What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Not sure if you’re throwing shade at Malcom, which wouldn’t be cool. Now, or ever, fwiw.

And, unfortunately, hell isn’t real, so....

not at all. Just coming up with a list of people who would make trumps life miserable.

A place in the lowest ring of hell, where he has to play poker with Maccolm X, rub Betty Friedan's feet, kneel to the shrine of Colin Kaepernick, watch a video of Trump Tower being razed, look but not touch a nude hologram of Ivanka while having a threesome with Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopie Goldberg.

I do want to clarify my post. I meant to create a list of people who would make Donnie’s life miserable. I meant to throw no shade on any of the people by implying that they deserved to be in hell with him. In fact I kinda like most of the people I put with him.

You can disagree all you like. The reality is that it's the same impact as him not showing up at all to vote for this office. Adults make choices between realistic but difficult options. It's childish to protest vote in the name of purity.

Signed,

A guy who has thrown his vote away before.
In terms of having any impact on a national election, even in a close state, voting for the front runners is the same as not voting at all. Or to use your words, voting for the two major candidates has exactly "the same impact as not showing up at all to vote for this office."
And voting third party has the exact same impact, and so does writing in a candidate. In all of those scenarios, the voter will have zero impact on the election. No national election has ever been decided by a single vote. So if you vote AT ALL you are throwing away your vote by any reasonable definition, because it is meaningless in terms of actually impacting the election.

In terms of having any impact on a national election, even in a close state, voting for the front runners is the same as not voting at all. Or to use your words, voting for the two major candidates has exactly "the same impact as not showing up at all to vote for this office."
And voting third party has the exact same impact, and so does writing in a candidate. In all of those scenarios, the voter will have zero impact on the election. No national election has ever been decided by a single vote. So if you vote AT ALL you are throwing away your vote by any reasonable definition, because it is meaningless in terms of actually impacting the election.
In other words, @sirkickyass, in the election where you "threw away your vote," what would have been different if you had voted for one of the two major candidates? Nothing at all. In 2016 I voted for McMullin. What would have been different if I had voted for Trump or Clinton? Absolutely nothing. In this election what will change if @Zombie were to vote for Trump, Biden, or someone else? Nothing. So how can you make any sort of logical argument that that is throwing away our votes? You can't.

In other words, @sirkickyass, in the election where you "threw away your vote," what would have been different if you had voted for one of the two major candidates? Nothing at all. In 2016 I voted for McMullin. What would have been different if I had voted for Trump or Clinton? Absolutely nothing. In this election what will change if @Zombie were to vote for Trump, Biden, or someone else? Nothing. So how can you make any sort of logical argument that that is throwing away our votes? You can't.
What about if hundreds of thousands of people whose main preference would be anybody but trump decide to vote 3rd party or write in?

Would hundreds of thousands of votes have a chance at impacting the election?

When I read posts like kickys I read it as if he is talking to everyone who hates trump but will vote for a non Biden person.

I think that will be a pretty large number of people that could have a pretty large affect on the election.

If ya really want trump gone then you vote for the person with the best chance of beating trump. Otherwise you don't really want trump gone that bad imo.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
What about if hundreds of thousands of people whose main preference would be anybody but trump decide to vote 3rd party or write in?

When I read posts like kickys I read it as if he is talking to everyone who hates trump but will vote for a non Biden person.

I think that will be a pretty large number of people that could have a pretty large affect on the election.

If ya really want trump gone then you vote for the person with the best chance of beating trump. Otherwise you don't really want trump gone that bad imo.
I have and likely will again at some point vote for either a third party candidate or none of the above. In this particular election I want to give Trump's main opponent the biggest margin of victory possible so that there can be no question other than the American people don't want Trump to be their President anymore.

Kind of sucks that such an uninspiring person is Trump's main opponent. I really do hope that I can get excited about the VP pick. I'd love it the most if Biden wins, does one or two things he wants to accomplish as President to secure his "legacy" and then steps down for health reasons.

If Biden whifs on the VP pick I'm concerned for the general election. He needs to knock that **** all the way out of the park.

In this election, now that the sexual assault/rape allegations against Biden have fallen apart, I'm expecting that I'll vote for Biden. That can change. I don't really care for or about Biden. I don't need a diamond to replace a turd, I just need something that isn't a turd.

The only time your vote counts would be an election decided by one vote in a state whose outcome changed the overall electoral results. So we should all not vote. And turn our fate over to others.

Hundreds of thousands, sure. But not an individual. And to state the obvious, decisions are made by individuals. And kicky's comments were made to an individual.

The only time your vote counts would be an election decided by one vote in a state whose outcome changed the overall electoral results. So we should all not vote. And turn our fate over to others.
There are many reasons to vote. But doing so in order to personally influence a national election is not one of them. So don't shame people who vote third party. That's my message.

My biggest concern about the election right now is Trump or his peeps physically prohibiting, blocking or slowing blacks from voting...or Bush/Gore 2.0.

I love the movement to get more blacks registered to vote. But if people **** with them, that’s a major issue. I’m any sort of a black with major power, I consider hiring a film crew at every major location where this type of **** has happened or is likely to happen and also have such powerful, black men stationed at those locations to prevent such shenanigans. Joe Racist might **** with a bunch of regular black folk. I think they’d stand down if Lebron showed. Or Michael Jordan showed. Etc.

Hundreds of thousands, sure. But not an individual. And to state the obvious, decisions are made by individuals. And kicky's comments were made to an individual.
Gotta start somewhere. Maybe kicky could convince you to vote against trump (Biden) and then convince others. And maybe you go ahead and convince others too. Then the snowball gets rolling. Then hundreds of thousands of individuals like yourself end up voting Biden and end up being the difference in the election and kick trump out of the Whitehouse. I mean if that is even something you really want.

No room for being the change you want to see in others?

There would have to a be a fundamental structural change in America that would allow for more than two competitive parties for such a change to be in the realm of imagination.

Realistically, we don't have a way for a party to "die" in this country peacefully.

I think you're making a pretty significant error and leap in logic in assuming that any vote that is not the "critical" vote (or threshold deciding vote) is irrelevant. That's your definitional issue, not mine.

First past the post voting in this country means that there are structural factors that tend to narrow the field to two realistic candidates. Otherwise you get vote splitting and a strengthening of whichever party the third party "spoiler" candidate is actually least aligned with. We've seen this play out in this country so many times I can't believe it even needs to be explained.

No single vote among those two columns is the "threshold vote" even in an election decided by a single vote, because it's impossible to know the vote counts in advance in a freely held and anonymized election. Instead every vote is added to the accumulation of votes that goes towards getting "past the post." Even in an election decided by a single vote any individual vote in that pile added to the accumulation required to win - not just the final vote cast.

As practical matter, under the system as it currently exists, all the rules strongly favor pooling into two lanes because those are the two that can actually win. Every other vote effectively is null. Sorry. That's the way it is. You wasted your vote in 2016 other than I guess it made you feel better. I wasted my vote in 2012 basically just to say I voted for a female candidate. That was dumb too.

There's always a handful of exceptions to what I'm describing above that require regional explanations of local voting patterns. Lisa MurKowski's write-in campaign probably being the best example. But in the presidential election I feel very comfortable with the above until proven wrong.

Gotta start somewhere. Maybe kicky could convince you to vote against trump (Biden) and then convince others. And maybe you go ahead and convince others too. Then the snowball gets rolling. Then hundreds of thousands of individuals like yourself end up voting Biden and end up being the difference in the election and kick trump out of the Whitehouse. I mean if that is even something you really want.

Oh, I plan to vote for Biden. And I will attempt to persuade many people to do the same. But shaming people for voting third party by saying they are wasting their votes is still wrong. And logically indefensible.