What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Have any of you who live close to a Best Buy heard any trade rumblings? What are the Utah media folks saying about trades?

I'm not near a Best Buy, but I think the Jazz will try to use their TPEs from the Ed Davis and Tony Bradley trades, plus 2nd-round picks to grab someone relatively cheap. It would take something really special for the Jazz to disrupt their current 8-man rotation. So think guys like James Ennis or David Nwaba. Maybe Mo Harkless.

Aaron Gordon has reportedly requested a trade from the Magic, but I'm not sure if the Jazz would be able to get him with a Bogdanovic 3-team trade or not....or, if they would want to. (If the Jazz contemplate moving Bogdanvoic, it would be because they think he's a defensive liability.)

I think the Jazz probably like Norman Powell, but I'm not sure what they could send out to match salary. It's an awkward fit financially. They'd have to play him at the 3.

Free agents like Glenn Robinson III and Thon Maker are just sitting out there waiting to be picked up.

Last edited:
Free agents like Glenn Robinson III and Thon Maker are just sitting out there waiting to be picked up.
I’d be really skeptical about us being able to pick up Maker. With a high center of gravity, you’d tip over.

So latest rumors are Houston wants Aaron Gordon now? willing to put up two firsts for him? IDK wtf they are doing but I'd be happy to ship a first to Houston so they can route the pick to Orlando if they wanna throw Tate our way.

Houston sounds like a total **** show... how they didn't pull Caris instead of Vic is so dumb... just call them every day because they gonna do something dumb.
Could someone translate this post into English? Houston wants aaron Gordon for picks but the rest of it makes no sense to me.

Could someone translate this post into English? Houston wants aaron Gordon for picks but the rest of it makes no sense to me.
I like a player named Jae'Sean Tate from Houston... I started a thread about him. Houston may not be interested in trading him to us for a first round pick... unless they want Gordon and need the pick to get him. They already have outgoing picks going to OKC so this is a way for them to acquire a pick and for us to get a useful player on a cheap deal.

If we are going the G-league route, I wouldn't mind Gary Payton II.
It feels like playing a guy like him or Shaq 8-10 minutes a night just to cause havoc would give us an energy boost we sorely need some nights.

I'm not near a Best Buy, but I think the Jazz will try to use their TPEs from the Ed Davis and Tony Bradley trades, plus 2nd-round picks to grab someone relatively cheap. It would take something really special for the Jazz to disrupt their current 8-man rotation. So think guys like James Ennis or David Nwaba. Maybe Mo Harkless.

Aaron Gordon has reportedly requested a trade from the Magic, but I'm not sure if the Jazz would be able to get him with a Bogdanovic 3-team trade or not....or, if they would want to. (If the Jazz contemplate moving Bogdanvoic, it would be because they think he's a defensive liability.)

I think the Jazz probably like Norman Powell, but I'm not sure what they could send out to match salary. It's an awkward fit financially. They'd have to play him at the 3.

Obviously not ideal, but Would a Glenn Robinson pickup be worth it? Seems like we could use another body or two that can be thrown at the likes of Lebron, Kawhi, PG, Harden, and KD. Seems like Glenn might be a body with a decent jumper, right?

There are some names flying around like Marcus Smart that are a bit surprising to hear. For us to do something meaningful we need to be like Indiana was in the BKN Houston deal... just sneak in and grab one of the parts of the deal while no one is looking... pull a Caris Levert out of a deal magically.

There are some names flying around like Marcus Smart that are a bit surprising to hear. For us to do something meaningful we need to be like Indiana was in the BKN Houston deal... just sneak in and grab one of the parts of the deal while no one is looking... pull a Caris Levert out of a deal magically.
I have consistently supported Bojan, but if you can send him out and somehow bring in Smart, then you do it.

If the Mavs get Oladipo, which is rumored, and they send out James Johnson to Houston... that would be a buyout candidate I think we look at. Would fit the tough guy enforcer type we kinda need. We had rumored to be interested the year Hayward left... so @infection he'd fit the bill.

I think he might be a bit too washed but maybe.

I think you have to attempt to trade Bojan for Gordon. Gordon is younger, longer, and more athletic than Bojan. I think Bojan is great but he's not going to be the player he was last year. He needs an off season to get back in rhythm. The window for us to win is small and we need to go all in.

I think you have to attempt to trade Bojan for Gordon. Gordon is younger, longer, and more athletic than Bojan. I think Bojan is great but he's not going to be the player he was last year. He needs an off season to get back in rhythm. The window for us to win is small and we need to go all in.
Orlando will get a better offer, I’d bet.

And AG isn’t a win-now piece, is he? Where’s the evidence for that status?