What's new

The unrepentant Rudy Gobert support thread

DL and his slow "patient" approach has been a giant issue. He was too slow to move us away from Ricky/Rudy/Favs... too slow moving us to a shooting 4... then he kinda boxed himself in on the Conley trade but really DM should be in our PG spot with Ingles operating as de facto pg... it just made sense from a length perspective. Not gonna mention Dante because it turned into Jordan Clarkson and I love me some JC.

Has done some good things for sure... but also has some fairly obvious blunders that I think could have been avoided. I feel like there is no way he moves on from Conley and he will refuse to move him out of the starting lineup... when it is obvious that going a different direction would likely be better (depends on what we could get... but I feel like we could get something more useful).

Crowder may not have been a huge upgrade over Niang on the court, but intensity and locker room stuff matters... plus you need one guy that just wants to fight people... Jae liked to fight people.

Dude Crowder is way better than Niang

He was just as terrible a rebounder and wasn’t that good defensively. His shooting (at volume) was sooooo much worse than Niang it’s a wash at best

I somehow don't remember people targeting Crowder on D and scoring at will with a free throw bonus like it was often the case against Niang. If you take per 36 stats Jae from his 2018-2019 versus Niang from last season: Georges 1,9 rebound and Jae 6,4 so it's a clear difference. There is no discussion that Niang is much better shooter but that's his only skill.

Niang isn't athletic either. But athleticism isn't a strength of Crowder's. It's not real an advantage over Niang. Crowder is a fairly smart players and he hustles a lot.

If you watch video of the two Crowder is much more polished and versatile, Niang is one dimensional and is a questionable NBA talent

If you watch video of the two Crowder is much more polished and versatile, Niang is one dimensional and is a questionable NBA talent
He is more polished and versatile. But didn't really have any great attributes. Niang possibly does with shooting at his size and that gives him a solid role. Plus he does some other things well. I think generally Crowder is a better player, I never said otherwise. I think Niang has a slightly higher ceiling and could be a better fit.

He is more polished and versatile. But didn't really have any great attributes. Niang possibly does with shooting at his size and that gives him a solid role. Plus he does some other things well. I think generally Crowder is a better player, I never said otherwise. I think Niang has a slightly higher ceiling and could be a better fit.

I assure you that Niang won't have a higher ceiling. I miss Crowder and to me Niang is nothing compared to him

I assure you that Niang won't have a higher ceiling. I miss Crowder and to me Niang is nothing compared to him
I don't miss Crowder that much on the court. He was a role player that filled that role poorly. I don't really thing Niang fills that role at all and was never intended to.

I loved Crowder on this team, with that said I cringed every time he touched the ball, because I knew there was a great chance he was going to let a contested 3 fly, Lol. No joke, that’s literally the first thing I thought when he touched it, when he’d come out I’d breath a sigh of relief. Now, if he was having one of his good games I didn’t have this problem.

I just wish he'd develop a sky hook. We've seen it a few times before but he's never consistently put it together. He'd be unstoppable on both sides of the floor.