or MSNBC and were honest it would be impossible for you to make this claim. It's possible that they have reported the facts honestly in their written reports. In their broadcast reports they have repeatedly claimed that the president was encouraging Americans to inject Lysol and to drink bleach. They make that claim as if it's a fact.

Try listening to music while driving in your truck. It's much better than listening to politics and news. I promise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If you watched or listened to either CNN or MSNBC and were honest it would be impossible for you to make this claim. It's possible that they have reported the facts honestly in their written reports. In their broadcast reports they have repeatedly claimed that the president was encouraging Americans to inject Lysol and to drink bleach. They make that claim as if it's a fact.
You would be better off not listening to or watching cnn or msnbc.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app