The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colton, Jul 16, 2019.

1. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Advocating for worker protections and paid time off is now considered “grandstanding?”

what do you think about giving Donald a $500 billion dollar slush fund?

2. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Please. As if the Senate bill Republicans propose is all that close to the House bill. Do you think I'm that stupid?

3. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    Elections have consequences. If Republicans wanted Democrats to mindlessly rubber stamp their Senate bill then they shouldn't have epically lost the House in 2018. Elections have consequences and for one hope the Democrats give Republicans hell. Their bill sucks. It doesn't do enough to help workers and is a massive giveaway to corporations and Trump. Trump in his presser today asked us to "Trust in him" with the $500 billion dollar slush fund. Seriously? The House isn't going let "trust" in the most corrupt president in our nation's history. Especially with money. We all saw what he did to Ukraine.

Elections have consequences. Time for Repubs to compromise and work with us. No more closed door meetings with Mitch kicking Democrats out. Time to work for American citizens; not for Trump’s re-election campaign.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  4. latin jazz

latin jazz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    @The Thriller. Nobel prize winner Paul Krugman had some good points today about the slush fund:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/...il&login=email&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage
    • "our highest priority isn’t job creation, it’s disaster relief". Basically helping families, small businesses and the health sector.
    • The stimulus bill provides "some, but only some, of the aid Americans in distress will need". The legislation includes "poison pills, like a provision that would deny aid to many nonprofit institutions like nursing homes and group homes for the disabled. But it also includes a $500 billion slush fund for corporations that the Trump administration could allocate at its discretion, with essentially no oversight. This isn’t just terrible policy; it’s an insult to our intelligence."
    • "it would be totally out of character for this administration to allocate huge sums fairly and in the public interest"
    • "there’s also the issue of competence. Why would you give vast discretionary power to a team that utterly botched the response to the coronavirus because Trump didn’t want to hear bad news?".
    • "right now Republicans seem dead set on exploiting a crisis their own president helped create by his refusal to take the pandemic seriously".

Stars Fan and colton like this.
  5. RandyForRubio

RandyForRubio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2015
    It should be possible, and even reasonable, that people can say these certain things:

- The Republican bill is offering too much that we are just unsure about? Will enough money get to the employees and small business owners? We cannot have a means test for getting money. Doesn't make any sense.

- The Democrats are using the crisis to try to fund certain things they want. I mean, they've openly admitted it. In a time like this, it's deplorable. I'm sure the Republicans are doing the same thing. Again, deplorable. Act like adults and try to help the country you're serving.

- If Nancy wants us to believe her bill is all about people over corporations, it probably should have $600 million going to the National Endowment for Arts (which I had never heard of before). Probably shouldn't have $36 million going to the JFK Museum of Arts. Probably shouldn't have money going towards the climate crisis. I mean, get freaking real.

Instead of using this crisis to try to win political battles, why can't they just try to help the country? Make a bill that ONLY focuses on getting money out to employees, and business owners. Forget the climate ****. Forget taxes. Forget helping your buddies business.

And it's crazy that people like Thriller and Political Jazz Fan can only discuss the most biased views of their side. Again, act like an adult you idiotic children. Now isn't the time for Republican vs Democrat. Now is the time to help your neighbor, whether you like them or not.

Assholes.

6. RandyForRubio

Mar 9, 2015
    And for the love, an amount of money that's given to businesses that is later paid back, with interest, is not a bail out. Imbeciles.

7. RandyForRubio

Mar 9, 2015
    Oh. And $33 million to NOAA to combat the Corona virus.

What is the NOAA?

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is an American scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce that focuses on the conditions of the oceans, major waterways, and the atmosphere.

Don't give all the holier than thou ********* about slush funds when you go and give $33 million to people who study the ocean. Give me a break. Oh and the IRS needs $300 million to deal with the Corona virus. OH BUT SLUSH FUNDS.

Gosh damn politicians. Screw them all. TRY TO HELP THE COUNTRY FOR ONCE YOU IGNORANT BASTARDS.

8. RandyForRubio

Mar 9, 2015
    Oh goodness it gets even better!

$7 million to Gallaudet University. A private University in DC for the deaf and blind. Now why are they getting $7 million to help with the Corona fight? Eh. Nobody knows.

Howard University (endowment of $647 million) gets $23 million.

$90 million to an HIV program. Did they forget that this is for the Corona virus? Easy to spend money that isn't yours!

$66 million to the National Center for Advancing Translating Sciences.

$300 million for the corporation for public broadcasting.

$500 million for Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Wow. This sure looks like it's helping the workers! Never wanna hear them complain about slush funds again.

9. Gameface

Gameface I actually REALLY like Gobert! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    You've never heard of the National Endowment for the Arts? Holy ****! How big is the rock you live under?

10. Political Jazz Fan

Political Jazz Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2019

11. Political Jazz Fan

Nov 21, 2019
    Yes

12. RandyForRubio

Mar 9, 2015
    Apparently quite large.

I am but a simple man who doesn't understand why $600 million to the Endowment for Arts will help fight the Corona virus.

Apparently it's annual budget is around $150 million. So 4x their annual budget is what they would get here. That sounds about right, lol.

13. Political Jazz Fan

Nov 21, 2019
    Just pre-empting your stupid arguments with this one.

14. RandyForRubio

Mar 9, 2015
    Oh shut up you ignorant asswipe.

You're Republican Thriller.

latin jazz and fishonjazz like this.
  15. Political Jazz Fan

Nov 21, 2019
    Ok idiot.

Give it a few days and you will be saying Trump's just enriching himself by trying to get the economy functioning again.

16. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    This
    Great post

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Douchebag K likes this.
  17. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    I’m just curious, where are you guys getting all of these details about the bills being debated when I see senators complaining about not knowing the details?

Anyone have links?

the link I posted earlier today explained the reservations that Democrats had on giving Donald his slush fund. Resent nearly as detailed as some of your posts. Where are y’all getting your information?

18. Political Jazz Fan

Nov 21, 2019
    It's already begun. So sick of this BS.

19. latin jazz

latin jazz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Lol

20. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    I think some of you could benefit by reading this thread