What's new

These Jazz Practices Are Making Me Excited.

Find the post you have been incorrectly referencing for years.

i have better things to do with my time than search through your 15 k posts. it could have been in chat. you know you said he wouldnt ever make an impact in this league. or have you done too many drugs in the last few years? if you cant remember fine, but im not making it up. there is a reason i remembered your hate for burks. im a burks homer.

My guess is the offense will be looking to hit Enes for trailing 3's much like Memo got. I noticed in the leaked vines Kanter wasn't just practicing the corner 3...
Either way it solves the spacing problem and ball stopping, which is why the Jazz were better with Marvin on the floor.
Of course the counter argument is Kanter will be getting far less offensive rebounds, which he is exceptional at.
Oftentimes, better spacing can open up more lanes for offensive rebounds. A guy like Burks could potentially fly in and get some. It will interesting to see Kanter shooting three's, that's for sure.

Y'all need to report to Jody's and Tony's twitter accounts right now.

Huge gushing over Kanter and Burke. I iz excite.

My guess is the offense will be looking to hit Enes for trailing 3's much like Memo got. I noticed in the leaked vines Kanter wasn't just practicing the corner 3...
Either way it solves the spacing problem and ball stopping, which is why the Jazz were better with Marvin on the floor.
Of course the counter argument is Kanter will be getting far less offensive rebounds, which he is exceptional at.

Nice to hear that Kanter is looking good. I really want him to have a breakout this year.

About the offensive rebounds, it's true that Kanter's OREB numbers will likely decrease but I believe it won't affect the team's offensive rebounding much. Most of the high pace teams go for the offensive rebounds with one big. Some teams don't even go for it and just run the court back with all five players. The Jazz can do the 1 big option. When Kanter stretches the floor, Favors who is also a very good offensive rebounder would chase the boards and since one of the opponent's big will be out with Kanter, Favors can easily grab many offensive rebounds. And Kanter obviously won't be around the three point line all the time. When he plays in the paint he can go for the off boards as he always do. And Favors and Kanter, to a lesser degree, can do the similar thing just the other way around as well since also Favors is trying to expand his range and he has already shown improvement on it.

Goodness, I really think that Favors&Kanter have the potential to be a great duo. It's really beyond me that we saw so little of it in three freaking long years.

Y'all need to report to Jody's and Tony's twitter accounts right now.

Huge gushing over Kanter and Burke. I iz excite.

I'm being totally serious here: nothing would make me more excited. Those are the two players that, for months, I have been unable to manufacture any enthusiasm towards.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];910194 said:
I'm being totally serious here: nothing would make me more excited. Those are the two players that, for months, I have been unable to manufacture any enthusiasm towards.

Get this:
-Kanter is catching and making passes on the fly (like, theres a video on twitter of him catching the ball in the paint and quickly flinging it over to Hood, who drains the triple).
- Burke is reportedly extremely improved on the defensive end

Essentially the biggest concerns I had for both players-- both being absent according to twitter...? I couldn't believe it when I read my twitter feed earlier today.

People always ragged on Kanter's defense as his mortal flaw, and I was always like really? IMO his lack of offensive BBIQ is much more concerning.

The notion of him flinging passes into the corners from the paint is extremely abstract to me.

Might name my firstborn Quin if this stuff is for real.

Goodness, I really think that Favors&Kanter have the potential to be a great duo. It's really beyond me that we saw so little of it in three freaking long years.

Even if we did see it, Corbin would probably only utilize them in Hi-Lo situations. I don't think he ever had the confidence in stationing Kanter as a face-up 4, like Quin does.

tl;dr might be a blessing in disguise that this is the first season where both players really spend time with each other.

I just hope the Favors promise of 10 assists in a single game is pursued by him, and Kanter avoids the ball-sticking.

Get this:
-Kanter is catching and making passes on the fly (like, theres a video on twitter of him catching the ball in the paint and quickly flinging it over to Hood, who drains the triple).
- Burke is reportedly extremely improved on the defensive end

Essentially the biggest concerns I had for both players-- both being absent according to twitter...? I couldn't believe it when I read my twitter feed earlier today.

People always ragged on Kanter's defense as his mortal flaw, and I was always like really? IMO his lack of offensive BBIQ is much more concerning.

The notion of him flinging passes into the corners from the paint is extremely abstract to me.

Might name my firstborn Quin if this stuff is for real.

Burke's defense was obviously improved during SL play. I hope that, and these reports, are for real.

Kanter showed flashes of decent-to-good defense during his rookie year... I just haven't seen any improvements since then. Actually, I'd been seeing evidence of regression. His whole ****show is connected to BBIQ or lack thereof. It'd be a monumental boon if he figures things out.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];910204 said:
Burke's defense was obviously improved during SL play. I hope that, and these reports, are for real.

Kanter showed flashes of decent-to-good defense during his rookie year... I just haven't seen any improvements since then. Actually, I'd been seeing evidence of regression. His whole ****show is connected to BBIQ or lack thereof. It'd be a monumental boon if he figures things out.

His defense obviously needs repair (basing off of last season), but I figure that bad defense is more adjustable than zero offensive BBIQ. Kanter doesn't need to be Alonzo Mourning-- but it would seriously change our entire team if Kanter learned how to keep the ball from sticking to him.

A team with Burks/Burke/Hayward/Exum as capable ball-carriers, and a PF/C who keeps the ball moving? Potential for top 10 offense maybe in 1-2 years, pending we have good 3-point spacing.

Gosh I'm getting excited...

OMG dude, forgot to mention:

Burke is apparently pushing the ball up in transition EVERY TRIP DOWN THE COURT.

I KNOW.

Even if we did see it, Corbin would probably only utilize them in Hi-Lo situations. I don't think he ever had the confidence in stationing Kanter as a face-up 4, like Quin does.
Exactly, he couldn't even space them properly in the most basic offensive sets. I remember some stupid occasions that Kanter and Favors constantly bumping into each other in the games. Lol.

I just hope the Favors promise of 10 assists in a single game is pursued by him, and Kanter avoids the ball-sticking.
Hmm, first time hearing about it. That's such an ambitious promise. Although it's very a unlikely thing to happen, I like it a lot! Because, I was very disappointed when Favors responded with "meh" attitude to "go to move" question the last year(was it the last year?). This attitude is much much better, especially coming from Favors.

And it would be awesome if he could add any kind of decent passing game to his offensive repertoire.

Hayward also said they are addressing a lot of bad habits on defense that they have. Like ball watching and getting back.

Exactly, he couldn't even space them properly in the most basic offensive sets. I remember some stupid occasions that Kanter and Favors constantly bumping into each other in the games. Lol.

Hmm, first time hearing about it. That's such an ambitious promise. Although it's very a unlikely thing to happen, I like it a lot! Because, I was very disappointed when Favors responded with "meh" attitude to "go to move" question the last year(was it the last year?). This attitude is much much better, especially coming from Favors.

And it would be awesome if he could add any kind of decent passing game to his offensive repertoire.

It was every year. That was the reason I couldn't gather any excitement up for him. He spoke like he was done improving.

From what I've been told by my "source" Kanters looking better than expected in Snyders system. I am very interested to see for myself.
Apparently the change is night and day in his confidence.

From what I've been told by my "source" Kanters looking better than expected in Snyders system. I am very interested to see for myself.
Apparently the change is night and day in his confidence.

Who wouldn't? corbin was the worst D:

Sent from the JazzFanz app