What's new

Tonight's Real Storyline: Kanter v Jonas

Toronto's GM and coach are completely retarded with the singular exception of drafting JV which was a total no-brainer.

Lowry is not that great, Calderon is better. Bargs is completely miscast as a starting offensive focus and looks totally disinterested. They ought to be playing Jose and Jonas 30 MPG together minimum, with a shooter on the floor (ah, Bargs) as the outlet to that pnr.

I could run that team way better than they do. Those people are ridiculous.

Thats some kind of BS fan view, doubt he even watched the game - look at all Kanter's points scored. He scored 2 pts vs JV, how is that "lit up"? He did all his damage vs Bargnani, Johnson or whoever else was guarding him. If we would look at production vs each other actually JV scored 4pts after Kanter fouled him twice so you could even say that JV won head to head matchup.

You're accusing someone about did he even watch the game but now im in doubt, did you watch the game? When JV is on the floor Kanter scored 9 and you should count that pick&roll and iso plays that JV lost his man and let Bargs handle it or whoever playing beside him. That iso and pick&roll plays in his arsenal (especially iso plays) and if you want to make a proper head to head comprasion you should count them too.

You're accusing someone about did he even watch the game but now im in doubt, did you watch the game? When JV is on the floor Kanter scored 9 and you should count that pick&roll and iso plays that JV lost his man and let Bargs handle it or whoever playing beside him. That iso and pick&roll plays in his arsenal (especially iso plays) and if you want to make a proper head to head comprasion you should count them too.

I have game recorded and rewatched some key moments and sorry but you are wrong here. You should look at points scored directly vs each other, not when Kanter was guarded by Bargnani while JV was chasing Millsap 15FT from the basket. I can agree that you could add 2 FT he made after Pietrus fouled him on that first play as that one was after pick and roll ( probably first properly executed pick and roll by Kanter I have ever seen) vs JV but not any more points, just rewatch highlights with all his pts scored one more time. And when it comes to rebounds actually JV grabbed two of his offensive boards over Kanter, won jump ball and did not let Kanter grab any offensive boards while he was guarding him. His length and reach was compensating for Kanter's advantage in strength. Now if we look at shots vs each other, Kanter missed 3 jumpers and made fast break layup. JV attempted two shots where he got fouled by Kanter and made 4 FT after that.
Not much of a head to head duel at the end of the day. But I am excited to see what it will look few years from now or even next year in Eurobasket if Turkey and LT play each other at some point.

^^ We can hope for a match-up at Eurobasket between LT and Turkey. It has always been fun.
I think that iso plays, its a part of the match up cause Enes forcing Bargs to defend him and JV to stay on Millsap after his PnR deffense, its not a circumstantial thing.

Last edited:
JV again sucking, this time vs the Clippers. 18 Minutes 0/3 from The Field 3 Rebounds 5 PF, 1 As, 1 Point

This guy is planned as Starter ,I just don´t want to imagine, how bad he would look, playing almost garbage time every game like Kanter does. And fighting against the oppurtunity for substitutions after every mistake.

JV again sucking, this time vs the Clippers. 18 Minutes 0/3 from The Field 3 Rebounds 5 PF, 1 As, 1 Point

This guy is planned as Starter ,I just don´t want to imagine, how bad he would look, playing almost garbage time every game like Kanter does. And fighting against the oppurtunity for substitutions after every mistake.

Good point. Also I'm not buying the argument that Kanter has more experience than him either. JV has been playing professionally for 2 years in a league superior to the NCAA. Kanter had a 2 year layoff, then a 15 mpg rookie year in a lockout shortened season.

Good point. Also I'm not buying the argument that Kanter has more experience than him either. JV has been playing professionally for 2 years in a league superior to the NCAA. Kanter had a 2 year layoff, then a 15 mpg rookie year in a lockout shortened season.

Exactly .. Those opposed to Kanter and pro-JV were talking about how Kanter should have done things the way JV did and stay in Euro ball 'for experience' .. now what??

who said it? kanter is one of the most inexperienced players in the league.

One thing that has really impressed me about Kanter is his ability to exploit mismatches in size and strength. When someone is guarding him who isn't his size, he knows how to score on them. I wish I could say the same thing about Favors.

One thing that has really impressed me about Kanter is his ability to exploit mismatches in size and strength. When someone is guarding him who isn't his size, he knows how to score on them. I wish I could say the same thing about Favors.

I like how he moves TOWARDS the basket with the ball. Only he and Favors does that of our bigs. Think about it.

exactly, this is the main experience he had until he came to the nba. playing against smaller, thinner players and crashing his way through.