What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Hey, you’re not the one going back. No skin off your back.

Not to mention that Trump wants schools to go back as it's more of a return to normalcy which he feels will help his bid. It's all political - the longer things go where people are reminded of how upended our lives are is another black eye for our response and another memory at the voting booth.

The simple reality is this: go to any public school classroom in Utah, consider that 30 kids are in each class and figure out a way to space those desks six feet apart. Spoiler: you can't. For a real laugh, try and do this in a modular classroom like most of our schools have.

Not to mention that Trump wants schools to go back as it's more of a return to normalcy which he feels will help his bid. It's all political - the longer things go where people are reminded of how upended our lives are is another black eye for our response and another memory at the voting booth.

The simple reality is this: go to any public school classroom in Utah, consider that 30 kids are in each class and figure out a way to space those desks six feet apart. Spoiler: you can't. For a real laugh, try and do this in a modular classroom like most of our schools have.
It also feels like a miscalculation on his part imo. I understand it's a burden on a lot of people to not have their kids in a classroom for eight hours a day, but it's become the new normal (and there are things we could do, but won't, to mitigate this). But schools opening and then having to close again when outbreaks start happening is only going to cause more chaos in the fall.

Didn’t really think we needed another MeToo thread. But this seems noteworthy. Sounds like Fox News still hasn’t changed much.

I’m shocked that Hannity and Carlson are scumbags.

Slow your roll on that one. Putin literally just charged a regional governor with murder for winning an election he was supposed to lose.

Putinj and Xi are both expanding their power dramatically, in obvious response and alarm at what is going on in the US.

I don't know what this tweet actually was supposed to say. I don't understand that grammar so I'd have concerns with this guy's ability to communicate in a communication job.

But if you're worried about sexism, then this should really bug you.

We are in the middle of a pandemic and horrible racial unrest and two Republican men refer to a fellow Congresswoman and POC like this? Have you demanded that Rep Yoho apologize to Rep. AOC? Or are you only pretending to care about racism and sexism? I'll await your response @Heathme

Barr has over deployed the strategy of long winded explanations of things that only require a simple short answer. He does this to prevent his questioners from making their point. He's done it every time I've seen him testify. Obviously some representatives are not going to play that game with him anymore.