What's new

The Walking Dead

Negan will be around for a very, very long time. Next season will probably be Scavengers as more the main enemy. They weren't really in the comics. The producers can do anything thy want with them. They'll probably amass an army of those armored walkers.

comic book spoiler ahead!!!!

actually negan is never killed in the comics! he still lives on a while he was in jail held prison by rick. sometimes talking to certain people from his jail cell. even giving rick advice, rick even went to him for help
!

The story has advanced past that. Check it out. Very interesting turn.

Hey how come now one is talking about the group of women by the water that had all their guns took? What about them?

On one side it would be cool (in a sad way) that they go back and they've been overrun by walkers or that the Scavengers took most of them out (since they are a sneaky bunch and could see that they would've had 1 spy following Rick's group.

Also the spineless Mayor guy at the Hilltop, I could see him getting in the way and then doing a mini redemption story and then end up doing more harm then good (similar to the guy that shot himself and almost got Glen killed).

As far as Negan, I would lean more towards following the comics, at least for a little while, as they've shown glimpses of him having some sense of decency (in a warped way) to get you to like him so they can keep him around for at least 1 more season. I personally have liked his comic relief, it has replaced Abraham's one liners.

But I guess I can turn off my thought logic/suspend disbelief enough to keep this show entertaining enough, not every episode is good but for me it's good enough.

The part of my brain I have to keep quiet involves killing Negan, it just seems like if they just wanted to kill him they really could have thought of a way. I just tell my brain that his mini groups would just become chaotic wild packs that are even worse, so they have to reduce their numbers in a show of force and as I stated before that the Negan character can have a longer shelf life to make the show more interesting.

Besides obviously offing Glen and Abraham, Negan is almost likable to me and the part that bugs me the most about him is how he lets his "Negan's" be such absolute dicks to the other groups (they don't in front of him as much). I get it for the story line though and I can talk myself into that he has to let them have some free rain so he can keep everyone under his thumb.

Are the scavengers the garbage pail kids/romulans?

Yes. I like Romulans lol

Romulans seems too dignified. I prefer garbage pail kids because with their stupid, childishly contrived way of talking it seems to fit.

Season 8. Yet more really stupid exposition and choices. Negan stands in full view for a half hour or whatever with dozens of guns on him and no one shoots. When they do they waste thousands of rounds shooting windows. Negan obviously hurt in a vulnerable position and they leave him alone. Negan in a closed space alone with a guy with a gun that can only sit there and cry about it. ****ty ****ty writing. Terrible episode.

Season 8. Yet more really stupid exposition and choices. Negan stands in full view for a half hour or whatever with dozens of guns on him and no one shoots. When they do they waste thousands of rounds shooting windows. Negan obviously hurt in a vulnerable position and they leave him alone. Negan in a closed space alone with a guy with a gun that can only sit there and cry about it. ****ty ****ty writing. Terrible episode.

Agree 100%. Episode Nr. 100 and they made it a total **** show. All these flashbacks and forwarding to future, I am not even talking about all the nonsense you described.... really?

Agree 100%. Episode Nr. 100 and they made it a total **** show. All these flashbacks and forwarding to future, I am not even talking about all the nonsense you described.... really?

I did find the choice of characters that get stuck together to have promise. Could be an interesting dynamic there as those two have not had much interaction yet.

Also agree with Log. No reason he shouldn't be dead yet. You have your best shot shoot him as soon as they all walk out. One shot by one shooter. Then you give you big speech about "decide now".

SMH

I did find the choice of characters that get stuck together to have promise. Could be an interesting dynamic there as those two have not had much interaction yet.

Also agree with Log. No reason he shouldn't be dead yet. You have your best shot shoot him as soon as they all walk out. One shot by one shooter. Then you give you big speech about "decide now".

SMH

Yeah, so they have a sniper who can hit a guy in a tree stand from far enough away that we do not hear the shot with a single shot to the head, but you cannot set it up so one guy in your assault group is aimed at the door with a rifle and scope to simply pop Negan as he walks through it. Or you don't set up a pre-arranged signal for everyone to simply unload at all the guys standing up there with your automatic weapons? Stupid stupid writing. The goal is to kill one guy, so when you have him in your sights with automatic weapons you let him ramble on about his dick for a half hour before wildly shooting in his general direction. Wow this for me was the jump the shark episode. So bad.

edit: to be clear I think the series has been on the downhill slide for a while with a host of bad episodes last season (the last few seasons actually, started getting bad in like season 4 or 5 really), but if I had to pin the shark jump on a single episode, this was it.

That might be one of the worst scenes of any show or movie I have ever watched.

Seriously, nobody on the set could see how dumb it was the they just didnt shoot Negan? The show has officially jumped the shark now. None of those writers or producers are in touch with reality anymore.

Lets not forget some of the other idiotic parts of the show. (You could really go on for days with this too.)

Idiot father Gabriel tries to save Gregory then just watches him get in the car and leave without him. Lol, wtf was that? I had to rewind just to see if I missed something.

Darryl drives down the road on a motorcycle probably doing at least 25, maybe 40, and the walkers move just as fast him behind him.

Father Gabriel gets locked up with Negan and just doesn't shoot him right then and there.

Ugggh. Give me a ****ing break. I dont want to watch how dumb you can make people.

SMH

Its pretty clear he is just going to use Gabriel to guilt Rick into surrendering by torturing Gabriel. Not that interesting.

TWD needs to get dumber. Bigger explosions, more zombies, more stuff that makes no sense, less dialogue. The shows #1 flaw is that it's way too serious.

And kill Negan ASAP. I'm so tired of his dialogue. "You got your ****ting pants on cuz you're about to **** your pants"? I know I just said I wanted the show to be less serious, but it has to actually be funny when it's funny.

are you srs?

The Walking Dead is the definition of addictive hate watching.

My company helps them every year with their big season premiere. Last night it was at the Greek Theater.

The place was packed with 6000 fans who were, for the most part, thoroughly entertained and happy. Watching them leave was like watching happy people leave Disneyland. I've honestly never been around that many people who were just content and happy and respectful.... (and I do this kind of thing a fair bit).

FWIW

The Walking Dead is the definition of addictive hate watching.

This is so true. I want to see it end, I have too much invested in it, so to speak. I usually don't waste my time with shows or movies that are not delivering on the promise, but I still find TWD entertaining even if it is just to scream "SHOOT HIM DAMMIT YOU MORONS, SHOOT HIM!!!" at the screen over and over again.

My company helps them every year with their big season premiere. Last night it was at the Greek Theater.

The place was packed with 6000 fans who were, for the most part, thoroughly entertained and happy. Watching them leave was like watching happy people leave Disneyland. I've honestly never been around that many people who were just content and happy and respectful.... (and I do this kind of thing a fair bit).

FWIW

I watched the talking dead, and it looked crazy. I wish I could have been in the audience to scream back at some of the fans, something like "SHUT THE **** UP AND LET THEM TALK ASSHOLES!". That was getting beyond irritating. You could tell it was bugging the actors too. Still looked like a fun time tbh.

I watched the talking dead, and it looked crazy. I wish I could have been in the audience to scream back at some of the fans, something like "SHUT THE **** UP AND LET THEM TALK ASSHOLES!". That was getting beyond irritating. You could tell it was bugging the actors too. Still looked like a fun time tbh.

I was smoking and drinking with some of the Walking Dead crew during the Talking Dead thing, so I have no idea about this.

For me one of the biggest let downs is the difference between comics Carl and show Carl. Comics Carl means business and is a killer. Also they could have had such a killer lineup.

Comics Andrea, Shane, Merle, Comics Carl, Michonne... They'd have just beaten Negan to death the first time they met.