What's new

Trade ideas

Thunder fans on Twitter are proposing Giddey + Dieng + 4 firsts.
That's at the tipping point for me. Would depend on which picks. For OKC if we did trade lauri it would essentially mean they ain't getting the first they own from us. So that one is in there for almost free.

I also wouldn't want Josh... so hopefully we find a team that will give us something for him.

I can see Houston as a dark horse candidate for Lauri. They have wayyyyyy too many pieces on their roster that they simply don't have the minutes for. Like Whitmore is playing like G leagues Lebron out there and on any other team he would've been recalled long ago and inserted into the rotation. They still have Amen who's the 4th overall pick and can't find min. Tari Eason has been a beast lately and he can't even crack 25min in Rockets rotation.

I think they need to consolidate their pieces into a package for a more established star before these pieces start losing value due to lack of PT and opportunities. Plus they owe their FRP to OKC so they are trying to win now(wouldn't have signed FVV if they aren't)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215-111407.png
    Screenshot_20231215-111407.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I don't think we're going to get the Don/Rudy level packages for Lauri. 2/3 young players + 2/3 picks is more like what I'm expecting if it were to get done. Maybe a little bit more than the Ringer Warriors deal.
We have zero reason to sell below Don/Rudy prices... Those prices will be there either on an extension or as an expiring contract that can be extended. Premium picks or premium prospects or GTFOH.

I can see Houston as a dark horse candidate for Lauri. They have wayyyyyy too many pieces on their roster that they simply don't have the minutes for. Like Whitmore is playing like G leagues Lebron out there and on any other team he would've been recalled long ago and inserted into the rotation. They still have Amen who's the 4th overall pick and can't find min. Tari Eason has been a beast lately and he can't even crack 25min in Rockets rotation.

I think they need to consolidate their pieces into a package for a more established star before these pieces start losing value due to lack of PT and opportunities. Plus they owe their FRP to OKC so they are trying to win now(wouldn't have signed FVV if they aren't)

I agree on Houston, they need to consolidate. I'm not sure we are the best partner for them.

It really sucks we don’t have Cleveland’s 1st this year. Garland is out for awhile and now Mobley is out for 2 months.
Don ain't gonna be there next year doe and Mobley isn't turning out to be what he was supposed to.

Side note... Garland seems to have the worst luck with face injuries.

It really sucks we don’t have Cleveland’s 1st this year. Garland is out for awhile and now Mobley is out for 2 months.
We really should've asked for their FRP in 24 and 26 then pick swap in 25 and 27.

Having them swapping pick the same year as we have pick swap with Minny doesn't really make any sense.

Pistons might be another team that could trade for Lauri but I would need Ausar+Ivey and then they have pick protections on a pick they owe that make it hard to move a pick BUT you could do some language where you get swaps if it falls in that range. If it falls in that range it means its top 8-10.

Honestly in any potential Lauri trade I think I would prioritize young talent over picks. So I dont think the Thunder can get me there.

Maybe if the Pistons get the Jazz on the phone and offer Ausuar w/ two picks.....

But even then, even with how special AUsuar looks, the dude is an awful awful awfull awful awful shooter. I saw a highlight where he airballed by like 5 feet in a way that I've never seen from a NBA player

We have zero reason to sell below Don/Rudy prices... Those prices will be there either on an extension or as an expiring contract that can be extended. Premium picks or premium prospects or GTFOH.

Well, I guess the other option is that we have to have a better plan to proceed with Lauri. And maybe we do…but I don’t think we will get the same price as those two guys if we decide to trade him. They were much better players imo.

A bidding war could drive the price up quite a bit though.

I agree on Houston, they need to consolidate. I'm not sure we are the best partner for them.
We are. Hou is ranked bottom half in terms of 3pt shooting. Adding one of the leagues best shooters definitely makes sense for them. Plus it's not like there are that many teams willing to sell their biggest star at the moment. And I think teams will most definitely prioritze Lauri over the likes of Lavine and Vuce.

Well, I guess the other option is that we have to have a better plan to proceed with Lauri. And maybe we do…but I don’t think we will get the same price as those two guys if we decide to trade him. They were much better players imo.

A bidding war could drive the price up quite a bit though.
Fit, contract size, and age... I think he is every bit as valuable as a trade chip as Rudy was.

I am listening... and I love these guys... but the offers have been full trash thus far. Protected picks and ****.
they suggest Bertans, Dieng, Giddey, plus 3 firsts for Lauri and KO. They are OKC guys just an FYI.