What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Warning. Stupidly alert!

Or....taking stupid where stupid has never been...

Last edited:
Oh. And $33 million to NOAA to combat the Corona virus.

What is the NOAA?

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is an American scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce that focuses on the conditions of the oceans, major waterways, and the atmosphere.

Don't give all the holier than thou ********* about slush funds when you go and give $33 million to people who study the ocean. Give me a break. Oh and the IRS needs $300 million to deal with the Corona virus. OH BUT SLUSH FUNDS.

Gosh damn politicians. Screw them all. TRY TO HELP THE COUNTRY FOR ONCE YOU IGNORANT BASTARDS.

As obnoxious as the democrats are right now, and somebody needs to light Nanci's weeve on fire, they have a day or two to mash this out. This bill is ****ing massive, double the astronomical $1 trillion, that was much larger than initial numbers being thrown out. It's ****ing huge. Everybody got what they asked for when they came to the table. An extra $600/wk in unemployment benefits on top of what laid off workers will get from their state. That's big relief. $1,200 for every adult and more for dependents, for everyone, independent of need. Massive. $500 or whatever billion for corporations.

We are barely I to the beginning stage of economic collapse. Jobless claims were just 281,000 or thereabouts in the last report. Their squabbling and bickering for a few days over Pelosi's laundry list of pork isn't going to escalate anything.

Interested to find out what is in this stimulus package for cruise lines. Was going to post on how it's asinine to give them any assistance but turns out there are a couple articles on it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...should-be-at-the-end-of-the-bailout-line/amp/

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/23/...ry-bailout-trump-coronavirus-us-companies-tax

Tl/dr the major cruise lines are not US corporations, pay no federal tax, and skirt labor laws by operating in international waters, don't employ many Americans, and pay slave wages.

My input: Carnival made about $3 billion net income last year, and over 5 billion in positive cash flow by my calculation. They have little cash relative to their operating budget, just $500 million, but they have enormous shareholder equity - $25 billion, which is net of assets and what they owe. **** em. Give them to their creditors if they can't work something out. They aren't going away if they get reorganized through bankruptcy. What are the bankers going to do, sink the ships or transform them into oil tankers?

And where the hell is Chuck Schumer when he has a perfectly good example to use with his slush fund criticism? Absent. He doesnt really give a rat's *** y'all, don't be duped. Congress threw in the kitchen sink and all this hammering and yammering was nothing more than political theatre.

Sure. I understand. To some extent, I think Trump is using his time during these briefings as the only substitute he can find for the campaign rallies that can no longer be held. I am only interested in what the medical experts have to say at this point.

I did not expect you or I to agree, but, you know what, at least we can admit our differences.

Two days ago, a man I considered to be one of my very best "friends" sent me an email, telling me to never contact him again, for any reason. Told me I was mentally ill, because I had described to him the ways in which I felt Trump had failed us, and not just in regard to this crisis. While I could say, well, I guess he was not much of a friend after all, the fact is he is a very good man in so many ways, and we enjoyed many activities together. So be it.
Only you can decide whether your quest to inform the world of what you see as the president's crimes and shortcomings is worth the cost of lifetime friendships. It wouldn't be for me. I hope that you and your friend can come to some sort of understanding. In my life there are people I deal with, including good friends, who see the world very differently than I do politically. I have a lifelong friend, for instance (he's one of my five best friends in the world), who starts railing on the terrors of Trump and the horrors of the Republican party every time we get together. I let him vent and I completely avoid engaging at all until he's done. He says things that I could not possibly disagree with more, but I simply ignore the comments because our friendship is important to me. He knows that I am conservative and maybe that's why he does this... but I will not engage in political debate with him. When he brings up things he has learned from Rachel Maddow (one of the most hateful humans on this planet IMO) I secretly wish that he would stop allowing MSNBC to poison his mind. And when he is done we enjoy our friendship (whether skiing, golfing, playing ping pong or whatever) and leave the politics entirely out of it. We've been able to continue this way ever since he became highly politically opinionated which was probably about a decade ago. I hope we can continue for the rest of our lives.

As obnoxious as the democrats are right now, and somebody needs to light Nanci's weeve on fire, they have a day or two to mash this out. This bill is ****ing massive, double the astronomical $1 trillion, that was much larger than initial numbers being thrown out. It's ****ing huge. Everybody got what they asked for when they came to the table. An extra $600/wk in unemployment benefits on top of what laid off workers will get from their state. That's big relief. $1,200 for every adult and more for dependents, for everyone, independent of need. Massive. $500 or whatever billion for corporations.

We are barely I to the beginning stage of economic collapse. Jobless claims were just 281,000 or thereabouts in the last report. Their squabbling and bickering for a few days over Pelosi's laundry list of pork isn't going to escalate anything.

I’m assuming you mean two weeks ago.

There were 3.2 million unemployment claims last week.

Only you can decide whether your quest to inform the world of what you see as the president's crimes and shortcomings is worth the cost of lifetime friendships. It wouldn't be for me. I hope that you and your friend can come to some sort of understanding. In my life there are people I deal with, including good friends, who see the world very differently than I do politically. I have a lifelong friend, for instance (he's one of my five best friends in the world), who starts railing on the terrors of Trump and the horrors of the Republican party every time we get together. I let him vent and I completely avoid engaging at all until he's done. He says things that I could not possibly disagree with more, but I simply ignore the comments because our friendship is important to me. He knows that I am conservative and maybe that's why he does this... but I will not engage in political debate with him. When he brings up things he has learned from Rachel Maddow (one of the most hateful humans on this planet IMO) I secretly wish that he would stop allowing MSNBC to poison his mind. And when he is done we enjoy our friendship (whether skiing, golfing, playing ping pong or whatever) and leave the politics entirely out of it. We've been able to continue this way ever since he became highly politically opinionated which was probably about a decade ago. I hope we can continue for the rest of our lives.

My Berkeley-schooled, PhD sister and I just do not talk politics. It has been much friendlier that way.

The United States now has the most confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the world and Trump wants to open up the country again. Makes tons of sense.

Only you can decide whether your quest to inform the world of what you see as the president's crimes and shortcomings is worth the cost of lifetime friendships. It wouldn't be for me.

Well, sometimes we think we know someone, and then something happens to tell us we did not know them well enough.

He and I had an unspoken agreement not to talk politics. I know I decided this in the summer of 2016. I'm pretty sure he must have decided the same, because he never broached the subject in that time either. Nor, obviously, did I. Again, unspoken, I decided "leave politics alone where this friend is concerned". Does that sound familiar, sir???

So, what happened recently is we had been talking about the coronavirus, and I mentioned the California governor had indicated he expected some 25.5 million California residents to get the virus. He wrote back that California should round up all of its homeless population, put them in camps with armed guards, and allow them to infect each other, and keep it contained in these camps. And, if they all died, so be it. Of course, that would not prevent all of Cal's infections, so I am not sure why he settled on the homeless specifically.

This sounded like a "final solution" for the homeless, and I let fly. For the first time in Trump's presidency. Yet, I still managed to tell him I knew he was a good man, and that his opinion was not the "real" him speaking. Whatever the heck I meant by that, I should have simply told him he should be ashamed of himself.

He wrote back to tell me I was mentally ill, and should myself be locked up. And to never contact him again. All because I rendered my opinion of Trump, and he simply could not handle it.

So, Joe Bagadonuts, I did not spend the past 3 1/2 years trying to ruin this friendship, as part of a "quest". But, **** happens. My wife says "I know you, you will forgive him". She may be right, but, it is hard to overlook what my friend said regarding homeless camps and the coronavirus. They are human beings, not the animals he has apparently concluded they are, simply disposable to him.

Sounds like you made an assumption about a "quest"?? on my part, and one of my friendships, Joe Bagadonuts. And you were wrong. You have a lot of nerve simply assuming you could presume what you have presumed of me! "It wouldn't be for me" you wrote. Well, aren't you special! I had taken the very same approach, but you presume to actually know me! Go away!

Last edited:
You wrote that today in response to what I had said.
Is Wes actually Joe Biden in real life?
Well, sometimes we think we know someone, and then something happens to tell us we did not know them well enough.

He and I had an unspoken agreement not to talk politics. I know I decided this in the summer of 2016. I'm pretty sure he must have decided the same, because he never broached the subject in that time either. Nor, obviously, did I.

So, what happened recently is we had been talking about the coronavirus, and I mentioned the California governor had indicated he expected some 25.5 million California residents to get the virus. He wrote back that California should round up all of its homeless population, put them in camps with armed guards, and allow them to infect each other, and keep it contained in these camps. And, if they all died, so be it.

This sounded like a "final solution" for the homeless, and I let fly. For the first time in Trump's presidency. Yet, I still managed to tell him I knew he was a good man, and that his opinion was not the "real" him speaking. Whatever the heck I meant by that, I should have simply told him he should be ashamed of himself.

He wrote back to tell me I was mentally ill, and should myself be locked up. And to never contact him again.

So, Joe Bagadonuts, , I did not spend the past 3 1/2 years trying to ruin this friendship. But, **** happens. My wife says "I know you, you will forgive him". She may be right, but, it is hard to overlook what my friend said regarding homeless camps and the coronavirus. They are human beings, not the animals he has apparently concluded they are, simply disposable to him.

Sounds like you made an assumption about a "quest"?? on my part, and one of my friendships, Joe Bagadonuts. And you were wrong.
Well, when someone says something like that they are revealing themselves to be mentally ill (and frighteningly callous). I do think you are on a quest regarding Trump, you have said that yourself often in many different ways on this site. But I believe you are a good man with a good heart. There is little you can do if this friend of yours no longer wants to behave reasonably.