What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Hypothetically could Kuzma's contract fit under a TPE?
No... he signed an extension which complicates his cap number... basically unless the team is under the salary cap the salary matching is impossible.

DL gave the same response btw.... I kid I kid the phone lines are still open.

If the asking price isn't high for Markkanen, I'd like to see the Jazz sneak off with him. I think they can do things with him we haven't seen since Memo Okur. He'd give us a legit pick-and-pop big.

If the asking price isn't high for Markkanen, I'd like to see the Jazz sneak off with him. I think they can do things with him we haven't seen since Memo Okur. He'd give us a legit pick-and-pop big.
I agree but I don't think they're shopping him to dump him, which is what the Jazz can offer with their dearth of assets. I think they are looking to cash in. I'd love to be wrong.

I agree but I don't think they're shopping him to dump him, which is what the Jazz can offer with their dearth of assets. I think they are looking to cash in. I'd love to be wrong.
I don’t get the Lauri love. He’s big and a good shooter but he doesn’t play big... he’s Andrea Bargnani-esque imo.

I don’t get the Lauri love. He’s big and a good shooter but he doesn’t play big... he’s Andrea Bargnani-esque imo.

Prime Bargnani would be pretty good on our team. But they also are different players. Lauri has shown the ability to do quite a few different things. He's been really underutilized in a bad system. He's also been injured a lot. Even with that he's further along then Bargnani was anywhere close to that age and uses his height much better for things like rebounding.

I would also like him but he really isn't a win now piece. He's a project and that's not really what we need right now. Unless for some reason we could pick him up for very little then I think he's a bad option here.

Prime Bargnani would be pretty good on our team. But they also are different players. Lauri has shown the ability to do quite a few different things. He's been really underutilized in a bad system. He's also been injured a lot. Even with that he's further along then Bargnani was anywhere close to that age and uses his height much better for things like rebounding.

I would also like him but he really isn't a win now piece. He's a project and that's not really what we need right now. Unless for some reason we could pick him up for very little then I think he's a bad option here.
Bargnani sucked take it from someone who watched him play in Toronto.

Didn't know there was such a thing like prime Bargnani hehe. He was bad all along, even when putting up decent numbers. I'm not sold on Lauri. He seems to be regressing and is always injured.

Would put Conley back in his old wheelhouse. Could be huge for us in the playoffs.

What does Lauri do with all his “length” that makes him so intriguing... cuz it ain’t defense or rebounding.

He actually has a poor wingspan for a 7 footer. He’s fine but people see a big guy shooting threes and get themselves a little over-heated. For all the Bargnani hate he actually blocked some shots... if a unicorn doesn’t have a horn then it’s just a horse.

We aren’t making a trade. I am pretty sure we end up adding Dante after he is bought out... if he isn’t ded.

heard Locke talking about how careful you have to be in adding a guy because they won’t have practice time and need to be fine sitting... I think this all adds up for a reunion and starting the most frustrating experiment all over again. DL needs to feel the soft caress of Dante’s hand pads again.