What's new

Trade deadline discussion

You mean like he just did... If he goes to Houston he just tells them he won't re-sign in a year... he has leverage.

He's making the assumption that a "contending" team is going to give up assets to go get him. He doesn't move the needle to a championship for anyone. Most teams would just wait until his next contract rather than pay a price. Does anyone actually believe Boston is giving up Smart and 2 firsts for him? That sounds like agent generated noise.

He's making the assumption that a "contending" team is going to give up assets to go get him. He doesn't move the needle to a championship for anyone. Most teams would just wait until his next contract rather than pay a price. Does anyone actually believe Boston is giving up Smart and 2 firsts for him? That sounds like agent generated noise.
Right but he can at least find a playoff team... I wouldn't want to be in Orlando or Houston... pretty easy to improve on either situation.

I think Denver ponies up at least one pick and one of their young guys not named Michael Porter.

Porty can give a pick and Simons/Collins.

I think the Boston trade is more likely to be Kemba than Smart... so I agree. Unless Smart isn't getting along with dudes, which is entirely possible. He's an ******* but he's the right type of *******. Wants to win and if guys don't come with him there are going to be problems. Kinda like Jimmy Butler.

I think it would more likely be Smart plus one first out... Fournier and Gordon in... Smart goes to a third team who gives up expiring salary and a first.

I could not be happier for how this is all falling apart for Danny Ainge and super genius and future POTUS Brad Stevens.

I'd rather have Smart than Gordon if I was a contender... that ************* can guard anyone and has a knack for making huge plays in important games. He will shoot you out of a few games doe.

From hoopshype. I know the source is questionable, but I am bored:​

Utah: Bench upgrades​

USATSI_15750134.jpg

Despite some losses recently, the Utah Jazz boast a roster replete with star power (Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert), veteran experience (Mike Conley, Derrick Favorsand Ersan Ilyasova), shooting (Joe Ingles and Bojan Bogdanovic), making it tough to surmise where exactly they need help in ahead of the trade deadline.
Utah even has the frontrunner for Sixth Man of the Year in Jordan Clarkson as their top bench piece, so even their depth is among the best in the NBA.
Regardless, if we had to pick nits, perhaps picking up another rotation-level piece for their reserve unit could be wise for Utah, just to avoid a situation where an injury causes for an inexperienced player like Miye Onior Juwan Morgan to have to play.
Potential trade targets to fill needs: Austin Rivers, Aaron Holiday, Justin Holiday, George Hill
For the latest Utah Jazz rumors, click here.

As long as Bojan spaces the floor, he is valuable. The offense will stop working if the Jazz trade him for a nonspacer.

Its kinda wild to see that the Kings and Magic are getting big offers for Barnes and Gordon. Kings absolutely should sell off Barnes and tank... Magic should sell every damn thing and actually do a rebuild... both teams still want to gun for the 10th seed... for what? Ain't gonna be a lot of playoff money... just get a few dollars savings in the trade and take some cash considerations.
Kings is one Luke Walton firing away from being in the playoffs and I think they should/will hold onto Barnes. Magic, though, yeah it is time for them to go the pistons route.

As long as Bojan spaces the floor, he is valuable. The offense will stop working if the Jazz trade him for a nonspacer.
Not true. Ingles can do what bojan does and more. Niang too. We need an actual forward who can do forwards things, that is rebounding and help defense when Rudy is drawn out of the paint. Not repeat of what we already have.

Kings is one Luke Walton firing away from being in the playoffs and I think they should/will hold onto Barnes. Magic, though, yeah it is time for them to go the pistons route.
Not in the west. Barnes is fine but if they can pick up a couple firsts, add a lotto pick this year, find a new coach in the offseason... they might set themselves up for sustained success.

We have a diet Bojan in Niang... now if Bojan starts playing like pre-AS 2019-20 Bojan then we'd have a super hydra.

I don't think we need to move Bojan but I'd be investigating it. Would be looking for some defense and salary flexibility... or just adding a pick and getting an upgrade.

Not in the west. Barnes is fine but if they can pick up a couple firsts, add a lotto pick this year, find a new coach in the offseason... they might set themselves up for sustained success.
What they were doing under Joerger was working, that is to install a fast pace offense around Fox. But Vlade fired Joerger for him to be the scapegoat of the Bagley pick. And Walton really isn't a competent coach who knows what he is doing. They will play fast in some games then slow it down in some games for no reason. That is why they can’t sustain any kind of consistency after putting up big wins against the Nuggets in Denver, Clippers in LA, etc.

To me, Kings talent level is on par with Hawks from the East. All they gotta do is fire Walton and they are well capable of going on a win streak immediately after like what the Hawks been doing under McMillan. Vlade is gone after all. Time to admit their mistakes.

We have a diet Bojan in Niang... now if Bojan starts playing like pre-AS 2019-20 Bojan then we'd have a super hydra.

I don't think we need to move Bojan but I'd be investigating it. Would be looking for some defense and salary flexibility... or just adding a pick and getting an upgrade.

Jazz could possibly get a 3-month rental on Victor Oladipo with Bogey's salary. He and Norm Powell both qualify as perimeter defenders who can shoot.

Jazz could possibly get a 3-month rental on Victor Oladipo with Bogey's salary. He and Norm Powell both qualify as perimeter defenders who can shoot.
Vic is too disruptive to what we do imo. I think he will play like **** until he gets where he wants... NY or Miami. Norm... nah... I'm cool with Bogey if that is the return.

Vic is too disruptive to what we do imo. I think he will play like **** until he gets where he wants... NY or Miami. Norm... nah... I'm cool with Bogey if that is the return.

Norm makes Royce O'Neale/Joe Ingles money. He'd have to be part of a bigger deal. I don't think Vic would play like ****. He'd be going deep in the POs playing for a new contract in Miami.

A perimeter with Conley/Mitchell/Oladipo is pretty versatile.

Apparently Marcus Smart thinks he will be traded by the deadline.
I have no idea how it'd work lineup-wise but I for sure would swap Bojan for him if Celtics or Magic wanna cut us in.

Probably just start him in Bojan's spot. He can guard anyone from Jamal Murray to Lebron (at least for a while). Would love to see what that maniac can do running around with Rudy behind him.

Celtics would be better off just taking on Horford's deal. They need another big. They just soft... only gonna get softer if they move Smart.