What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

It really doesn't feed your theory but sure... We took on an additional 3M next year at the very least. If you are going to be a FA player you'd want more space.

Danny loves his Beantown Boys... so he brought back and old favorite. Ryan will also buy him lunch cuz he saved 5M or so... Zupas on the boss today!!!
Yeah, but 3 million doesnt significantly change much (I would have to look closer at the exact #'s).

I'm sure you are right about the money saving thing though and the DA's boy thing tho. Hopefully another move happens that makes this make more sense.

We could have easily gotten Powell/Kleber who are both expiring for Bogey plus a couple seconds I’m sure. That’s a way better deal than this trash.

I think I would agree, but then again, I trust that Ainge has a plan for all of this and that the cap-space going into next year will be put to use and isnt just a Ryan money thing.
You can't be this naive... you think Ryan putting that 5-6M in savings in his Jazz piggy bank like its some ****ing college savings jar or some ****.

My other theory is that the Jazz liked that KO has the option on his contract. They can use him in a trade for salary matching purposes or waive him. He gives them roster building flexibility.

If this is the best we could get for Bogey, we're probably dreaming if we think we're getting anything decent for Conley or Clarkson as Bogey was a cheap and expiring contract.

Seems to me that this front office values financial flexibility and sucking more than anything as this saves Ryan >$5M and little else.

KO is a year removed from averaging 19 ppg and 8 rebs on 67%! TS. then last year he was horrible. call each of those years outliers (both fairly small samples), but for his career he's a double figure scorer on excellent efficiency. he's absolutely good enough to keep young guys on the bench.
That's good.

Either way I really dont give a **** about any of our young centers until they prove something.

Hopefully KO is pretty good. I do like him as a player and think he could help the team develop.

If this is the best we could get for Bogey, we're probably dreaming if we think we're getting anything decent for Conley or Clarkson as Bogey was a cheap and expiring contract.

Seems to me that this front office values financial flexibility and sucking more than anything as this saves Ryan >$5M and little else.
Conley is 10000% a negative asset and Clarkson is neutral at best.

My other theory is that the Jazz liked that KO has the option on his contract. They can use him in a trade for salary matching purposes or waive him. He gives them roster building flexibility.

The problem with that is they have to guarantee him before free agency so if they have a deal lined up sure I guess. This is a trash deal anyway you spin it. Only purpose was to save money.

it could be Duncan too.

Shamet's deal has more upside than THT... if he starts hitting threes at a 40%+ clip and shows a little more on-ball then you have two additional guaranteed years you can decide. THT either sucks (most likely) and signs up for another year of sucking... or he plays well and bails or gets a raise.

Yeah, I completely disagree.

The problem with that is they have to guarantee him before free agency so if they have a deal lined up sure I guess. This is a trash deal anyway you spin it. Only purpose was to save money.
And DA really likes him.

Also it makes the Pistons more likely to win more games than us, or at least more likely than they were prior to the trade.

We may be able to get him to push the date back... it happens frequently. But I bet I can predict how this plays out.

We make all this noise about being FA players... then we say we tried but it didn't work out... but at least we got KO that we can keep around. We operate at the salary floor so Ryan saves some dough... all of Jazzfanz will live in denial that we make money moves. Its kinda the first few years of DL playbook type of thing.

Yeah, I completely disagree.
Well its a fact homie... if THT opts in to his deal next year its because he proved he isn't worth 10M a year... if we exercise Shamet's option its because he outplayed his annual figure. If you think THT has more overall potential than Shamet that is cool... but realize him showing that potential means he getting paid or walking... which puts a big *** cap on his "upside".