What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

obama was criticized relentlessly for one time saying something about keeping doctors and for wearing a tan suit. This revisionist history Trumpers are telling about Obama’s 8 year honeymoon with the media is laughably false. We all remember the criticisms. From pastors and ACORN to Obamacare and stimulus to birth certificates and debt to shutdowns to latte salutes to Sylondra to tan suits and Jimmy Fallon to Ukraine and ISIL and Benghazi. Obama was attacked relentlessly. The problem is, most of the stuff he was criticized for pales in comparison to trump.
He's not saying Obama wouldn't be criticized at all, but that left wing news wouldn't have.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

This isn't true. If Obama called it a hoax when it clearly wasn't he would get criticized.

Well obviously Obama wouldn't say the exact same things as Trump. But in terms of the actions being taken right now like quarantine, cancellation of European flights, stimulus package, etc, Obama could have taken the same measures with the same timing and would be getting praised by the liberal media.

Anyways, there's no point in arguing this as you don't even acknowledge that there is such thing as liberal websites, which is utterly ridiculous and naive to not acknowledge.

Well obviously Obama wouldn't say the exact same things as Trump. But in terms of the actions being taken right now like quarantine, cancellation of European flights, stimulus package, etc, Obama could have taken the same measures with the same timing and would be getting praised by the liberal media.

Anyways, there's no point in arguing this as you don't even acknowledge that there is such thing as liberal websites, which is utterly ridiculous and naive to not acknowledge.
Im in favor of the things Trump's doing now. He's not being criticized for the things he's doing now, not by cnn, other than the legit opinion that it should have been done sooner.

I also never denied left leaning news exists. Can you admit fox is more right leaning than most of the left leaning news outlets?

this seems relevant to this discussion. Or is he just part of the “left wing media?”

US intelligence reports in Jan. and Feb warned of a coming pandemic...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u...ry-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/ar-BB11udi8

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting....

...“Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were — they just couldn’t get him to do anything about it,” this official said. “The system was blinking red.”

...Inside the White House, Trump’s advisers struggled to get him to take the virus seriously, according to multiple officials with knowledge of meetings among those advisers and with the president.

I’m not sure why any more words of frustration are uttered on this idiot. His followers love it. They’re fueled by it.

The tone needs to change. Somehow or another. Anger doesn’t help. Find out what demographic of his can be calmly and intelligently swayed and make sure Biden reaches them somehow or another.

Last edited:
US intelligence reports in Jan. and Feb warned of a coming pandemic...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u...ry-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/ar-BB11udi8

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting....

...“Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were — they just couldn’t get him to do anything about it,” this official said. “The system was blinking red.”

...Inside the White House, Trump’s advisers struggled to get him to take the virus seriously, according to multiple officials with knowledge of meetings among those advisers and with the president.

hmmm. You are using facts and aren’t worshiping the Great Leader. Do you work for the left wing media?

Right. Except Trump was in fact promoting false hope, and that's why Alexander's questions caused him to melt down. Furthermore, the question Trump blew up on was a softball question delivered on a silver platter. Alexander gave the president the opportunity to say something reassuring, and Trump blew it. So please, don't be ridiculous....

Alexander's question was completely appropriate, not politically charged at all. Like Harry Truman said, "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen". It is YOU who are leaving out relevant parts of the briefing!! YOU left out what happened immediately before Alexander's "false hope" question.

Why the hell would anybody think Trump must somehow be protected from tough questions? News flash: it comes with the job. Duh!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...d-him-calm-scared-americans-terrible-n1165031

"Trump’s latest personal broadside on the media came at a news briefing in which he appeared to minimize the fears of the American public by saying there was cause for optimism about drug therapies for coronavirus — treatments that one of his top government scientists had said were not at all proven.

At the Trump administration's coronavirus task force's daily briefing, Trump’s director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Dr. Anthony Fauci, made clear that any evidence about drug therapies being tested at the moment was strictly “anecdotal” and not the product of a “clinical trial.”

“You really can’t make any definitive statement about it,” Fauci said.

Moments earlier, Fauci was asked whether there was any evidence that one such drug— hydroxychloroquine — might be used as an effective prophylactic measure against coronavirus.

"The answer is no," Fauci replied.

Trump nevertheless said that he felt "good" about the treatments and that the federal government had already ordered "millions of units" of them.

NBC News’ Peter Alexander, a White House correspondent and a weekend anchor of "TODAY," then asked Trump whether his “positive spin” regarding the potential treatments was giving Americans false hope.

“Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things may be giving Americans a false sense of hope?” Alexander asked.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Trump, pissed that Alexander recognized false hope when he saw it, blew his chance to show empathy with a softball gift wrapped and handed to him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/20/national-crisis-president-incapable-empathy/

"You may say that this is a less important part of the job of president than actually running the government and making good decisions. But every president is called upon to reflect and tend to the country’s psyche, sometimes over limited traumas and sometimes over larger ones. And when they do it well, we remember it for years, even decades.

So we remember Bill Clinton’s speech after the Oklahoma City bombing. We remember George W. Bush’s impromptu speech at Ground Zero in New York:

I can hear you, the rest of the world hears you, and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!

We remember Barack Obama wiping away a tear as he spoke of the children murdered in Newtown, Conn.:

This evening Michelle and I will do what I know every parent in America will do, which is hug our children a little tighter, and we’ll tell them that we love them, and we’ll remind each other how deeply we love one another. But there are families in Connecticut who cannot do that tonight. And they need all of us right now.

We remember Ronald Reagan addressing the nation’s schoolchildren after the Challenger disaster, telling them he knew they were confused and hurt, but adding:

The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted. It belongs to the brave. The Challenger crew was pulling us into the future, and we’ll continue to follow them.

Trump will never deliver great rhetoric, because he isn’t a good orator and the people who write his speeches aren’t very good either. But Trump is so focused on himself that he can’t even understand when he’s being given an opportunity to express empathy, as Peter Alexander gave him".
Trump handled this situation like the *** that he is, but to suggest that Peter Alexander was delivering a softball or trying to offer him some sort of opportunity is ridiculous.

"Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things may be giving American's a false sense of hope?" That is not a softball designed to give the president an opportunity to express empathy. That is a direct suggestion that the way the president is handling the situation is wrong.

Is it true that the Justice Department has lost Flynn's records? Flynn is no Jack the Ripper. I doubt he would have gone through all of this if he hadn't been associated with Trump. They fried the guy mostly because they believed breaking him would be a key to taking down the president.

I tried at the time to find more information on that claim, but I was unable. I tried again just now, but could find nothing that would help me understand the president's statement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...37ddfe-66e4-11ea-9923-57073adce27c_story.html

"So now it is reported that, after destroying his life & the life of his wonderful family (and many others also), the FBI, working in conjunction with the Justice Department, has ‘lost’ the records of General Michael Flynn,” Trump said in a tweet. “How convenient. I am strongly considering a Full Pardon!”

It is unclear what records Trump was referencing when he alleged that the Justice Department had “lost” material related to the case.

Sidney Powell, Flynn’s attorney, has argued in court that prosecutors have not turned over certain documents to Flynn and his legal team that might be exculpatory, but her allegations have been disputed by prosecutors and rejected by the federal judge overseeing the case. No new filings have been made in the case in several weeks.

Trump handled this situation like the *** that he is, but to suggest that Peter Alexander was delivering a softball or trying to offer him some sort of opportunity is ridiculous.

"Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things may be giving American's a false sense of hope?" That is not a softball designed to give the president an opportunity to express empathy. That is a direct suggestion that the way the president is handling the situation is wrong.

No, no, no. The softball was Alexander's second question, I'll have to paraphrase, its not in front of me right now, but the question, in effect was, "what do you say to the millions of Americans who are scared right now?". I think that's close, if not exact. THAT is a softball question, in which the president could have demonstrated empathy and said something reassuring.

Instead, I assume he was still pissed by Alexander's first question, and he lashed out at the reporter instead. I made it pretty clear in my post. You could have read both links from which I extracted what is in my post. But I guess you did not.

Dr. Fauci downplayed the usefulness of the drugs mentioned. Trump then promoted those drugs. Alexander asked an appropriate question.

Furthermore, Alexander did not say "you are absolutely conveying false hope" He asked if it were possible that Trump was conveying false hope. Tough questions come with the job. "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

It seems clear that you are confusing the first question for the second, softball, question. I don't know why, but it seems clear you are. And I made an effort to show that in my post by including the two article links.

OK, here was the full softball question, right at the 2nd link I left. If you could not access that link, you surely could have found it elsewhere. Pay attention. The first link covered the first question. The second link covered the second question. I did not spell out that second question, because it was right there in the tweet I posted a few posts earlier. Again, try paying attention. Sorry, but I should not have to be clarifying this for you, if you simply read my post.

(Edit: I posted the second, softball question, into the post Joe Bagadonuts quoted, so others will not make the same mistake he did. So, I will take some responsibility for his confusion. But, that softball question was already present in both the tweet and YouTube clip I posted previously in the thread.)

"What do you say to Americans who are scared, though? I guess nearly 200 dead, 14,000 who are sick, millions, as you witnessed, who are scared right now. What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now, who are scared?"

And that, sir, is a softball question. And you would have to be out in left field somewhere if you do not recognize Trump was, with that question, offered an opportunity by Alexander. How is that not an opportunity to speak from the heart to the American people? But Trump blew his opportunity. I stand exactly by what I said.

Last edited:
"I'm dealing with a ****ing global crises"

Lol good for Bernie as these idiot reporters are looking for any type to get people pissed. The irony is that Bernie is not doing anything at all and he's already overwhelmed lol. Sadly grown *** adults get triggered because someone was mean to a main stream reporter. I think Bernie is a rat but I'm not going to cry when he goes off on reporters, especially ones with an agenda.

Bleep the main stream media
Bleep snowflake culture

I trust the issue has been clarified sufficiently. I did presume, that by the time I posted the comment that you replied to, that, surely, by that point in the thread, everyone would understand what question triggered Trump. It had, after all, already been made clear what that question was. However, since it's possible not everyone was paying close enough attention to which question it was that caused Trump's eruption, I edited the post in question accordingly.

No, no, no. The softball was Alexander's second question, I'll have to paraphrase, its not in front of me right now, but the question, in effect was, "what do you say to the millions of Americans who are scared right now?". I think that's close, if not exact. THAT is a softball question, in which the president could have demonstrated empathy and said something reassuring.

Instead, I assume he was still pissed by Alexander's first question, and he lashed out at the reporter instead. I made it pretty clear in my post. You could have read both links from which I extracted what is in my post. But I guess you did not.

Dr. Fauci downplayed the usefulness of the drugs mentioned. Trump then promoted those drugs. Alexander asked an appropriate question.

Furthermore, Alexander did not say "you are absolutely conveying false hope" He asked if it were possible that Trump was conveying false hope. Tough questions come with the job. "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

It seems clear that you are confusing the first question for the second, softball, question. I don't know why, but it seems clear you are. And I made an effort to show that in my post by including the two article links.

OK, here was the full softball question, right at the 2nd link I left. If you could not access that link, you surely could have found it elsewhere. Pay attention. The first link covered the first question. The second link covered the second question. I did not spell out that second question, because it was right there in the tweet I posted a few posts earlier. Again, try paying attention. Sorry, but I should not have to be clarifying this for you, if you simply read my post.

(Edit: I posted the second, softball question, into the post Joe Bagadonuts quoted, so others will not make the same mistake he did. So, I will take some responsibility for his confusion. But, that softball question was already present in both the tweet and YouTube clip I posted previously in the thread.)

"What do you say to Americans who are scared, though? I guess nearly 200 dead, 14,000 who are sick, millions, as you witnessed, who are scared right now. What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now, who are scared?"

And that, sir, is a softball question. And you would have to be out in left field somewhere if you do not recognize Trump was, with that question, offered an opportunity by Alexander. How is that not an opportunity to speak from the heart to the American people? But Trump blew his opportunity. I stand exactly by what I said.
The problem is that the second question does not exist in a separate universe from the first. Alexander already indicated that he disagrees with the president's handling. After the president explained himself on that point then Alexander asked his second question which, if you listen to the audio, was not laid out as a softball at all. I think Trump could definitely have handled it better, but I also completely disagree with the characterization that Alexander was lobbing him softballs.

In case you can't remember, this is what a softball looks like:
Jim Acosta asks Obama about his "best week ever."

this seems relevant to this discussion. Or is he just part of the “left wing media?”

The (temporary) defeat of smallpox was achieved by vaccines, not travel restrictions, and with the waning vaccination program, it has found its way back. There are more vectors for most viral diseases than just the human vector, and we obviously have not vaccinated all the critters we sometimes eat marginally cooked.

And even a has-been world-class expert in one line can be just wrong in another.

(edit)

So I took a while, and looked up this guy and watched some of his speeches, and learned a lot. Smallpox is believed to be something that has no animal reservoir,it was transmissible only human to human, but thousands of years at work and one of the all-time worst diseases humans ever have faced, and we believe it was done circa 1980. Pictures of the disease are still available, and if there were any case it would be immediate news. So it has not found its way back. I was wrong. Dead wrong. I was thinking of something else that has resurged, maybe about T.B. My grandfather had TB, so I have always been checked for it. One of my brothers tests positive for the antibodies. at any rate, smallpox is not being reported, and we know of no possible reservoirs that could ever lead to its resurgence, other than a few laboratories that still have materials that could be released.....

So, even a world-class armchair expert on everything is obviously wrong in this case.

So Larry Brilliant did not appear to be as critical of Trump as some of the professional Trump critics want to make it out.

Larry's idea is "Early detection/early response", meaning we have to get the test kits out, and available to the extent that we could go door-to-door with the kits and test absolutely everyone. Isolate and eradicate.

He says it simply was impractical to just vaccinate everyone. Far more effective and possible to assemble an army of 150,000 volunteers going door to door all over India.... I'm kidding a bit here.....

I don't think any vaccine can be 100% effective, and in my experience, the methods used in making vaccines involve several kinds of risk, including transmission of the very thing you're trying to vaccinate out of existence. A 0.01% transmission rate is not uncommon for a vaccine.

But broad vaccination programs do kill epidemics 100%. Not isolated occurrence, but serious public outbreaks. A good vaccination program is in general protective of large populations living at close quarters.

So, anyway, the criticism of Trump's sometimes "calming" but factually untrue assertions has to be acknowledged. The defense of Trump consists of the things he has done sometimes without publicity, at the advice of his professional advisors in this field of health care. And the way we have worked together, perhaps as antagonists, to get the word out that this pandemic is real. And what we need to do about it.

I continue to hope there are more economically efficient ways we can overcome a pandemic like this. Knowledge is always going to be our most effective path to cure anything.

Do more research, prepare in advance for more pandemics any way we can. Look for all the possible needs, and develop a rapid response when something is beginning.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why any more words of frustration are uttered on this idiot. His followers love it. They’re fueled by it.

The tone needs to change. Somehow or another. Anger doesn’t help. Find out what demographic of his can be calmly and intelligently swayed and make sure Biden reaches them somehow or another.

as per some posts above, Biden has been more refractory against taking CoViD seriously than Trump has been......

Is that Trump's overall approval rating or the approval of his handling of COVID-19 this week vs last week.

FWIW I approve of the fact that Trump is no longer calling COVID-19 a hoax.

The way we read, or take, or understand others in terms of our own set points is exemplified in this particular point.

I have no doubt that our msm is looking for political wrecking balls to swing at Trump, as well as I have no doubts that Trump has, now at least, realized quite well the serious implications of the pandemic. He is doing all the solid advisory warnings throughout his administration, at every level, and trying to get the public responses needed, while doing everything he can from his office.

So I think his response to Alexander is to be expected. You'd do the same to me if you felt you were being harassed unnecessarily.

Who is "they?”. The judge and or jury that convicted and sentenced him?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Trump made the decision to relieve him of his job in his administration. It was the FBI and the panel of Hillary lawyers who called themselves a Justice-Dept authorized investigation committee on Russian interference/assistance in our elections who trumped up the charges and prosecuted Flynn for being a known critic of FBI and other Executive Dept. deep-state Obama holdovers doing illegal stuff to begin with. This is sheer political vengeance, of the most horrid partisan sort.

Trump would have suffered intolerable media for years if he had stood up for Flynn all along the way. In the end, it is Americans who believe in justice for all, who have worked tirelessly and who have donated millions for his defense, who have pushed our corrupt bureaucrats to the point where they have illegally resorted to burning their own records, or "losing the records".

It's a felony to so obstruct justice, and we have a lot of bureaucrats whom we should send to jail, and make a big hullabaloo about it, to make an example of them so our horrid "Resistance" volunteers on the public payroll, who are so devoted to their cause that not only will they lie like hell, but break every law on the books if necessary, to "Get Trump".

The judge on the case is an Obama asset/democrat partisan who has violated established judicial protocols to help push for the wrong conviction, and denied access to material that would have exonerated Flynn before any unbiased jury. Jury-packing might be one of the issues here.

But the tenacious defense attorney has done an incredible job nobody ever expected, and the whole railroad team is on the run now.