What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

LOL
45uzwmvu2u351.jpg

Dismantling police departments is idiotic. Training police to avoid inadvertently (or intentionally) killing innocent people would be a good idea.

I'm just trolling.

You make an interesting point though. All this talk, while it can be inspiring and meaningful, is empty unless individuals take action to either change themselves or help change others.

It's just not very thought about. It has serious implications as well. It is obvious that racism in USA has seeped into the system. White people have always been in power and if USA is going to become "ONE" it's going to be on white people's terms even if they are not consciously setting terms. They are simply the dominant side. It could mean that black culture or any other minority culture will be dissolved in white culture. Blacks will act like whites. All the diversity will be lost. I believe we simply need to be accepting of others and don't force them to become one of us. Keep the black culture or any other culture alive.

But you guys need to keep the discussion going on and there needs to be sides to it.

It's just not very thought about. It has serious implications as well. It is obvious that racism in USA has seeped into the system. White people have always been in power and if USA is going to become "ONE" it's going to be on white people's terms even if they are not consciously setting terms. They are simply the dominant side. It could mean that black culture or any other minority culture will be dissolved in white culture. Blacks will act like whites. All the diversity will be lost. I believe we simply need to be accepting of others and don't force them to become one of us. Keep the black culture or any other culture alive.

But you guys need to keep the discussion going on and there needs to be sides to it.
Racism hasn’t seeped into the system. It was purposefully built into it

Dismantling police departments is idiotic. Training police to avoid inadvertently (or intentionally) killing innocent people would be a good idea.
I would really love not seeing any cops around but that is not realistic nor is it what people are really discussing from what I have seen. Defunding is sure to be a gradual process with both short and long-term goals.

And training is not a magic wand you wave over cops to fix it. There is no universal quality to training either, especially if those who give the training are part of the corruption.

Last edited:
It’s far from idiotic.

Corporations have been deploying a similar tactic for the entire subcontracting era: if you don’t like the culture-fit of a subcontractor, just remove them and shop for another. What are police if not one department in the total body of public services?

If corporations do it all the time, then it ain’t radical.

Racism hasn’t seeped into the system. It was purposefully built into it
Yes, that is true. I didn't think much about the history of USA when I made that remark. I was thinking modern institutions but American colonies are pretty much just built on slavery.

A big part of the cause is the history of expansionist, Settler colonial States and their inexhaustible thirst to consume.

That's just capitalism innit? Our PM is a bible bashing, happy clapping, bell end tho.

Its a history of murder, dispossession and disadvantage, like most indigenous people that came into contact with European imperialism.
That's just capitalism innit? Our PM is a bible bashing, happy clapping, bell end tho.
Precisely. Thank you.

Our Anglo-Australian brothers and sisters are in this exact same boat. If you don’t feel laughed at, too, then that’s only a function of where the attention is pointed (and where you’ve decided to hide in the shadows).

I’d love to hear a refutation.

I’d also love to hear a recap of the past 150 years of Aboriginal history, including the present circumstances.

sure, every colonial country has massive issues and stains regarding it's treatment of the indigenous inhabitants.

But if you think there's political issues regarding bushfires lol The majority of our continent is dry useless land and we have these things called eucalyptus trees that are highly flammable. Frequent droughts combined with hot dry weather lead to these types of fires, which aren't new. We could actually do well to learn from our Indigenous people in terms of regular systematic burnings rather than listen to green advocates who zealously limit such fuel management steps.

Reactions: MVP