What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Getting to be that time where FO starts getting aggressive.

52zc3f.jpg

LoPo’s weird vendetta against Conley is cringeworthy at this point. You don’t trade an all-star and league leader in +/- especially when you have the leagues best record.
Man you really need to read my posts and not listen to blowhard Cy. I have said 4 or 5 times JUST TODAY that I don't think we should trade him.

You must be a very happy person because ignorance is bliss.

I agree it may be a lateral move... but there is no player or scenario where Bojan is more useful on defense than Danny Green... none... not one. Just look at their block and steal rates. Danny is 2.3 and 2.6... Bojan is .8 and .1. Danny is better and locking his guy up too and it isn't close.

Danny gets a ton of **** for missing shots in some games... but guess what? In the playoffs last year he had the second best on-off splits for the championship team... better than Lebron... slightly worse than AD. The year before that he was 4th for the championship raptors...

Our current biggest need is perimeter defense... and it really isn't close. Danny might be the most playoff proven effective perimeter defender we could get... and he shoots 40% from three on good volume. He's a championship piece imo... even though he is old and runs like he has a turd that is about to squeak out his *** if he doesn't get to the bathroom soon.
I don't think Bojan is a better defender than Danny in any scenario either. That's not what I was saying. Bojan can be passable on defense but has the chance to take over games on offense.

Here are some guys still on rookie deals who could be available for relatively cheap: Troy Brown Jr., Cam Reddish, Kevin Knox.

Wizards fans would trade TBJ for Azubuike + 2RP. I would probably do that deal.

I don't think Bojan is a better defender than Danny in any scenario either. That's not what I was saying. Bojan can be passable on defense but has the chance to take over games on offense.
I understand now.

I don't think anything good enough will come along to move Bojan now. We'd be selling low too. I think if we need to make budget cuts this offseason a better deal will present itself. I get the impression some view him as having negative trade value when Aaron Gordon and Barnes are apparently worth two firsts... kinda wild difference if my understanding of the perception is correct.

Here are some guys still on rookie deals who could be available for relatively cheap: Troy Brown Jr., Cam Reddish, Kevin Knox.

Moves like these are offseason deals... no young player is going to come in and breakthrough here this season... should table all these ideas until the summer.

I like the idea of using our trade exception on Kevin Knox. If we wait until the summer, his contract is too big ($5.8) for the Ed Davis exception ($5.05 million).

We could offer the GS 2nd rounder this year plus a highly protected first that will convey sometime in the next 4 years or be conveyed via two future 2nd round picks.

Danny Green is a one year deal...... You guys even realize what it means?

If you can trade Bojan for a one year deal, ANY one year deal, you'd jump on it in a heartbeat. Because it greatly increases our chance of keeping Conley in the summer and going for one more title run if we fall short this season.

In that case, trading Bojan for one year of Danny Green might be our best possible scenario because It keeps our title chance alive this season(if anything, it ENHANCES it) while giving us flexibility going forward.

Danny Green is a one year deal...... You guys even realize what it means?

If you can trade Bojan for a one year deal, ANY one year deal, you'd jump on it in a heartbeat. Because it greatly increases our chance of keeping Conley in the summer and going for one more title run if we fall short this season.

In that case, trading Bojan for one year of Danny Green might be our best possible scenario because It keeps our title chance alive this season(if anything, it ENHANCES it) while giving us flexibility going forward.
I'd much rather maximize this year's title run that hedge for the future.

Well, this year's Bojan isn't necessarily helping us maximizing that chance, is he? If it was last year's Bojan, I absolutely agree. But this year he is recovering from his wrist surgery and having ups and downs shooting the ball. And he's been an absolute liability on the floor and costing us ball games when his shot isn't falling.

He may recover at some point, maybe by the end of this season, maybe during next season. But he gotta hurry the **** up because his inconsistent shooting really isn't helping our title chance in any way.

Either he recovers at some point or we should be looking at other options "maximizing" our title chance thus season. And getting Danny Green is absolutely one of them.

Well, this year's Bojan isn't necessarily helping us maximizing that chance, is he? If it was last year's Bojan, I absolutely agree. But this year he is recovering from his wrist surgery and having ups and downs shooting the ball. And he's been an absolute liability on the floor and costing us ball games when his shot isn't falling.

He may recover at some point, maybe by the end of this season, maybe during next season. But he gotta hurry the **** up because his inconsistent shooting really isn't helping our title chance in any way.

Either he recovers at some point or we should be looking at other options "maximizing" our title chance thus season. And getting Danny Green is absolutely one of them.
You were part of the dumbass poster group who screamed to trade Conley for the past year, right?

Soooo getting the guy with about 150 playoff games and 3 titles under his belt hurts our title run this year?

Yall are also mentioning Bojan's playoff numbers like they are good... they are not great. He helped Indiana hold their own one year against the Lebron Cavs. His playoff numbers are worse than his regular season numbers.

What about Bojan screams "this guy is a killer in the playoffs".

Someone please clue me in here on how Bojan is so much better than Danny?

You were part of the dumbass poster group who screamed to trade Conley for the past year, right?
Yep, because last year's Conley did not help our title chance when he's struggled in most of the games, most notably his 2-13 effort in G7 versus Denver that shot us right out of the playoffs. So sorry for nothing. This year luckily he's been helping though. Will we want to wait for another year to see if Bojan can recover from his wrist surgery?

Last edited:
Yep, because last year's Conley did not help our title chance when he's struggled in most of the games, most notably his 2-13 effort in G7 versus Denver that shot us right out of the playoffs. So sorry for nothing. This year luckily he's been helping though.
Yep. Conley has been a much better player this year than last. I'm sure somebody is going to bring up some stat that doesn't truly paint the whole story to try to say that Conley is having some ridiculously good season and he's completely irreplaceable.

I really hope that Conley can continue to be great come playoff time. I do have my concerns.

Soooo getting the guy with about 150 playoff games and 3 titles under his belt hurts our title run this year?

Yall are also mentioning Bojan's playoff numbers like they are good... they are not great. He helped Indiana hold their own one year against the Lebron Cavs. His playoff numbers are worse than his regular season numbers.

Even a struggling Bojan takes us past Denver last year. We probably beat them pretty easily with Bojan playing exactly how he is right now. Even a struggling Bojan has gravity for the defense. You can't leave him open. You can't give him the same space that Royce gets.

My hope is that Conley and Bojan play to their average or better about half the time come playoff time. If they do, we can compete with anybody.

Yep, because last year's Conley did not help our title chance when he's struggled in most of the games, most notably his 2-13 effort in G7 versus Denver that shot us right out of the playoffs. So sorry for nothing. This year luckily he's been helping though. Will we want to wait for another year to see if Bojan can recover from his wrist surgery?
So your winning strategy is to sell low on players the moment they struggle?

Even a struggling Bojan takes us past Denver last year. We probably beat them pretty easily with Bojan playing exactly how he is right now. Even a struggling Bojan has gravity for the defense. You can't leave him open. You can't give him the same space that Royce gets.

My hope is that Conley and Bojan play to their average or better about half the time come playoff time. If they do, we can compete with anybody.
Ummmm having Danny would have also had us beating Denver. Remember when Jamal Murray went human torch? Danny would have been really ****ing useful.

You can't leave Danny open either. His career % is slightly better than Bojan's on a similar amount of attempts.

Just dont think he fits the strength of the team. Jazz strength is they got a lot of dudes who can shoot and put the ball on the floor. Bogey with his size is a pretty big part of that. If he's on he's a super tough mismatch for the other team to deal with.

It's not like Bogey has been bad all year. Hell he was pretty good in February. He averaged 16 points on 47/39 splits. March has just been really rough on him. Hopefully it's just the road heavy schedule getting to him and he evens out once the Jazz get some home games in.